Tree of Savior Forum

11 aspects that can fix the game structural problems [2021]

You have a good point, but may be it’s too late for this game.
That’s like rework the whole game.
I wish it happen but I won’t get my hope.

Sometimes i get the feeling IMC got too comfortable with being one of the few MMOs that has an anime art style and took it as their primary promotion aspect, works for monetization but art style and aesthetics can’t carry an MMO on its own. Visuals, presentation and concept are the what get people trying the game, once they’re in the game needs a good hook in gameplay (most common) and/or story - it’s game making 101.

Exactly. Sometimes i wonder if people forget how important the words “I found this game that is really fun, wanna play together?” is for the growth of any game, specially a free to play game. You never know which of the new players can become a hardcore player nor how much it is willing to spend if it really enjoys the game.

It’s kinda like politics, people usually complain about things that affect them on daily level and want quick solutions to it, most don’t really care about which route you take as long as you fix the problem even if that only works in the surface.

There are still players zealously defending the game (and trying to play it) even after this huge flop of an update, players that who are waiting IMC to fix their latest technical issues and those who long left the game but still inhabit the forums with a faint glimpse of hope that it will ever get out of this direction. It will only be too late when these give up.

Kinda… Ideally they should aim for all 11 but the game could improve significantly even if they only took 2, 4, 5 and 6. None of these require that much of a workload and they can still use most of the current aspects of the game without having to adapt them. As i said before, they have the option to test the idea out through an special event and then commit to it if player reception is positive enough.

1 Like

Man… that exact quote tho. The real essence of MMOs, sadly being forgotten. RIP

:sad:

1 Like

On a slightly different note.

I’ve been playing another (from another genre) game this week that had an impactful content release as well, with a new game mode. There were some issues with that game mode today but since the game was overall solid the other options available still made possible to enjoy the game without playing this new mode.

It’s a bit frustrating that this mode is unavailable/unplayable for a while but that’s fun an addition to the game, not a core aspect. This is why foundations are important, you have something to back it up in case of an unexpected issue, it’s also a tool to make sure your playerbase won’t be stranding.

This last update is a proof that relying too much (if not exclusively) on the new content isn’t a good idea, not that all the mess was caused due the new content itself but we know how bugged it is just by taking kToS side complaints.