Tree of Savior Forum

100 hours of gameplay

ok this got longer than i was expecting…

I have played about 100 hours and present while playing of course.

The modern MMO games in the closed or opened beta state are becoming jokes.
Developers these days wont reset after release so that the environments are cleaned from the mess during the testing.

What mess?
By mess I point fingers on “hackers”, botters, bug exploiting players etc, in short, cheaters.
The game is not supposed to be played this way. It ruins the experience of the players who dont cheat, mostly the new players joining the world.
When you see someone cheating his or her way through level 1 to level 200 without any effort at all, that makes you want to stop playing because whats the point in spending all your free time for a long period of time on a game with characters progression when you could google search, send a small amount of money for a lifetime use of a bot thats never detected?
If thats a possibility, then most would rather take the easy effortless way out. You basically play while spending your time on something else.

A game during beta testing is just testing, on release it should be brand new and fresh.
No one wants to enter the world of a recently released game and see AFK grinders after the first few steps they take in any direction.

By not resetting, you open a gate from hell for the cheating disgusting players to enter the clean world, affecting every new players potentially good experience.

then WHY?!?!?!?! why do game devs the modern time keep the disgusting pile of crap from the testing and put it into the game?! profit?! to keep the testers in the game so that they wont quit because they lost all their valuable progression?!
IT SHOULDNT MATTER!!!
Dont be delusional! dont believe your FALSE FANS!
Now, heres what made me bring this up:
I was scrolling through old threads and saw a post asking whether theyd reset it or not.
The trigger was when i read the FAQ, the same question was brought there and the devs respond “maybe”, not exactly in those terms but in short they are thinking of keeping all the level 250 cheaters in the game to bring them into the new world after release.

Maybe its impossible to get rid of the botting cheating players, but dont, for the live of GOD, bring the characters from the testing to the actual game after release!

This leads to questioning the use of pets in the game:
every zone, every instance of that zone, as long as there are rapid or frequent monster spawns there, youll see atleast one high level afk player with a strong pet there.
Just had to bring this up because it seems relevant to “effortless progression”.

Im done complaining. If the amount of cheaters increase, then i ll eeither cheat like them or find another MMORPG

Would be nice to have the option to report players by right clicking on them and a system where when the number of players who reported the player exceeds a certain limit, the player would be banned.

1 Like

that should never ever be implemented in any game because there would be a certain group of players that will ban any and all competition just by spamming that report button.

Your whole complain is based on assumption that character data will be saved. If so i’d ask you to post a proof of that because currently CBT servers run on elevated exp rates and higher than normal npc prices for equipment and recipes. Transferring such character data is counter productive for any live servers unless they run with same conditions/rates.

5 Likes

I dont know what MMOs you’ve played but CBT’s universally ALWAYS have a wipe, whereas OBTs do not (though for OBT it depends on the developers.)

This CBT IS getting wiped. So cool down, your entire post is based on the wrong assumption.

2 Likes

Indeed, I lost count of how many times I’ve seen it in AeriaGames.

GMs being used as cannon balls and endless alternate accounts… :expressionless:

OP, if by any chance this is what you were discussing in terms of maybe

You also need to remember CBT are wiped, unless CBT3 they want us to test 500+ without increasing rates and lowering time span for testing then no wipe will be initiated it’s happened, but before release i have yet to see a game not wipe from testing and go live with accounts from closed betas at cap level. Second of all IMC can’t say NO! we are not wiping ever, or YES! we will wipe. Without confirmation of what the next test phase will entail, this simply because, people will point the finger and say hey you told us this! and we expected this, and i deserve this!, because you said this. IMC is simply covering there bases not that the game will release with thousands of players at 200 cap level as is.

There is a stream of games being released continuesly. If you give me a couple of days i can go through the list of games i bought digitally and show you examples.

“I dont know what MMOs you’ve played”.
Exactly. youre bringing assumption while youre the one assuming.
If your response is “i never called you a liar” or similar, then why are you assuming my assumption is wrong?
If you dont like discussions forums or any sort of community isnt for you at all.
If you believe im lying, then believe so.

I like this game and only hope they can make it even more enjoyable, not sure why youre so upset and aggressive. Maybe youre the one who should calm down instead, because it seems like youre taking it extremely personally,

would most likely be abused by groups, but what if the limit was great enough for big groups of people to not be able to abuse it easily? in any case, suspicious behaviour in games have to be reported somehow so that it can be investigated so youre right, automatic bans wouldnt be nice

100 hours of gameplay … pft, filthy casual.

6 Likes

You likely mean those pre-release “early access” alpha games people can pay for on Steam.

Those games can go burn in a fire for all I care, and they hold absolutely no value in a discussion about MMOs.

Name me a recent MMO that did not wipe a Closed Beta.

5 Likes

Lol, go poop seriously men…
You’re complaining about cheat, but you didn’t give any example of what you’re complaining… Afk bot? that all?
And all data will be wiped so =/

1 Like

4 Likes

I did say recent, that one’s about 3.5 billion years old :wink:

2 Likes

Not to mention there was no Closed beta to wipe after.

Already tried, it’s p2w. :weary:

4 Likes

Calm your ■■■■ so far they have wiped after every CBT the OBT maybe different but with they way they have been proceeding i would expect a wipe at the end of that aswell.

1 Like

well they have been nerfing ‘monarchy’ feature for the last 100 years. So there that.

Is that hard to add game masters? The famous GM. Any player seeing a bot can just “report it”, then some GM sees it, travels to the place, sees the bot and… i dont know, throw some random questions. “What is 2+2?”, “Im hungry. Metal or Chocolate?”. Something random. It’s impossible for a bot to survive that.

Or an automated version therof. So long as the questions get updated occasionally it would basically shut down afk play.

If these questions occur more then once a day i would probably quit from annoyance.

It would ONLY ask to bots. If someone sees you botting, HE thinks you bot, he reports to a GM and he comes to ask the questions. Normal players like us would never get a GM doing questions