Tree of Savior Forum

0 potential velcoffer pants disappeared after upgrading it with shining golden anvil

My 0 potential velcoffer pants disappeared after upgrading it with shining golden anvil. Have anyone experienced this on other items? This is so frustrating. Is there any fix for this? I need my pants as soon as possible :frowning:

There have been a few cases where this happened and they were able to restore the items, assuming you didn’t make a mistake and anviled with a regular one. Try to send a ticket to IMC and see where it goes.

I already did. I’m just wondering if someone knows a fix here. Like verifying cache or something. I’m afraid that they will give a generic answer. :frowning:

Issue has persisted for a long time and they still haven’t fixed it…
But here, maybe you can message a staff and see where it goes.

Next time, take videos when doing anything that involves risk so it’ll be easier to show proof. You never know what else might get bugged with IMC.

1 Like

Yeah. I was actually thinking about it but then I was like “it should be good, what could go wrong”. </3

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Bob @GM_Francis

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Bob @GM_Francis
So, I got a reply on my ticket. They said that I discarded it.

I’m pretty sure I did not discarded it but maybe I’m wrong. During the time that upgraded it, it was really so laggy in Fedimian channel 2 and maybe I misclicked. Regardless, is it too much to ask to restore my velcoffer leather pants? I did not intend to discard it, I just want to upgrade it using shining golden anvil. I have been playing/supporting this game since it was released and I would greatly appreciate if you restore it please

These things happen randomly, every time I use transcend or equip ichor or golden anvil or ancient socket I record the whole process because some crazy bug happened to others and keep happening.

:disappointed_relieved:

If you really did discard it accidentally, then they won’t restore it. Some people people have had the same problem before and they all got the same replies, no matter the circumstance.

I guess I’m not lucky as this guy.

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Bob @GM_Francis @STAFF_Letitia
They did it before. Why can’t they do it now?

its possible if you got proof.
but if you don`t have solid proof like videos, just give up dude.
cause the best proof you have then is only their log,
and the log said you discarded it.

Yeah. But let’s say I accidentally discarded it because the game is so laggy when I was upgrading it. Why can’t they restore it? I don’t see any problem with it. It won’t break anything.

In fact they already did some restore before.

Check this thread:

Ok. This is me trying to upgrade my 2nd velcoffer leather pants sadly. As you can see in the video, the anvil did not appear when I tried to upgrade my pants. That thing happened to me when I tried to upgrade my first velcoffer leather pants with shining golden anvil and unfortunately lost it for no reason. I’m not sure if I should upgrade things anymore at this point. Can anyone please resolve this? @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @GM_Francis @STAFF_Letitia

Don’t lock or unlock items when they’re equipped. You see that error you got? That’s why. Ever since they made the changes to fix the enhancement lock issue, this happens sometimes. If you get that error, the lock never actually went through. This only happens if you try to (un)lock items that you have equipped.

The pants were locked the moment you started the video. You tried to unlock the pants before the video started, which caused the lock icon to disappear, but you got the error. The pants never actually unlocked, they’re just displayed as unlocked in your inventory. When you tried to anvil, the anvil never went through, because the server blocked it as the pants were still locked. You lost no anvil, no silver, and the anvil was never placed.

You tried to relock the pants, but you got the error again, putting the lock back on the pants in your inventory, but they were never unlocked to begin with. When you changed channel, the lock was there because the server retrieved the info saying the pants were locked, and they stayed locked.

This may or may not have any relation to the 0 potential velcoffer pants and the golden anvil, depending on whether or not you did the same thing. Regardless, this is the explanation for the video.

Oh well. That’s why I lock my items, to prevent things I don’t want to happen. If it’s not working properly and my pants was lost because of that, well I guess I just got the classic IMCed. Very nice game, really.

When you get an error, it usually means something is wrong. You didn’t mention any error in your post, and if this happened before with your 0 potential pants, you didn’t mention that case either. If I see an error like that when I’m touching one of my very valuable equipment, that is a giant red flag to stop and figure out what’s wrong before proceeding (at least, for me).

I agree that the situation sucks and that it’s not really something that the user should be expected to know about or worry about. I discovered this bug myself simply when trying to unlock my equipment to transfer it through team storage, and then realized why it happened (lock/unlock equipped items), and just stopped doing that. It’s even worse that this may somehow result in golden anvils destroying equipment, but that should be simple enough to test.

I will take some time to document the bug, check the code, provide technical information, and provide video examples to IMC in order for them to resolve this as soon as possible. I wish you the best of luck in getting your pants restored, and perhaps in light of them being made aware of this issue, they may be able to do something more for you.

2 Likes

I did not get the error for my first velcoffer pants but it did have the same behavior. That’s why I did not mentioned any error in my post.

Also, I already begged them on my 3 tickets about restoring my pants and they said no. So there is nothing much I can do with it. :expressionless:

I appreciate the help.

#imcgivehimhispantsback
#onetimecourtesy