Tree of Savior Forum

FPS Optimizations

Unfortunately I have persistent stuttering every second. I don’t think it is connected to character or mob loading as I’m in the starter area with next to nothing around. But alas the game is unplayable in this state, even after trying OP’s suggestions.

The best thing is to have VSync set to adaptative, because you don’t want it to be too high or too low. If it is too high you’ll suffer from screen tearing, and too low from stutters. But the biggest issue is that disabling Vsync doesn’t means it drops from 90 to 70… It actually drops from 90 to 45 (ow maybe lower), so its actually even worst than having a more constant 45~60.

The problem seems to be with receiving packets for anything other players are doing, regardless of if you can see them or not around you :(. This is worst at starting areas because there are more players in the map. There is currently no fix for this sadly. You could also try the spam filter to see if it works, I’ve edited the main description adding a link to it.

Thanks for going to that trouble. I’m running the filter but i still get stutter, should I persevere through the starter zones and hope it gets better?
I’m running Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz processor with an AMD Radeon HD 6970M g card which is around 4 years old so I’m not sure if that’d be decent enough but maybe I should look to upgrade my computer/build a new one.
That also means I’m not running Nvidia so I’m not sure how to change Vsync to adaptative, AMD catalyst control doesn’t think there are any settings it can change. Everything moves nicely when I’m in the lodge before actually zoning in.

2chars

Never mind, if you set windowed mode, it will revert your fullscreen to the pseudo-fullscreen option.

setting graphics to 16 bit was quite common in the early 2000s to boost fps, particularly in huge games (gothic 2, morrowind etc). It only really makes a difference when looking at colourfull monocoloured images ingame, i.e. backgrounds, paintings of a blue sky where it does look slightly lowfi…

For the longest time my mind was boggled as to why when switching maps the client would hang and turn white (not responding) for about 2-5 seconds. This never happened in the last betas so I decided to check Steam settings and found this was causing the problem:

http://imgur.com/vcjm6p9

If you have the same problem of your client hanging between loading screens for a couple seconds after it almost finishes uncheck this box here.

4 Likes

this game seriously need some fps optimization, i just had a mass pvp and i would have been so fun if it wasnt for the 1 fps … it was fun, imagine with good fps!

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan what’s the status on optimization? By now u surely did make some progress at this cause u must defenietly have noticed that the game becomes unplayable at times. Or do you intend to scare the F2P crowd away with this? I kinda think that’s what will happen. Well, if the bad optimization won’t scare me away then the limitations will do… Or the broken dungeons… Or the ■■■■■■ up spawn system… Or the bots… Or the gold sellers…

Well, I’ve been relaying the message. I’m still relaying the message. I’m waiting for their recognition on the problem, or communication to me at least. I’ll let you know when there’s an update from IMC.

7 Likes

So they didn’t even recognize it? Haha :smiley: that’s awesome. Oh god Julie … I feel kinda bad for u . Anyway, thx for trying to help the players.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

:smile: :heart:

1 Like

Lol really as i can see northing changes in ToS xD

Yeah Thank you alot Julie for helping :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

Hey Julie i like to hear if you can tell me what it says

I am not sure what it says my self as i cant read it xD

Hello,

Can you help to solve this problem, it seems this problem just begins to happen yesterday, and it’s not only just me that experience this problem.

So everytime i use my second character and press M to open my map outside the city, the game will lose it’s fps from 40 fps to 0.1 fps, and the game will freeze, so i must force close it. This is not happening at my first and third character.

I have played this game for 2 weeks and it never happened to me before, until yesterday.

Problem detail:

Currently I find 2 user that experience this problem, and it start to happen yesterday until now.

@Staff_Julie Thanks for the answer Julie, at least we know there is someone up there listening our prayers!

We have some computers that can run Shadow of Mordor on the highest settings here that are having problem with the FPS of the game.

I REALLY like this game, and i really want to see it having even more success, but problems like those, are not supposed to be overlooked, they need to be fixed with high priority. Even why it makes a good chunk of the content not as funny as it is supposed to be… and games are all about fun, arent they?

Sorry for pushing this thread even further, but it’s my duty as a player that cares about the game.

Kind regards,

Qflex

Leader of CasualHC

1 Like

This is a korean message.
Change your locale to korean and you should be able to ~read~ it.

OMG THANK YOU!!! I could find you hug you and buy you resse’s cups

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.