Tree of Savior Forum

Auto Attack (A2/QS3/x/x) Guide

You have Steady Aim bonus as damage x .25

I’m assuming you add this later, but shouldn’t Steady Aim be .2?

Whoops that should be Swift Step. Its the +25% crit rate bonus. Thats just a wrong label though.

1 Like

Looks solid to me. Is it OK to assume a 35 atk hair acc with +10 crit too? Well I guess it will make up for a lower tier gem. I’ll play with it a little in the copy I made.

I think your Snipe formula is off. I at least used full damage scaling of your total attack on Snipe. I think your number is only using parts of your total damage. Maybe just STR scaling part? Not sure.

If Snipe does indeed only scale STR, then that is my fault on my calculations. It just seems really low though.

I’m also unsure if the way you did flat damage is OK. I see it added in B27, but I’m not sure if it is added into the Kneeling Shot equation.

I think this probably deserves a column at the very end of each damage calc because it doesn’t scale at all in the formula and is just added at the end.

EDIT: I see the bonus added to Snipe but not to Kneeling. Think that final average is missing +B16

Depends on what price point you want to target. An attack/crit rate combo enchant would be very expensive.

Leave the enchants at one slot if you want if you don’t think its feasible to get them.

As far as I can tell, Str/Dex hybrid edges out both full str and full dex on the KS+RS damage. But the difference is really minor.

It seems to me that as long as you put points into strength or dex, your gear and gems can make up the difference between the two.

If you want more evasion, a dex oriented or full dex buiild is not going to be far behind on damage, and perhaps in some cases is going to be ahead.

1 Like

Thanks, added the flat damage to the kneeling shot averages.

1 Like

As you control the default page, I would say that most monsters seem to have 387 DEF and 87 CRIT RESIST at level 285. At least that is what I see at a cursory glance. Possible to change?

The full damage scaling is in there. The difference between my calculation and your post’s is that I’m applying the target’s defense.

The defense reduction is on the min/max base values and is set to 457 right now for a level 280 boss mob.

Defense is applied directly to your base damage before any skill modifiers.

Edit: Changed the default defense and crit res to 387 and 87. But the user should change the values to the mob they want to optimize for.

1 Like

SO, this is the kind of stuff I wanted to discuss when I opened this topic. This is probably the best discussion of the topic of STR/DEX I’ve seen on the forum/Reddit.

We had a disagreement on what is better, and we took it to math to figure it out. I pointed out in my first post that the best STR:DEX ratio was probably only discernible through a spreadsheet and I assumed it was about a 1:1.5 ratio.

Here we are, with a spread sheet in hand. You can make a copy of it and change the numbers as you wish. Ryu, being the one that has played with it the most, seems to have concluded that a 1.5 STR: 1 DEX ratio was probably near optimal.

I’ll edit the first post and give credit in the very first line to Ryu for his findings. This is so much nicer when we do science instead of discrediting people with short words and assumed opinions.

I’ll finish up the skill part of the guide and maybe high end items at the end.

EDIT: In the mean time, I suggest people comb through the sheet and make sure the math is solid and that parts of damage isn’t missing.

2 Likes

Need the +50 damage Kneeling Shot Attribute. Guessing add it to H21?

1 Like

Added, thanks again.

Hello guys, I know this is more of a mathematical post with formulas and attempts to maximize DPS. But i’d like to ask for opinions instead.

I’m currently having serious issues with my QS C3 in terms of DPS. The damage per shot (with running shot) isn’t bad, it deals about 1/3 or 1/4 the hp of a mob around my level as damage (outside dungeon, ofc), but the real issue is the attack speed…

My attack speed feels exactly the same with or without running shot, and the fact QS 3 doesn’t have any reliable AoE doesn’t help at all. In dungeons I feel pretty useless because I can only deal damage to single targets and even a swordman with 1/5 my damage can hit 5 mobs at once with auto attack and deal same DPS as me overall (without even considering his skills).

How should I proceed with this character? Am I doing something wrong? My build is almost full STR (132 at lvl 100) and my ping around 250ms. I feel my DPS is comparable to oblique shot because it hits two targets for about 1/3 my running shot damage in a single target… The cooldown on running shot makes my dps on par with oblique spam.

I’m unsure about getting archer C2 because I don’t have much DEX and I can’t imagine kneeling shot making a huge contribution to running shot auto-attack. I’ve been considering getting wugushi or fletcher instead and completely forgetting about trying to make a “machine gun” turret full of auto-attacks.

Video for more information on atk speed:

I’m using two handed bow because I can’t afford crossbow + arde dagger. But my 2h bow is a top lvl 70 bow with +3 enchance and lvl 10 weapon maintenance buff…

No matter what I do, I can’t seem to even get close to the attack speed / DPS of those players in the korean server using running shot (aka real machine guns).

Its your ping. 250 is way too high to be playing an auto attack build sadly.

You want it no more than 100, and 60 is ideal.

Refer to video at the end of my post. You should be getting around 1.8 shots/sec…which I think you are pretty close to really. It is just that both your shots hit at once instead of at a more constant rate.

250 ping is really kind of high though. Like I said in the first post…you theoretically only need to register one command every 333 ping to get 3 atks per second…though it is really best to be around 100 ping to make sure you register your commands.

Hello !

This build sounds so fun, I’m doing it right now but I’m still wondering what “real” end-game final class I should pick.

What would you guys advice to choose between and why? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am thinking of how to write that section atm. Or being lazy. Or both.

Some skills scale well with STR:

Quarrel Shooter: Stone Shot
Attack: 150% +125
Attribute Damage: 0%
[Stun] Duration: 4 seconds
Consumes 1 Stone Bullet

Sapper: Claymore
Attack: 300% + 211
Attribute Damage: 5%
AoE Attack Ratio: 5
Consumes 1 Claymore

Ranger: Steady Aim
Attack: +20%
Additional Attribute Damage: 0
Duration: 10 seconds

And last but not least, ALL Cannoneer skills, like Cannon Blast:
Attack: 300% + 2832
Attribute Damage: 0%

On the side note, crit rate is capped at 80% :smiley:

1 Like

Guys, one question, i just made my archer and will make auto attack or spamming skills, and i was thinking, if i want autoattack, best to go is archer3 and quarrel 3, but if i want spam, best is quarrel3 (running) and scout3 (split arrow)?
Thanks.