Tree of Savior Forum

Your preference on Cleric's role in a party

As a member of the party, what do you want from a Cleric? full time healer? offensive buffs? defensive buffs? a little bit of everything? Are there certain skills that you’d like your cleric member to have? Are there certain classes that you love or hate? And with the recent change to Cleric’s heal, would you rather have a c3 cleric for greater heals but no buffs or would you prefer having Priest/Krivis for buffs, revive, daino, etc. (considering only ranks 1-4) Your opinions are greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

For me doesn’t matter, as long as he do his/her job the rest is irrelevant for me, i mean, who want a cleric that can’t attack or at least heal/buff and just leech exp and loot? Its simple, when i was playing my monk even before reaching monk class, i had to heal or buff or attack, i did according with the situation, its simple as that.

I want a SPR build Priest C2 + Krivis C1 in my party.

Mass heal is a great addition to the party, and ensures that everyone can get an ‘oh crap’ heal when they need it. Blessing is a great buff for any class doing multi hits, and sacrament is a nice extra attack that also helps blessing / concentrate / steady aim. Daino is really valuable as well, and allows me to play other support classes such as a Linker C2 or a Thaumaturge. With high SPR, deprotected zone will reduce a boss’ def to 0, Zalciai will reduce their crit def to 0, and buff my party’s crit attack immensely.

Really, that’s the most important things to me. Everything else is a bonus. Priest C3 with stone skin? Cool. High SPR build optional as well. Pardoner with Increase Magic Def? Noice.

Do nothing but Heal and provide offensive buffs. Current dungeon difficulty doesn’t need any Defensive buffs besides maybe Revive on a Boss.

1 Like

Cleric C3 is rather weak (particularly weak in PvP), where players may not go C3 for that reason. Furthermore, it lacks offensive damage. They should add an offensive skill that can attack flying monsters at C3 for this reason. Maybe something in Holy Light with range for giving blind, this will be a defensive skill against Archer or Wizard as well in PvP (can be very OP if they don’t scale this right).

As for Krivis, I find C1 Krivis has better scaling in their buffs (they scale with SPR), but their C3 is weak as well and having Diano with lack of buff themselves. There is lack of incentive to go further on Krivis, unless Divine Stigma scales with SPR, and an upgrade for the C3.

It would be C3 Cleric vs C2 Priest (with potential to C3) for the Rank 1 - 3 with Dievdirby out of the league. Bokor can be a preference, but not as a party support.

I believe in low level, Priest C2 would be better than C3, but Priest skills do not scale:
Aspersion damage doe not scale, but it gives a flat % on defense
Monstrance does not scale, level 1 is enough
Blessing does not scale, they should include SPR or % based on MAttk
Resurrection is the only one, but very situational
Sacrament does not scale, they should have holy damage bonus based on SPR for scaling
Revive is the only one, but very situational
Mass Heal would be equivalent to the Heal level increase

In this case, you are basically compare Divine Might + increase in Safety Zone and Resurrection + Revive. However, C3 Priest would be a good pickup for Stone Skin (and Exorcise if they fix it, as I am doing 0 damage on a SPR Priest, ridiculous).

Considering until Rank 4, then I will choose Cleric C1 Krivis C1 Priest C2. As for the heal’s amount, I think it’s fine as it will increase when having more magic damage (from equips or INT).
Need Krivis’s Daino to increase max number of buffs and Zalciai. Priest C2 already has 5 non-stop buffs (Aspersion, Monstrance, Blessing, Sacrament, Revive) so Krivis’s Daino is needed.

Mass Heal is used for emergency situation or healing the tanker when mobbing. I prefer offensive buffs to defensive ones (for fast kill).

What I expect from Cleric class When I play non-Cleric class

First priority, he/she should able to keep everybody HP in check.
Second, any buff that available at that time. Prioritize on defensive first. (Put some safety in heavy dest zone like in prison grind, non-wiz3 elementalist loves that)

You need to do what I can’t do that is healing. You don’t need to excel in DPS because that is my duty but if you see some opening opportunities to add some DPS without hinder Healing depart that would be great. Don’t forget two rule above then I am happy.

Any of the cleric class is welcome. Drop pink tiles on the floor. Buff/debuff if you would like to. Dont really care what you do in between. Its annoying enough waiting almost hours for healer to run dungeon most of the time. Healing scroll when?

I tank dungeon most of the time, well timed heal and safety zone is really appreciated. I see a lot of cleric don’t put up safety zone.

as hoplite based tank+dps i want to see krivis c1 + priest c3 with maxed buffs/debuffs and some heal from time to time, zero dps and friendly chatting (except bosses =)).

Because people move around, and they simply don’t see Safety Zone for some reason.
Casted it, told them Safety Zone, they ignored it.

Also, you are asking a Cleric to go inside the battle field. Most tanks told me not to stay behind them, as monsters can hit through it, but there is not a lot of place to stand or put up a Safety Zone. Safety Zone seems to be cast for Wizard (if they know what it is).

And another problem with Safety Zone is, once it expires, it gives a false mindset that it is still safe. Particularly in front of the boss, where you cannot see the tile. More than often when 4 of my party went into it, then a boss skill hits through, and I am scramble for heals.

Should be fine if as long as u dont stand between tank and the mobs. I’ve seen a few good clerics put down safety zone as soon as i bunker down with active guard.

Safety zone allows me to dps with stabbing or cyclone while tanking. Very useful for annoying boss fight like necroventer which deals tons of damage and knockbacks u.

The only time i move around is when tanking magic mobs, its better just to kite them while waiting for your allies to cc them (Cryo or linker).
Safety zone effect is quite obvious i think? the green sphere thingy. Once u dont see it better dodge then.

Being able to keep the party alive is good enough for me.