Tree of Savior Forum

Yes Again - Chaplain-PD2 - SPR or INT?

If you are Priest, you have to go SPR.
If you want to go INT, don’t take Priest.

If you are going Priest SPR, you have to go Cleric 2 for increase Blessing.

SPR with Chaplain is the best option, no only have the plague Vapor to fight…

Yes, a support build can make a good Damage…

Can you explain to my why? There is any atribute on cleric that upgrade the Blessing?

They just mean for Divine might to boost your blessing by one rank. While it isn’t a requirement it certainly helps.

Thanks for the info.

And if we look ahead of us we can see the naturally occurring forum posters who don’t know what they’re talking about and shouldn’t be giving advice.

Rare for such an occasion, you can see a flock of four such idiots repeating the same gibberish. (@Planeptune, @Bipolarthur, @Rehail and @kitsuneesp.)

@kazamatenkai:

Sarcasm and public shaming aside, ignore the idiots listed above till they learned that advice requires one to fairly look at both situations and ignore your own preferences.

Don’t get me wrong, Spr chaplain is a fine build. But the same is true for the Int chaplain variants.

Though I do agree with the don’t mix spr & int for now. It can be done in theory, but skill point spending differs quite a bit for int and spr builds. Trying to combine them is like getting the worst of both builds in my opinion.

In terms of dmg I did a rough comparison a while ago that should shed some light on spr vs int: An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

But dmg wise and viability wise both builds are more than fine options.
I’d say it depends more on what you want out of the build, do you want a team focus or solo focus? Do you want to constantly recast blessing or focus more on your dmg skills? Passive or active play style?

I’ll try listing the pro’s and cons to get the message acrros:

[Spr Chaplain] benefits:

• Bonus dmg bypasses defenses, so you will always have a decent chunk of flat added dmg and don’t need to worry about resistances, defense and elements as much.
  • That also means it doesn’t need a need a high-end weapon as urgently. (Though on a pd2 chap build you’ll still want one)
  • Has a far easier time leveling.
  • Tends to add more dmg when in a party. (Assuming there are no other spr priests or people using pardoner buffs 24/7.)
  • Has a slightly more passive playstyle, as just casting your buffs and bds will already do plenty of dmg.

[Spr Chaplain] downsides:

• Some teammates won’t benefit of your spr buffs if they use pardoner buffs already. Though for most builds it should run out of hits fairly quickly. (But some int/aoe builds can make it last entire runs.)
  • Doesn’t have enough skill points to grab everything you want out of priest3. You’ll need to sacrifice dmg or mass heal/revive skill levels to some degree.
  • Bonus dmg is never affected by multipliers/added skill factors like the bds + incin combo (x1.2 incin dmg) or the agny necklace. (+50% incin skill factor iirc).
  • Has less base matk and thus has to deal with slightly higher def dmg reductions.
  • Requires more buffs and time to deal its damage. Blessing, Sacrament and last rites should always be kept up. Aspergillum should be kept up when auto attacking.

[Int Chaplain] benefits:

• Deals more dmg when solo vs non fire/poison resistant enemies.
  • It has almost no skill point issue with priest3, which means it can grab most of the dmg and a high revive/mass heal.
  • Requires far less upkeep as it only needs aspergillum up when auto attacking. And thus also has a lower buff count.
  • Benefits more off the agny and incin dmg bonus for Incineration, as it affects your matk/skill factor.
  • Can buy pardoner buffs to get the best of both worlds, for a short period of time anyway.

[Int Chaplain] downsides:

• Needs a high matk asap to be able to punch through enemy mdef more effectively.
  • That does mean you should aim for a practonium weapon or better, which are fairly expensive.
  • It doesn’t perform as well in a team dmg wise, though it is still really good.
  • It is a more active playstyle as you need to ensure you’re hitting enemies with your aoe’s and debuffs constantly to deal damage.
  • You won’t deal majority of your dmg till you get a nice 315 weapon. Enemy def scaling is kind of out of wack imo.

Pick whatever you like the most, as usual.

woah, sorry about that. I only said so since OP wanted the auto-attack build and was referring about the build he/she mostly seen in game which was cleric>priest3>chaplain>cleric2>pd2 (which is apparently my build right now, and i actually even seek some advice from you via private message), i didn’t mean any harm or what about what i just said. And being SPR build for a person who wants to do auto-attacking and going for an already Priest build (for which i’ve said if the Op was already heading towards priest class). Sorry if it looks like an “idiot” advice for you though. I meant no harm. And I’m fully aware that i’m not knowledgeable enough compared to you and the common forum people in here. Sorry about that. :disappointed:

And the winner of idiotic post is… @Wurmheart CONGRATULATION!

First of all: SPR Chaplain is the best build right now.

Who is using Pardoner buffs (I mean Blessing where is a Priest/Chapl, should unistall the game)
When you are in a dungeon you must tell how many Blessing you do.
And yes, maybe someone keep the Blessing but they can’t keep it all the time of dungeon, so…
First point abolished.

The build from INT or SPR is the same.
15: Aspersion (for Aspergillum dmg)
1: Monstrance (always usefull)
15: Blessing
5: Resurrection (you keep have this at lv1? lol)
1: Sacrament (you can buy the better one from a Pardoner, but when you’re farming you need it)
5: Mass Heal (well, is enough at lv5 since isn’t the main healing skill)
3: Exorcise (you have to use Magnus Exorcismus, you know…?)

Stone Skin: now is completely useless, just a waste of point.
Revive: tell me now who die in those new changes… who?

Second point abolished.

Yeah, use always Black Death Steam and Incinerate and when they are in CD let’s sit and wait 38 secs because you can’t attack since your Blessing sucks (if you’re not SPR).
And who keeps the Agni necklace with a SPR build? Incinerate burns for at least 10 secs. You do +50% fire property dmg in 10 secs! Surely worth it!
Third point abolished.

Well, if you keep the lv170 mace OFC you don’t have matk.
You must change your weapon ASAP like… uhm… let me se… Vienarazis Mace or Skull Smasher until Solmiki Mace since they give you a lot of Matk.
Yes, for a Chaplain is better going with Maces instead of Rods (Windia Rod), but is on your preferences.

Fourth point abolished.

And where is the problem? If you don’t want a class who needs buffs, then change it. Chaplain works in this way.

Really, I met a INT Chapl, and guess what he have done? Nothing.
5 at boss doing less dmg than my 2 chapl (Plague Chapl, Inqui Chapl) all full SPR.
Me 1st, he 5.
Even with my blessing +2k up.

Since… for do a lot of dmg now you must have: a good weapon with Trascendence and Attributes…
Uhm… It’s not like before: buy attributes, equip Five Hammer and kaboom!

Do you really still put points in Revive and high Mass heal? REALLY DO YOU?
Tell me when and where you die now.
If you die in ET and Solmiki tower, unistall.
And even if you die in ET and Solmiki tower, the Priest who has Revive at 5 will ress you in few secs, and the Chrono do pass.
Are you going in ET and Solmiki without Chrono? Ok…[quote=“Wurmheart, post:9, topic:363727”]
Requires far less upkeep as it only needs aspergillum up when auto attacking. And thus also has a lower buff count.
[/quote]

And you do about 90% less dmg compared to a SPR build in Autoattacks. Ok.
SPR build can do more tha 10k in autoattack. You count only Aspergillum who don’t have INT in his formula… amazing really amazing

Yes, but only for Incinerate secs, we’re talking about… uhm… 10, max 13 secs? Depends on how many debuff has the enemy, but never was an Incinerate more than 15 secs.
You will be an hero for onlu 15 secs! Amazing.

Isn’t a properly farmer build. Since after the Blessing is gone and other buffs will say:“bye, have a great time!”, Yeah, go back every 60minutes (while you’re farming) is a nice idea! Really a good benefits!

At this point I’m tired to quote everything.

TD:RL SPR Chaplain is a must have since:

• you are usefull at yourself
  • you are usefull at your party members
  • INFINITE MANA
  • you can farm alone for the eternity! (until the weap broke)
  • with almost 2k of Blessing and a lot of Matk, and maybe with 2 Sissel, so when you miss you gain Attack Speed: you are a monster.
  • most of the skills of Priest take SPR: Aspersion, Sacrament, Blessing, Mass Heal.
  • Skill who take INT: … far west hay ball… Mass Heal!

I told you, I’ve met a player how kept saying during dungoen:"I’m alternative!!!1111"
He’s utility? … … … … … I’m still thinking… … … … …

So yeah, let’s call us a flock of four such idiots since at least we give the best option for a SPR Priest 3 - Chapl - PD2 build.
And if you’re asking me: yes, Priest3-Chapl-PD2 is my main, and yes, I’m playing this build since 1 year (release of the game) and no, I’m not the one who changed during the event, and yes, I’ve tested the INT Chapl after patch.

I know what I’m talking.

TD;RL: SPR > INT for several reasons.

2 Likes

hahahaha

u’ll become idiot when advice an only viable choice

Transmit Prana allows for a pardoner to achieve more spr for its buffs which allows it to compete quite nicely.
I’ve already seen +2.5k pardoner blessings, good stuff.

And I don’t expect every chap to have a +1 blessing gem to boot or to constantly keep a group of randoms that walk in different directions buffed up with blessing 24/7.

Why on earth would you spend 15 points in blessing for a +500 dmg, that is useless when you use pardoner buffs or when another priest joins?

Same with sacrament, you don’t have a reason to grab it at lvl 1 unless you have spr. +double digit holy dmg and a buff slot isn’t worth it.

And you might want to keep exorcise at a higher level to boot, it deals quite good dmg and its debuff count equals skills level.

Meaning int can grab a high lvl mass heal,

Agny’s +120 fire property attack affects every hit though and is far from useless on an spr build.
The other alternatives are max peta and the hetran badge spr neclaces. In a full group they tend to be better, but also more expensive.

None of that counters the fact that 5k matk has to deal with a slightly higher def reduction than 6k matk does.

It’s not a problem at all.
But a chaplain doesn’t need to spam blessing 24/7, you just assumed it has to.
And they’re both different playstyles. buff heavy vs buff light.

And a single piece of anecdotal evidence is worthless.
How would you feel if I saw a single crappy spr chap and declared them all to be junk?

And I’m not saying either build lacks dmg to the point of an inability to kill.

I am saying out of the two builds int deals more dmg on its own vs non fire/poison resistant enemies.

Learn to read.[quote=“Rehail, post:11, topic:363727”]
Do you really still put points in Revive and high Mass heal? REALLY DO YOU?
[/quote]

Yep.
More points into mass heal allows me to use heal for dmg.
Revive is a bit unneeded at that point, but I’d rather have a 10s invuln over a +350 dmg or crappy blessing. (or w/e 10 points gets you on a int build.)

Actually, auto atk dmg is quite close because int’s matk is affected by aspergillum’s skill factor. but spr builds should deal more dmg if they max aspergillum as well.
Though that depends on how you allocate skill points, from what I saw most spr builds don’t choose 15 aspergillum/15 blessing to begin with.
And with a higher aspergillim int should win out.

Forgive me for wanting to mention the +50% skill factor and 1.2 multiplier to ensure that I am thorough.
The point is that Bonus dmg doesn’t benefit off these minor bonuses, whereas magic attack does.

And they may play a larger role at pd3, or not.

You’ve shown nothing but a lack of understanding so far, so forgive me if I doubt you on that.

I don’t care what your experience is either, it doesn’t make you immune to mistakes.

And it’s fine if you prefer the spr chaplain build, plenty of people do for good reasons.
But that’s simply not the same as saying int chap is worthless or outright inferior.

Not really since your aspergilllium would be better.

You were in the same party? And the INT chap did less than you with your buffs? Wouldn’t that be more of a case of his class choices or his gear/attributes being worse than INT vs SPR?

Use pass to ressurrect or to reduce CD on damage skills? * Shrug *

I think Sissel’s frenzy buff is an old buff not the barbarian one. Max SPR Aspersion offers what? 200-300 def? Is that an argument when pardoner buffs and transcendence exist? Your argument for level 1 sacrament was pardoner buffs are better so SPR Sacrament is moot. Mass heal also scales with INT.[quote=“Rehail, post:11, topic:363727”]
far west hay ball
[/quote]

What? Wait I digress, imo YES SPR Chaplain is good. But to say it’s the only viable option isn’t right either.

Some have gone past 3k blessing last I saw.

As I’ve said, even in dungeon, you can use Blessing for a short time.
Then what do you do? You will become slow. Good for you if you want to do a slow dungeon instead a faster one.

Same question about same Plague Doctor…

If there is another Chaplain SPR you let him buff, if there isn’t you buff.
Are you ignore still 500 Blessing? Honestly me no.
And for what? Heal better when Heal from Cleric2 is enough? Please…
Don’t tell me in this build you don’t need Cleric 2 because you do better to unistall the game.[quote=“Wurmheart, post:13, topic:363727”]
Same with sacrament, you don’t have a reason to grab it at lvl 1 unless you have spr. +double digit holy dmg and a buff slot isn’t worth it.
[/quote]

Sacrament, like Last Rites, like Crafrisun, like Manahas, is a must have for a Chaplain, before the combat changes and after combat changes, INT and SPR build were (are) the same!
So are you telling me to give up 500 dmg from: Last rites + Sacrament (+eventually Cafrisun/Manahas).

Exorcise good dmg?
You need it only for Magnus Exorcismus!
So Lv3 is good enough since at lv3 you can hit 3 mob before disappearing and at lv5 you can hit 5 mobs.
This is the only difference.

The fact is: SPR is about 2k dmg in EVERYTHING.
In autoattack I’m doing about… uhm… 12k atm.

After I’ve read this, now all people will hate you from the bottom of their heart.

Since when I’m in anykind of party and we’re cleaning everything, and I do a nice dmg on bosses…
I still know what I’m talking.
And for this reason I’m immune to mistakes.

Yes, we were in same party. This is the funniest thing.
He was 5th and me 1st, in 290 dung.
He said:"I’m alternative! I do a lot of dmg!"
Ok…

You know… A good Chrono do Pass when he have it and to coordinate with the rest of party.
Now only for Resurrect, do you ever done any ET/Solmiki?

Don’t you like 200-300 def? In ET and Solmiki you love it so much.

And you have to read well, I’ve said:

Going Priest3-Chapl-PD2 isn’t a good build since if you want to go INT you have to choose a different (better) build.
And Priest take more benefits from SPR.

INT Chap was an old build and a viable one.
But now you don’t use properly this build since you have: Aspergillum, Black Death Steam and Incinerate.
When Black Death Steam is in cd (38 secs) what will you do? Autoattack with only Aspergillum?

Are you really talking about to only buy pardoner buffs? When does it end what do you do? Looking stars?

And the OP was talking about

Do you really want to suggest a INT autoattack Chap build?

I guess I’m not wrong here, but you.
You’re doing a bad shape.

I’m well aware of what a good chrono does, however your statements,

Would seem that you’d assume a good chrono would use pass for just getting resurrection off CD and that Black Death Steam hasn’t even been used beforehand.

And tbf full INT Aspergillium is a couple K stronger.

No, where did you get that idea? But if we’re gonna go down this line of boring reasoning, the same thing that happens when you forget to restock your priest consumables.[quote=“Rehail, post:15, topic:363727”]
Don’t you like 200-300 def? In ET and Solmiki you love it so much.
[/quote]

Meh.

…I don’t get it.
@kazamatenkai has said that they like the auto attack damage. That could mean almost anything from partying with a Full SPR Chap to with Pardoner buffs to as a chaplain.

They’ve asked about INT/SPR and the damage of plague doctor.
@Wurmheart has basically been saying that PD damage is better with full INT among other things. (Calling others idiots out for having a certain viewpoint is idiotic mind you)
@Rehail, you have basically said: LOL. Full INT Chaplain should uninstall. Who cares about Plague doctor damage? Chaplain is all you need.

That about right?

Absolutely no.
A smart guy, have understood what I’ve wrote.

You’re writing:“buy buff pardoner” - “pardoner buff are better” gnegne.
I no need Blessing since I can use pardoner buffs!
This makes it clear that you need a babysitter to buff you all the time.

I never told INT Chapl have to unistall.
If you are using dmg with Heal (the worst thing in this game) when your party need it, or player who don’t remove blessing to receive the full SPR ones, the one who keep die in Solmiki should unistall, since you really don’t need Revive and high Mass Heal.

The OP ask about the difference.
But, really, if you are going Priest 3 you have to go SPR since, as I’ve said: Aspersion, Sacrament, Blessing, Mass Heal have SPR scaling in the forumla. It’s about to maximize the class.
And INT scaling only with Mass Heal.
That’s why SPR Priest is better than INT.

Yeah, Aspergillum scales with what you want, but you can’t deny that a SPR build is really strong with Vienarazis Mace or Skull Smasher until Solmiki Mace since they give you a lot of Matk.

Do you really read what I wrote or are you read what is the best for your argument?

I’m sorry, but SPR Chapl is better than INT one.

I’ve explained it.
You want to do damage with PD2? Then don’t take Priest3-Chapl since other Classes are better than these.

I can clear the 290 dungeon solo on both my sadhu druid and sadhu pd builds before blessing runs out.
It can last really long for some builds, just not for auto attacking ones.

Read the first post, he’s thinking of ditching cleric2 and you are recommending a build with only an lvl 5 mass heal and NO REVIVE.

And I am stating that getting both heal and mass heal allows me to use heal for its dmg more often.
I never said I wouldn’t need heal.

can be gotten from a pardoner that lasts for an hour and adds way more dmg then an int build’s sacrament does.
Both builds grab last rites anyway.
Manahas is an option for int, but not that important.[quote="Rehail,

Lvl 5 has a higher skill factor and applies up to 5 debuffs.
ME only uses the tile of exorcise, and as such costs 1 hit but doesn’t affect the ongoing dmg of exorcise being dealt by the debuffs.

It’s also quite easy to be surrounded by 3 enemies and have ME fail before it even casts. lvl 5 is usually advised to minimise that risk.

And it’s dmg isn’t amazing, but exorcise is not remotely bad either.

A: Try reading first.
I’m talking about the def formula. The lower your atk:def ratio the higher the dmg reduction.
It means that your 12k dmg is increased because you will have a higher matk:mdef ratio and you will add more dmg from the matk off int.

Or so you assume, perhaps they might like it If I turn optional healing into dmg while they’re safe under a 10s invuln revive.
Not that I’d use it everywhere, I can turn the attribute on or off when I’d want/need it.

Yes, for easier content definitely.
If it’s slightly tougher content I’ll buy a sacrament+blessing off a pardoner and cast my own last rites. Assuming I’m not in a team with buff count issues.

I might reserve from auto attacks if reserving blessing for bds+incin with temp blessing is faster at clearing a dungeon. But it shouldn’t be too much of a difference since aspergillum is pretty strong.

Then you should have no issue explaining why that is the case.
I’ve already dismantled just about every notion you’ve posted and repeatedly proven the contrary so I’d say that’s quite unlikely.

@valkren9

I’m literally saying both int and spr chaplains are really good. One does outdmg the other in certain scenario’s but not the point of either build being obsolete.

And I’m not calling them idiots for having a specific viewpoint.
I’m calling them idiots because they posted some very misleading advice that made it sound as if Int chaplain is worthless.

Especially when I’ve already explained the pro’s and cons of these two builds several times now in quite a decent amount of detail.

I’m calling them idiots because they posted some very misleading advice that made it sound as if Int chaplain is worthless.

I didn’t said anything about that though, and still. :sweat: But whatever though. You’re the more knowledgeable one and i was just trying to help the OP for what little knowledge that i know. (That i have actually asked for some advice from you) But yeah, lesson learned for me not to do what the more knowledgeable and veteran people are doing in this forum. My bad for trying to help a little.

Wait, I thought aspersion no longer scales off SPR?

As in the formula, Aspersion (Physical Defense) scales with SPR.

To conclude: I’m really tired to explain.
You love INT Chapl? Good DO IT. But don’t advice people on your own guts.
Advice people of what is more usefull to them and to the party.
Yes, INT who don’t buff the party is useless compared an SPR one who is for ourself and for party.

And, as I’ve said: I encountered a INT Chapl, and even with my 2k of Blessing he sucks a lot compared me who went only autoattack.
And my equip is all SPR ones, even the weapon (I don’t have the Practo one).

going int chaplain is pointless

just go sadhu pd single astral explosion outdamage that stupid aspergillum swing

if u need that stupid res, priest1 is enough

if u said that u can get buff from other spr priest, u won’t need revive and mass heal any way, other priest can do this job

@Wurmheart Thanks for the infos.
I still dont had time to analise all each one of you wrotte, but I made my mind seeing your posts.

• First of all, just for note, I’m a solo player, I think on myself, I dont want to make something only because of others, (one reason why I dont took Cleric 2 for example). When people say to me: You need to do that, or you will be useless for your party, I just tend to ignore. That dont mean I dont want to help people, but I dont accept be oblied to use something only because it will benefit others.
  • Yes, I’m tired of people saying: “You just need to do that, or dont make this character”, and they don’t even bother to tell why, most part of them, just a bunch of Parrots. People who say: “Just do that or you is a idiot”. I’m tired of that.
  • Yes, BuffsShop are much more usefull than player Skill sometimes. I dont need the most epic skill of the same type of the buff shop just for pride. If it last 1 hour is pretty good enogh to be renovable without cause problems. The problem are the skills that can influenciate in my damage. Another problem of BuffShopp is that Blessing is extremely limited.

So, I decided to go full SPR (maybe put some con, I will decide later), because the whole point of me making a Chaplain was the disapointment of what happens to me and the whole party after blessing of buff shops end, this make us very inefficient than before. (The archers are the ones who blessing from buff shop last less,).

Another point is that I really like Auto-attack as I mentioned, and since the Damage of PD will be equivalent with buffs, its better to invest in SPR. At least before the very end-game content, after max-level and good equipments.

So thank you very much for your help. It really helped me a lot.