Tree of Savior Forum

Ye olde Barb vs High > Doppel3

Yeah you rarely auto attack when you get to higher levels, but on R7, there’s still very small room for auto attacks enough to charge frenzy.

R8, I don’t really see it.

Any recommendations on what I’d use the 10 points on?

I’ll still go with frenzy, there isn’t really anything better + sometimes it’s actually better to charge it than using seism (on bosses, for example)

seism’s main use is for stunning, helm chopper damage is really bad later on specially against leather you probably won’t use it.

maybe something like this

Nah… it just Cri resist.

If you explored more. you’ll find some mobs that got like Pain barrier with 100% critical resistance and some Iron skin with deflect all your melee dmg.

What he said. Frenzy is not something you use that often in higher levels due to the fact that you don’t auto attack at all for your damage. However there are instances where you can stack it up to 10 really fast, especially with a chrono in your party and there is a trick you can do with DoV lvl 15 to further increase your attack speed.

Frenzy is good to take. You don’t really have much else to choose. It also scales with STR now (very little). It also gets multiplied by DoV itself. The two buffs compliment each other.

If you want to max one damage skill in the Barbarian tree I recommend Cleave as you will never stop using it. The rest, you might just stop using completely once you have your whole Doppel C3 skills unlocked because basic rotation won’t have room for a Seism, Helm Chopper or anything else since once your Doppel damage skills are on CD you’ll be using Pounce and once it is done, you go back to Doppel skills.

tl;dr - take both Frenzy and Warcry - they are the 2nd reasons you take Barbarian at all (main reason is Cleave) over Highlander

1 Like

Also, for pve DoV and Cyclone is a must max, that leaves me with somewhat limited points. What do you suggest I use those 15 points on?

6 Zucken,
6 Redel and
6 Zornhau,

Buy the attributes at C3 and reset to keep them.

Then allocate like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112666999.2355.11253544.5a6a8591a1bf.1f31415f61718195a5

Or leave the other new Doppel C3 skills at 1 and put points into whatever.

If the attribute glitch is fixed, I suggest this in the future:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112666999.2355.11253544.5a6a8591a1bf.1f5f61768691a1

Extra, edit, this is how I’d allocate a Highlander build

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112226.2355.11243f4351657a8195

between the both of them, i would pick high3-barb1 all day every time, at r8 you still use cartar, crosscut+skylinear and skull swing, crown is great but sadly if you’re not full str it wouldn’t reduced magic dmg to 1 (i used to have 600+str and crown make magic bosses easy but with dex oriented build i could only manage to reduce 1k of dmg that’s still a lot) while barb3 at r8 only would give you warcry that’s actually pretty good, frenzy is not that good, still with dov15 can be easily chargable, pouncing is great too but the cd is too high, for example “the boss” is a normal mob with over 1,2k pdef that make my dmg pretty low until skull swings come around making it pretty future proff since it makes my dmg skyrocket, for instance koreans pick high2-barb2 solely for crosscut-skylinear +frenzy-warcry, still i wouldn’t pick high2 without being high3 or barb2 without being barb3, but for example i don’t really like pouncing despite giving a lot of dmg but hits are not as fast, can be interrupted and has a freaking cd, in pvp is great, but for pve with doppel if you can’t delete a big lump of mobs with your cyclone then reconsider your gear and stats, but at the end of the day is a matter of preferences, imo still high3 trumps over barb3 as a single target Damage Dealer since the high pdef mobs have.

the main problem with taking highlander c3 imo is that you are relying on rank 2-4 skills to make damage where as with barbarian you are buffing your very strong rank 7+ skills.
Not saying that high 3 is bad, but has different purposes.
I wouldn’t say 1 is better than the other, it really is a matter of preference. The warcry buff seem more appealing
if i were to make a doppel, it would be barb 3.
That’s all i can say, i did play both high 3 and barb 3 but that was before they buffed the class so i’m not sure how up to date i am
i guess ill just focus on cataphracts :slight_smile:

is it worth maxing seism instead of frenzy? Don’t really like the AA stack thing anyway :confused:

same question , is seism worth leveling ?

For a dopp3 specifically coming from Barb3 most of your skills will have longer cooldown so some Frenzied AA will still provide some dps together with notable rising PA if used with DOV, Frenzy can be stacked faster too since DOV gives some aspd per its own stack.

Seism imo turns into a aoe disable(stun) instead of a damage killing skill later in the game due to poor dmg/lvl scaling.

Is Skull Swing’s CD different than what the simulator shows? im unsure how updated it is, but 40seconds does sound like a long time.

What about hi2 barb2? best of both worlds - get the slash bonus from barb and still retain the utility block and crown from hilander as well as the dps skills.

got warcry/frenzy but not really good since good attribute of its come from rank3 and no pouncing which is the only real dmg from barb

no high3 = no armor skull swing/Vertical so lack of rotation [High3 is mainly for skull swing and lv15 skyliner anyway]

well you will have to choose between 2 build if you go the middle way the potential of each build just lose alot

curious: we know DOV increases the amount of hits of cyclone, because of the increased attack speed.
Does DOV also increase the # of hits from pouncing?

Sorry for necroing but how do you think a sw3- highlander- barb- and doppel 3 fare?

I need the insights of doppel experts about this. Thanks :slight_smile:

sw3 is for pvp and doppel dont really have what it takes to pvp. normally ppl will go sw3-pel-cosair-doppel3