Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Highest Damage

I think having a point lethargy and a few points in sleep would b better, seeing as lethargy can double earthquake damage and sleep gives magic missile extra shoots , useful for kiling normal monsters , but not very much for bosses

How would you distribute your stats? I’m currently level 32 and I have massive sp problems, INT is currently at 33 and SPR is around 30. Should I keep investing in spr or maybe even reset my stats, go full spr and add a little int and con later?

Just as a pointer.
You will have trouble to level withotu a party.

Without any good AoE or dps skills, wizz 2c is really not nice xD.

SPR is normal. The highe rthe skills the more sp they use.
Some skills scale well.

Like Flame Wall or Flame Ground or Flare.
As they’re hit based on x.

After using a ground flame for 160 sp. I got an AoE field which does dps for 21 seconds. Each tick = my magic atk.
Flame wall does x atks per tile. Which is based on your magic atk too.

And in fact. I kept energy bolt at 1. So that i have something to spam, when i am in a party and i dont need to run for my dear life when i mob in a dungeon.

Skills like Energy bolt scale badly with sp. They scale better with your magic atk.
Your main source of magic atk is your weapon! At least at lower levels~ (GO UPGRADE IT to+5, better get a weapon that’s nice. The staff for level 1 with +5int + 1 aoe ratio. Can be upped to level 10 for about 20k silver if your lucky. 80 Magic dps~)

I would advise you to go either half int half spr. Or 1 int and 2 spr.
I did 2 int 1 spr and i’m not so happy about my SPR pool. Even while preserving it.
An single flameground, if i need to spam it somewhere and cant sit down. Costs as much sp as a small sp potion …
Can kill mutliple batches of enemys if enough are dragged and lured into it.
But heck … it’s costly xD.

I would suggest to look at your skills sp usage. The dps they do. And then you should either decide which skills are worth in a situation. And which should be used when sp is overflowing.

1 Like

You cannot freeze bosses no? They can get burn but they cant get frozen right?

Still not sure what to make xD

Think ill do WIZ-WIZ-LINKER-ELE-ELE-ELE

Why Wiz Wiz Linker? Seems like a waste to me, since having 2 ranks in wiz doesnt provide any benefits. The only advantage in going for wiz is getting quick cast with its passive. Surespell isn’t good enough to waste a rank and the other spells from wiz are also neglectable. And having 1 rank in linker is OK, but you won’t benefit much from this either.

The thing is: Are you going to play solo only or are you willing to party with some other people? If you do party with others, you can go for maximum damage and leave the linker job to someone else.

Then I should go wiz wiz wiz ele ele ele right?

I will like to also add cyromancer has a passive that increase dmg done to frozen targets by 50% which stacks with elementalist electrocute passive (stacking up to 150% bonus damage). cyromancer spells also offer a more reliable freeze out side hail. you dont have sure cast but with more reliable freezes you can still get meteor out (frozen creatures can’t say no after all). :stuck_out_tongue:

also it will be nice if someone confirm whether bosses can be frozen. cause if you cannot freeze bosses, you will not be able to utilize the dmg bonus from electrocute. i also wonder if petrify targets take extra damage from fire (like RO’s Stone Curse+Double Cast Fire Bolt).

As far as I know bosses can’t be frozen. Most spells which immobilize enemies do not work on bosses, since you could create a party of lets say 4 wizard characters which cast sleep or freeze nonstop, making it to easy to kill a boss.

Also dont forget that wizard rank 3 quick cast gives you +50% magic damage and lets you cast spells like meteor much faster. And this bonus damage scales with ALL spells you have (including meteor), while the freeze only works for electrocute and ONLY if you can actually freeze the enemy. So I think quick cast is much more reliable for elementalist then some low level cryo spells. Here is my overworked build btw.:smile:

Personally, I think that Wiz, Cryo, Cryo, Ele, Ele, Ele would be a bit better for a nuking class because the cryo wall has aoe damage

I did wizard c3. Was still easier than my cleric C3 xD

xD

I took cleric, krivis, priest.

Free dex, crit atk and 100% crit chance against bosses with krivis and priest skills.

-Def skill on boss.
-cri resits skill on boss.
+crit atk skill on me
+dex (1,3 my dex+10) on me
+some crit atk from weapon gems and glvoe gems.

I do 250 crit atk at level 43.
Got like 170 dps, which crits then for 510 max.
And enemys get -40~60 def reducction.

I auto atk them to death and my pet crits 100% of the time too now.

It will be a hard ride to farm to monk level. Sadly i wont do this in icbt2. Not worth xD.

Is fade nice?
I tought about going cleric 3 just for fade… would make your high dps chars in a party, not aggro bosses hardcore.
When the tanky class fails to keep aggro.
Only tested out how much ds i could do.

Fade is terrible because boss regens while your hidden. Good for killing normal mobs though.

Hmm but for a party?

What if only the tanker isnt attributed with fate.
Just your dps dealers?

Wil the boss still act like that?

This information is incorrect. Energy Bolt, Earthquake, Flame Ground, Firewall, Fireball and Fire Pillar all have set damage amounts based on their Level.

I have a note of the damage each does with varying stat setups (No Stats, Full INT, Full SPR, or balanced INT/SPR builds) The damage on all of them do not change. I will have to attach it once I am off work and get home to get access to the numbers. I should mention that this is not factoring in the Attribute for Fireball that applies a dot to targets and the damage of that dot is based on your INT.

Full INT or Blended builds are purely based on play styles and scaling.

Full INT is amazing late game (Level 100+) because further specs have INT coefficients as well as the linear scaling of Magic Attack (your normal attack). (Necro/Sorc summons have scaling based on INT or INT/SPR mostly Summons)

Lower Level SPR builds are mainly to compensate for lacking SP pools and the drain on SP from spamming abilities. Anyone that continues a Full SPR build into late game will have a lower damage output than Full INT builds because of the loss/lower Magic Attack.

1 Like

Read… then write.

set damage yes.
But they still scale better with higher levels.

Duration+.
Hits+

Will make a huge difference.

A fireball level 15 hits WAY more often then fireball 1.
1 point in int will change the damage just shyly, in comprasion to 1 hit more.

Even late game skills which deal 1 large hit on something, suck in comparision to a 15 times hitting fireball xD.
And int really isnt influncing matk alot, specially given that magic amplifiation does more.

I was referring to this.

EACH TICK is SET by the LEVEL of the ability NOT your Magic Attack (which is based on your INT + Weapon) as you so readily spoke about in the above quote.

Dooo.

That can’t be right.

The tick of the damage is clearly influenced by matk.
And matk is based on Level+Int+Weapon+Gem’s.

End damage is that +skill *1,x attribute factor.

I do more flame ground damage with an good weapon, then without it, Just tested it a minute ago.

Read this.