Tree of Savior Forum

Why is SP recovery so slow?

SP recovery is extremely slow… I’m not spamming skills, and I’ve seen other people struggle with this too. You basically need to pause every few fights and rest for like 3-5 minutes. I was hoping that greater SP pool would alleviate this problem, but it doesn’t.

I was playing Paladin until now, so hardly ever noticed this due to his SP restoration skill, but after trying different classes it seems impossible. I’m now testing an AA build, and it still doesn’t restore SP, it’s infuriating!

Am I missing something obvious? Why is this happening?

-eat sp recovery food buff from someone’s camp
-use sp recovery purple card
-use sp elixir

If you can cover your mana issue with natural sp recovery, what is the point of playing alchemist?

SP recovery was very potent prior to squire food nerf.

If you have diev+squire food you’ll never need sp potions unless you step on some purple elite poop that drains sp or use something else that drains it heavily (magic shield, blind faith, etc).

After the nerf though, we started using sp pots a lot more.

1 Like

Looking at top tier builds, it looks like people haven’t discovered yet that since June Paladin can heal up to 450SP every 3 seconds for the whole party. Paladin is a walking SP charging station

The problem of the SP was created by the developers when they removed the regeneration of certain parameters (stats) and did not correct the consumption in ReBuild (many skills still have the same prebuild consumption) in a pathetic attempt, in my opinion, that people bought more potion boxes.

What’s more, these changes didn’t even make the Alchemist more viable, its SP potions are still just as useless. In the prebuild, although the non-magic classes had some problems, it was not for these Wizard classes (or magic variants of the Cleric). From something funny that the game had in principle to something annoying and illogical in many cases …

I keep thinking, with the systems that there are currently alternatives to consuming SP (an example, Guild Wars 2?), Are we still using that? So powerless are developers to cast, cooldown and uses as an option to avoid abuse? Almost no one becomes a mage or a technical swordsman to use autoattacks. As a funny note, I often joke about the Tree of drunks (alcoholic beverages = SP potions).

Or Tree of drugs, being more visceral with the compulsory addiction of our characters, who have to look for their “coca” in the market, handcrafted by our favorite camel supplier (Alchemist).

The only option right now is, have an abnormal max SP amount (any piece of gear with max SP and SPR, because SP recovery is a laugh of a parameter) or / and go loaded with SP potions, SP regen cards by kill and bonfires (equip three lvl 10 regen SP card by kill -SPR can help, but is better by kill-, lvl 15 potions from Alchemist, shop SP potions - they do not overlap with the previous ones - and the bonfires and eat some fried fish, to settle down and recover quickly after a minute or two). Some classes have that ability, but they are rare … and expensive, in addition to sacrificing a gap in your Build for just that.

At a certain point this happened, before it was not so necessary to go with the drug on top (SP potions), I think it was in ReBuild.

Tree of Drunks with SP potion

beer_swordman

There is a old guide in the forum. [WIP] Glug Glug Glug: SP management for newbies and veterans!

invest on popo shop sp pots + sp pots on npc item shop + food buff + sp regen card …

3 Likes

99% of classes have no SP problems with just Condensed Lv15 potions.
Theres also NPC potions or SP elixirs if your consumption is higher than that.
SP management is a joke in this game, its only a matter of remembering to pop SP pots.

You can also get bonfires from the item merchant if you want to rest for SP. It speeds up the recovery by an extreme amount.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.