Tree of Savior Forum

Which of the following pyro build it's the best IYHO?

I’m having troubles deciding which build will be the best to combo the agnis + pyro, i come up with some variations, every one have pros and cons and my head hurts.

I have a Pyro 3 > Chrono 3 full INT (my first char, i builded that to be a chrono support for my fletch friend on bosses to steal some DPS), with the job reset i wanted to make a full DPS wiz and not a half support half DPS char.

First, i have the option to not reset it, just for pass, but i think it would loose a lot of DPS for the 3 chrono ranks, and without link, it’s hard to land the skills

i was thinking on Pyro 3 > Linker 2 > WL 2 to link fireballs, hell breath them and if it’s not enought i still have WL skills to make a stronger DPS output

another one it’s a Wiz 3 > Pyro 3 > Linker 2 so it can add 50% of damage to the equation, but 50% damage don’t sound so good compared to WL 2 damage, as it only will add 50% to the agni bonus damage, a skill with 300% bonus from agni + quickcast will make it 450% damage skill.

A Pyro 3 > Sorc 3 > Linker 1 can have potential, with the sorc buffs that are coming but i don’t think only one link rank can make much, so we have the variation of Pyro 3 > Linker 2 > Sorc 2 or Pyro 2 > Linker 2 > Sorc 3 but they sound so risky, because of the SP consumption (I think on Sorc 3 just for Summon lvl 15)

And the stronger DPS output that i can come with it’s Wiz 3 > Pyro 3 > WL2 but the lack of AoE would make it single target only, a pain in the ass to use on multiple mobs.

I don’t have any experience with WL or linker in R8 maps, so what do you think? what build you think will be capable to be used in most of the content of ToS?

Another potentially good build besides the ones you listed would be pyro3 linker3 sage… It’s more specialized and have some other good utilities

1 Like

I vote for wizard c3 > linker c2 > pyro c3/sage, cz i’ll take that path too. The point of wiz3 is not only about quick cast, but that delicious JP+HK+MM can wipe a group of mobs while you can take down boss fast with pyro skills+link to fireball. Pyromancer is rather lackluster without linker IMO. I knew it cz i have pyro3 chrono3 toon. I love Pyromancer <3

wiz c3 quick cast attribute is additive to the buffs agni necklace gives
example: agni necklace buffs fireball damage by 300%. with quick cast it would be 350%

I do not think having wiz c3 is good with pyro because of diminishing returns. If you want full dps then go pyro c3>ele c3>sage c1.
the rotations are: frost cloud and then cast every pyro skill you have.( Simple right?)
only problems are that this build is not very good in grind parties.

OP needs to know that wizards need some kind of support capabilities. I agree that linker makes wizards very good. (you can choose to use Rugal builds with sw2 but you wont get into grind parties, likewise in this case, you can choose to not have linker or chrono and not get into grind parties)
If OP is willing to consider having support circles like linker, then wiz1>pyro c2> linker c2> thaum c2> sage.
thaum c2 is useful to fight high mdef mobs in rank 8( this is after the buff in ktos). sage prevents you from dying, a dead dps is a bad dps. ( You will get wrecked by rank 8 ranged magic mobs if you dont have missile hole)

This is only partially correct… Elelocks does not have support capabilities, but it is still highly demanded … due to their insanely high AoE DPS alone.

The reason i recommend pyro3 link3 is not only for the support capability of linker, but more importantly due the synergies…

1. Hellbreath Fireball JP synergy.
  2. Linked fireballs will hit depending on the number of links. So, a lv 5 jp will have the fireball hiting 5x each tick, a lv 15 will hit 10x (15 ticks of fireball this way will then consume the 150 hit limit of the lv 15 JP) and so on. CMIIW

For reference : [Mechanic] Fireball + Joint Penalty

this is my build, i love it.