Tree of Savior Forum

Which Class is for newbies(PVE)

I have read some guides and still confuse what class to play.
*** My goal is to have an avg char that can kill both group mobs and boss. (slow is fine) and have some mean to survival or something.
*** Because this is my starting char I will have 0 fund to begin with.
any class that is gear dependent may be hard.(I think)
*** I will (probably ) play solo or alone much of the time .

Question 1.
I think Cleric-Cleric-Diev-Diev-Diev-*** look easy to play with statue that can tank for me + help deals damage.

but I don’t know if it really need for Diev 3 circle or any later class to aim for.

can anyone helps me on this one

1.1 is damage of statue depend on int or other stat?
1.2 if I go with this what class to get at later time?

Question 2.
If not suggest Diev what class path should i Take?
Any class that has some aoe or some survival skill ?
for example is there is a class that look like nuker with self heal on cleric?

Question 3.
Is there any trick or suggestion for leveling like 1-50 ot 1-100 ?

Thank you for your suggestion.

If you really want a more effective tanking, i suggest going with Bokor instead of Diev.

The statues have mid to high CD, specially Owl statue which is the offensive one, also, you have to carry material to carve them, you can get some from Carve skill but is not really that much.

In terms of mobility, Bokor excels, If you are going in Magic Type cleric, you can get Zombify at Bokor C3 in Lv 6 or 7, when getting attributes, get all except Giant Zombies, Wheel Chair Zombies are faster than the normal ones and hit harder.

Effigy cause massive damage, specially with Krauvas (i think this is the name) Mace, put 2 Lv 5 blue Gems on it and you can play with it from Lv 40 through 280 no problem.

Samediev At Lv 10 is almost like Chrono Haste Lv 10, only lose by 2 points in movement speed, but still pretty good, also, it get a small boost from Haste when applied, so you will be running like Speedy Gonzales.

Dambala is a must at C3, the massive damage from that skill cause a good DPS burst, specially at boss fights, the attribute help on the damaging since you will be spanwning some zombies at 10% chance each time they blow up.

Hexing you can leave at Lv 5, I did on my Bokor > Miko > PD2 and i don’t regret, since I only use it to debuff and be able to use Incineration.

Mackangdal Lv 1 is fine, for an extra protection, Bwa Kayiman 1 also it is more of a CC than damage dealer, when you use it and make your zombies pass over the enemy they will be knocked down, except if they are under Pain Barrier buff.

As for leveling, if you follow this guide you are pretty much ok to level fast.

Remember, this is my suggestion, if you want to play something different go for it, Cleric class is the cheapest one since you barely use any pots, and i mean both types HP and SP.

When you hit 200, if you didn’t wasted money on expensive stuff, you might be close to 5mil or more silver just from questing and selling junk, not counting selling good stuff.

And the most important thing of all, try to have fun with your char.

1 Like

hi there…

cleric2+diev3+druid is pretty common…i myself play cleric2/kriv3/druid3 and even without really any good gear you can solo any dungeon. (you will need gear to solo the 290 dungeon however). you have heal+invul+high static damage. as far i know though…diev3 is a pain to quest with since you dont really have the means to deal with flying stuff (heal and cure cant hit those).

also, if you decide on druid c3… be aware that you will have to use lycantrophy to effectively farm anything but bosses. since almost all of your dps is static (owl/zaibas and carnivory). lycantrophy drains 2% sp per SECOND not minute as tosbase states. means that you will be chugging sp pots like mad to keep your sp up UNLESS you have sp regen gear…basically you work against the drain, other than that lyca is pretty mighty.

if you need any more info on druid related stuff i can help. other than that i think there was also a diev 3 build with inquisitor…but i cant help you with this one

1 Like

Thank you . for now I need to read more of bokor class and may be druid for more info.

As for Cleric stat can it be pure int ?
high int with con ?
or int with spr?
(focus on pve with some survival ability )

But Is that true that Cleric/Diev has no skill to deal with flying enemy??
then How to deal with them??? ran away or avoid flying zone?

how many flying type out there?
like one out of ten? or maybe 2 out of 5?

Since my target R6-8 is not decide may be I will read more guide and vid of boker/druid more.

well…yes and no

you have your trusty owl…which though, has 105 seconds cooldown
krivis has an easier time with zaibas which has 2 charges and 30 seconds cd.

also carnivory has the same issue (only ground based)…thats why you need the wolf…which hits like a truck though…so no worries about lategame

ah…yes there is alot of flying stuff around, thats why its a pain…bosses are all ground based though (even if they fly).

and yes, cleric goes with full int, unless you have priest mixed in, and abit of con is always a good idea (around 50 min) so stuff wouldnt onehit you.

… rereading the statue skill cooldown…
90-105s cooldown time even the circle 1 has 50 s cooldown wow…
Do i have to run in circle or spam other skill during all that time?

Diev may not be my best choice then…
but there are guide that go like diev3 -xxx -plage doc
how did he manage to grind with these long cooldown time then ???

Druid wolf transform is very huge SP comsumtion.

Boker / Krivis is start to look good now … well… more to read again T_T

Dievs usually use Carve Attack as their leveling tool along with the occasional statues. Carve Attack have pretty good base damage and can hit flying mob so you can go full INT and still level okay, cmiiw though. Just don’t expect to round up a huge mob and burn through them super fast. Diev got the edge this meta around because of the new Class Miko. Miko’s clap can extend the duration of your statue, making you a very powerful static grinder (but yeah, static).

You can’t go wrong with Plague Doctor so I think that’s beginner friendly stuff. Oh yeah, and always take Cleric C2. If anything, Heal is a class defining skill for Cleric, being both a damage source and a support tool so more of those is always better.

Of course you can always try other trees like CryoLinker Wizard or Peltastank but Cleric has the widest margin of error by far.