Tree of Savior Forum

What is the most common or most useful build for Fencer?

I was wondering what is the most common or most useful build for Fencer and please explain why, and if u also can propose about the stats it would be graet thanks a lot!

Please refer to the massive number of threads discussing that exact same topic over most of the swordsman tree.

Already looked but none of them really explained the reason behind each build, are they for the buffs or for any other reason, so if u have any link to a discussion which explains the reason behind the build please refer me would really be helpful, thanks!

Ill throw my 2cents on that since no 1 seems active today and i’ll even summon a fencer sensei for you, if he judge you worthy, he might teach you like he teached me. From what ive seen, the most popular ones are: s-pelt c1- barb c3- fencer c2
S- pelt c1- barb c2- corsair, fencer c2
S- pelt c1- barb c2- corsair c2- fencer
Not that much difference in term of pure pve dps, rly depend on your playstyle to be honest, even doe the 3rd build pull ahead a lil. Some quick advices: get a venier ASAP, get vubbe fighter gloves, max leather armor attribute, dont go swordman c2. Now @Lostac i summon you /bow

1 Like

my build:
Sw1>Pelt1>Highlander2>Corsair>Fencer2
currently at Fencer1

I got highlander instead of the common barbarian. One of the reasons is Crossguard, I could root archers to keep them from running and use Iron Hook + Keel Hauling, when they get pulled by Keel Hauling, they will still be rooted, then I do Attaque Coquille + Sept + Lunge + [Dust Devil x2(if they’re still alive)].

1 Like

to be honest, there are no proper build for Fencer at the moment
the most common are either with Highlander or Barbarian
ppl who choose these two mainly because their skill have no/less main hand requirement
Highland crossguard give pierce damage buff but require 2 hand sword
barbarian just have a lot of skill for you to spam
Hoplite also offer pierce damage buff, but require spear and fencer cannot use Finestra and Hoplite usually run low/no DEX
i wouldnt say highlander/barbarian the best Fencer DPS build, it is only the more viable choice

1 Like

Highland crossguard give pierce damage buff but require 2 hand sword

It also provides Root(hidden mechanic)

Mm i have done the BLASPHEMY of going Sword2 instead of Peltasta1 > Barb 3 > Fencer 2. As for the reasons for each build it gets down to this, more or less:

Rank 2: the one everyone seems to hate for now - swordsman 2 - cause “gung ho gets irrelevant/neglectable later on” or the almighty peltasta that basically is your free pass to be socially accepted in our “endgame” community of 12 years old (joking, no salt ;p)

Rank 3 ownwards: either Highlander 3, Highlander 2 Corsair 1 or Barbarian 3 seem to be the mainstream. Reason for the first is cuz highlander gets one invaluable source of bursty yet sustained damage which is crossguard + skyliner which gets to be really good with fencer’s lunge skill. Corsair gets you a really reliable future pvp skill which is Iron Hook and all the skills that complement it, even better if you delay Fencer 2 for Corsair 2 (Hexen Dropper is a beast between the very dissapointing burst/dps capabilities of swordies in general). Barbarian gets you the only form of CC youll have for now besides Sword’s Bash skill and the only mediocre AoE youll have for now as well which is Seism. It also gets a burst combo pretty similar to Highlander, the stun + lunge + cleave combo (rather than highlander’s bleed + lunge + skyliner). However bosses cannot be stunned which leaves cleave only as a 5 second 50 critical rate buff rather than a reliable source of damage. On the other hand, the skyliner combo is alot better vs boss monsters since most of them can be bled thus landing its full combo and damage.

1 Like

gung ho gets irrelevant/neglectable later on

Srsly this skill has really bad scaling. Level 1 Gung Ho w/ max att is +58 while level 10 w/ max att is 85. +27 difference
Meanwhile Guardian at any lvls w/ att gives the +18% evasion :pensive:

1 Like

Srsly this skill has really bad scaling. Level 1 Gung Ho w/ max att is +58 while level 10 w/ max att is 85. +27 difference

You didnt seem to grasp the whole picture. You are not able to use gung ho AND guardian at the same time, which means not only youll miss 85 physical damage but youll also lose another 12. Is this enough a reason to go sword 2? no. However is it that irrelevant? Dont think so. But then again who am I? Just defending a little bit the otherwise despised Sw2 Circle. But yes, peltasta 1 is generally more useful. Just making a point.

1 Like

I, for one, find it irrelevant. Let’s just agree to disagree. :innocent:

1 Like

Rank 2:
Swordsman C2 - Worst circle probably, even highlander does better for a fencer.

let’s see what you get with Sword 2: (I’ve said this on a lot of threads but whatever)

Gungho Level 5-10 difference: 15 Damage.
Concentrate level 5-10 difference: 8 Damage and 8 more hits?

So if you took sword 2 for buffs you literally wasted a WHOLE CIRCLE for 23 more damage, or a bit more due to concentrate hits.
I’d still understand it if you took sword 2 for more pain barrier because that buff is very useful late game, or at least restrain if you want a bit more of pvp, but I don’t like to gamble or rely on 20% and lower uptime either.

If you really do not want Peltasta, take highlander instead. Cartar Stroke gives you access to one of the best low rank strike types in the swordsman tree which fencer really lacks on, you also get crown as an extra damage reduction even if it isn’t too much. Cross Guard also benefits you if you have no problems switching 2H Swords-Rapiers and if you are going with a high str fencer.

Meanwhile, Peltasta (let’s ignore swash for now) gives you access to Guardian Attribute, pretty much useful forever so long as evasion stays relevant, as it is now. I barely use gungho now and use it ONLY when I can 1 hit a monster with the buff(again this rarely happens) or when I am in a map filled with mage monsters, like Ibre Plateau.

Sword > Pel > Barb 3 > Fencer 2 - Most common fencer
Sword > Pel > Barb 2 > Cor 2 > Fencer 1 - Access to the best swordsman pierce nuke (Hexen) and access armor break for pierce types
Sword > Pel > Barb 2 > Cor 1 > Fencer 2 - My personal build, I don’t like what Barb 3 offers
Sword > Pel > Highlander/Corsair variants - People who do not like barb
Sword > Pel 2 > Rodel 2 > Fencer 2 - Shield fencer, rodel 2 taken mainly for slithering
Sword > Pel 3 > Corsair > Fencer 2 - Taunt master with access to JR attribute, also peltasta debuffs

TLDR
Yes, no sword 2, Gungho level 10 is a trap newbies fall for

I’ve also wanted to write a fencer guide before, but with the class as it is now, I’d rather not

2 Likes

I’d actually be really interested in seeing a guide written up by you. You should consider it, and it would give me something to direct C2 Fencers to. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

TY for your knowledge sensei!

I really love this game’s community, so nice and willing to help, thank you guys for your support!

Anyway I’m pretty much done writing it down, but I’m only willing to cover builds I played

2 Likes

The hate against sword 2 is real. Again, blasphemy if you have gone sword 2! Seriously though i find Restrain’s slow attribute extremely sexy. Preferences. Will eventually build a pelt/high > fencer and compare under the same circumstances.

You’ll enjoy that circle of highlander even with only cartar stroke. That skill is a beast for being a rank 2 skill. I even have a friend wizard to lethargy mobs doubling the damage of it.

the only thing that would sell highlander imho is crossguard to root archers in place and crown versus casters. But then again i am building after PvP rather than PvE and pvp isnt even a thing yet. honestly love that pain barrier and slowdown from restrain. still am capable of understanding the awesomeness of highlander and and peltasta though. But the lack of cc on both… I believe rank 8 will allow for some sexier mixups of low rank builds though. Depends on how fencer 3 turns out to be.

I personally enjoy Swordsman1>Pelt1>Highlander3>Fencer2 if you want to play a DPS fencer. Barbarian is also a good option over Highlander. I personally play a block/dodge tank Fencer on Vakarine. I’ll PM my build/stats if interested. It probably isn’t worth making on iToS until we get class buffs, unless you enjoy suffering :slight_smile:

1 Like