Tree of Savior Forum

What is the best choice for Fencer? (Highlander, Hoplite, Barbarian)

Highlander and Hoplite have a skill to vulnerable to pierce attacks.

Barbarian has not a pierce attack but Barbarian’s skill can combo with Lunge.

I confuse to choose about classes before Fencer but I think Highlander and Hoplite may be the most useful for Fencer c3.

Totally I mean what classes can help Fencer to do the most damage?

Wrong. Actually you pick Barbarian or Swordsman C3. Look on Warcry because this will work always no matter what we got in future. Same like Pain Barrier and Restrain. For Fencers of course Guardian from Peltasta is really nice thing so better pick this too just for more evasion.

Im not sure I think Warcry + Barbarian skill may not be do damage more than Epee Garde + pierce attack (Stabbing + Pierce) + the skill to vulnerable to pierce attacks.

Definitely not hoplite, it has horrible synergy with fencer because as soon as you switch to rapier your finestra will be canceled, and for highlander you need 2h sword to use stagger
honestly since fencer is a single target class, barbarian with frenzy and warcry might be your best choice
as said before its either sword 3 or barb 3
high 3 can be ok, if you choose to go high 3 keep in mind to NOT lvl cross guard because you must use 2h swords for that and weapon swapping takes time
if you want to have the most efficient dps fencer then i’d go barb c3, and get both warcry and frenzy to lvl 10.
Everything else is kind of your choice but i’d get at least lvl 1 cleave anyway because why not, it has good combo with some fencer skills like lunge and flanconnade,

I’m running a hop 2 > fencer build and i can say: it’s fantastic, after having tried both the highlander and the barbarian route i can say this one is the best for me. After some changing in the hotkeys weapon swap is easy and takes little to no time, stabbing works wonders with prep+coquille+ spear lunge. Sensate’s fencer is hitting 50k/hit on stabbing with his fencer 3 already.

And after we exchanged some info, i can say i do think like him: If i’m going for the fencer, i’ll specialize in pierce damage, no reason to try to cover for flaws the build doesn’t help, like getting a crap ton of slash skills and such.

To each his own, though. I can Definitely say, hop 2 > cor> fencer 2 is a beast. Rushing my way through lvls to get Fencer 3.

1 Like

I’m on Team Barb, and trust me, Warcry has been working some magic for me. The added bonus patk scales wonderfully with Epee, the downside for it is having enough targets to gain from it. Seism + Helm Chopper would help you get your CCs on the new content as they hit like a truck and you want to disable them once they aggro you. Frenzy is bad takes too long to stack. Cleave gives you some slash boost (50%) for your Flanconnade or Pouncing and gives you +50 crit rate, damage is actually great as well against stunned mobs. Pouncing is a good filler while waiting for your Epee Stance to cd, though the skill itself has bad cd, but imo, the damage is worth it.

You can add Corsair into your build if you’re into pvp or want more additional CC and farming skills. But really it all boils down to your matter of preference. Highlanders and Hoplites are still viable too. But personally speaking, Barb3 and Swordsman3 imo are more future proof.

If you wanna check out some comparisons please visit our friendly Fencer thread by @Lostac. :slight_smile:

Guide to Fencer / Doppel [PVE]

i just can’t help but ask how do you work around finestra? using a spear makes you unable to use fencer skills, using a rapier making you unable to use finestra.

Well it’s rather simple: I didn’t go hoplite for Finestra, just for Stabbing and Spear lunge. I have enough crit rate to not need to rely on the bonus from Finestra. I merely use the weapon swap to spear lunge, then back into the fencer rotation. The boost in damage is incredibly nice.

I’m not saying it’s bad because i don’t have experience playing it, but i am skeptical that OP is gonna like that route, the best things about hoplite are finestra, and stabbing and spear throw ofc. also spear lunge require a spear, so you’ll have to weapon swap anyway.
i just think that going barbarian c3 is a much easier route.
My main point is that this weapon swapping isn’t for everybody especially for people with high fps/ping. so my suggestion for OP is to seriously consider if weapon swapping is for him.

1 Like

Can’t argue with you on that. Barbarian c3 is a much, much easier route to work with. I needed a lot of practice to get the hang of swapping and dealing the damage. I play with 180~300 ping, but somehow my weapon swapping is working kinda fast.

It’s just a personal opinion on the build though, when i first got to fencer and went into the weapon swap thing i thought the build was not for me, but after playing for some more hours, i could feel it getting more and more fluid and i simply love it to death now.

Also hoplite helps a little into the pvp aspect, as i got a rank in corsair, so i can hook > long stride > continue with my fencer combo ( i really like this hahahaha)

To OP: if you think weapon swap might not be your thing, don’t touch the hoplite route. I tried to imply the personal opinion in my comment but as razm said, it might no be so clear.

1 Like

Thank you all for answering. :blush: