Tree of Savior Forum

What class to play, Fencer vs Murmillo pros and cons?

Hi I’ve been away from the game for months and am interested in coming back and fixing my build. I’m interested in playing a swordsman however want to use a sword so that rules out lancer classes. I also have an alt that will most likely be a catagoon for pve, not that I’m sure I’ll play it much but it’s there.

I want to do a bit of pve and pvp mainly as a tank with this particular character however and was wondering what some of the pros and cons of fencer and murmillo are? Also recommended class builds would be helpful as well. Thank you to anyone who replies, I appreciate it!

you definitely want murmilo then, fencer is more about world bossing and single target dps than it is pvp.
Murmilo is great in gvg stuff and tanking pretty good class

1 Like

Awesome I’m gonna check out some builds on tosbase thanks so much for replying!!

:scream:

Please use this thread (first post links to a google doc with a bunch of nice
stuff):

The thread poster is very experienced with swordies so please ask any questions/build tips here.

1 Like

do not use builds on tosbase. no disrespect but some of the builds there are troll. as stated by @greyhiem please join us in Lostac’s thread, a healthy place to discuss swordsman builds.

1 Like

the real tank is cleric and wizard , because when pt with them ET and r8maps , they role is tanking mobs , swordman jobs is provoke and dps ,

fencer is strongest boss killer with divine might + miko buff + dragoon , can spam 100k++ damage to boss but not SP friendly , you need alchemist for supporting your SP potion , fencer attribute is cheaper , just focus to attaque compose attribute , what makes fencer strong is epee gardye buff you need +2 skill weapon like venier

murmillo is a good class , but you need $$ for attribute and items

i am suggesting play farming char first , because this game need $$ for DPS class or Tanking , full support cleric/wizard build is the cheapest i think

1 Like

Ah got it. Thanks a ton for the advice, I think in that case I will peruse the thread the other two mentioned for builds while starting a farming character to fund the dream!!

Thanks!! I will definitely check it out now!

1 Like