Tree of Savior Forum

What are good budget-friendly non-support farm/slave builds in each tree? đź‘Ś

I’m looking to reset all my other toons besides my main into non-support dungeon slaves (in case I get in a situation where I need to solo sh*t) with good AOE skills, but I don’t want to invest too much in them (no trans, primus weapon, blue/purple gear with some stats).

Still, I also want to be able to bring them to Velcoffer if I want to later on (will of course improve their gearing). What are my options?

So far this is what I’ve theorycrafted with:

1.) Swordsman

I’d like to stick with 1h-spear as much as possible so it can borrow my main toon’s spear.

• Sw1 Pel1 Hop3 Dop2 Goon3 (I found DPE + Dragonfall great for farming in fields and HGs)
  • Sw1 Pel2 Hop3 Goon3 Ret1

2.) Archer

• A1 R3 Rogue1 Falcon3 Mergen2
  • A1 QS3 Rogue1 Falcon3 Mergen2 (is this build not that great now?)

3.) Cleric

• I have no idea - please help!

4.) Wizard

• No idea as well - please help!

Is there any non-LLThaumFF option? Having Thaum is OK, I just don’t like FF gameplay.

Please advise. :bowing_man:

Hop goon and retiari are nice farmers, also very viable dealer & debuff at raid later on.
Most archers and swordies require decent AoE investments to AoE properly. (Ranger) Falconer3 would be my recommendation too, pheasant clears dungeons quite well. And falconer3 will never get rejected for raids.

Take magic-based cleric for lower investments (no AoE investment). Final ranks: exorcist(2) quite nice, and plague doctor (after ktos buffs) is strong too. I recommend those two classes because their main AoE skills are big, very easy to hit and aim. Exorcist uses the rubric beam and plague doctor uses the poison (+flames) & pandemic (wide area around your character’s spot). Beam cooldown is lower than plague doctor’s debuff-spreads.

Exorcist early ranks:
[Bokor3 or support ranks (cleric, diev, priest)] + druid3. Druid3 + exo2 beats druid2 + exo3, moreso with diev1 to reduce human-lycan-mode cooldown.
Krivis3 + sadhu3 (may go exo3)

Plague doctor early ranks:
Dievdirby1 + sadhu3
anything + Bokor3 (pandemic spreads hexing)
Anything + druid2

For wizard I planned to put a farmer-build guide later, to show and explain the various wizard farmer builds with thaumathurge. Double drop is great.
Meanwhile there’s one for featherfoot on gameplay guide section here<.

Biskee, good to have you back again.

1 Like

For Clerics I recommend:

Cleric2 Diev1 (fillers) Druid3 Exo2.

It has really good aoe capabilities, excellent heals and utility skills too. In a “plant-youself in 1 location mode” (aka CMs), druid3 provides more damage with a combination of Hengestone and Laima too.

1 Like

@greyhiem thanks! I’ll take these into consideration. Appreciate the detailed response. It’s been awhile! :smiley:

By the way, is there any non-LLThaumFF option? Having Thaum is OK, but I just don’t like FF gameplay. I also like to farm fields/HGs more with a Swordie so the Wiz is going to be purely dungeon slave until resetted again. I have a LinkThaumShadow before - it’s was OK, but something else might be better.

@Nekorin always wanted to have a Druid3 - thanks for that!

1 Like

I’d say for archer you may wanna go with qs3 for a farmer. Ranger may not give you the utility and for raid you can Pavise boss. Aiming will get you a long way as support too

1 Like

Thanks for that! I used to have a QS3 Falconer3 before and really loved playing it, but now I was unsure if it’s still relevant seeing the Ranger changes.

I might go with QS3 on my one archer then Ranger3 on the other.

For wizard anything with linker2/3>Thauma2/3 actually. Sage and Shadowmancer can be inserted in the end instead of FF.

What’s with FF gameplay that you don’t like btw?

The skills I guess. It’s probably more of a personal preference. :smile:

Also, since I don’t know much about the class - does it have any good wide AOE skill that doesn’t rely on JP besides Blood Curse?

I find gameplay vids of LinkFFs really boring, seeing the same JP + Hangman’s + Kundela or something else over and over again.

If you don’t like FF, I think wiz-x-link2-thaum3-shadowmancer2 is a good alternative. Shadowmancer hits super hard especially to ground mobs with link.

This build is not only good at farming, but also quite decent in PvE in general.

1 Like

Wiz3>Thauma>Chrono3>Omny3 is the fastest dugeon clearer i’ve made, but you need strong weapon because hes not that good at killing bosses.

1 Like

Here you go Biskee:

That’s a great summary of featherfoot farmer…

1 Like

Best thing about them is double drops.

Well it’ll be the same for the other linker>thauma builds that you’ll have to wait for JP+HK+swell body when undergeared. Boring playstyle but well it does give excitement whenever double primus equipment drops for me. Greyheim’s guide does explain the rest.

1 Like

Thanks grey! Will go through your great post later. By the looks of it, looks like I’ll go the Shadowmancer build since I’m more comfortable playing it.

Does the Wiz tree not have any class or skill that temporarily makes flying targets ground?

Heavy Gravity from Psychokino convert flying into gound-type

1 Like

Oh, right I forgot. Too bad HG ticks might eat up JP limit before I can throw in Shadowmancer ground skills. Kind of a messed up build as well for farming. Linker and Thaum just can’t be separated XD

Fletcher 1 is better than Rogue 1 now, imo.

w1>pyro3>sorc3>necro3
w3>ele3>sorc1>onm3

Can you explain how so? I haven’t played Fletcher in awhile.

Because you mainly get rogue because of the crit from sneak hit rear attacks, however, ranger crit overwhelms it (as proven here: [Class] Hackapell & Rogue Class Lounge (Ready for Rank 10))

So, it’s way better to have Bodkin point (% defense reduction) and Crossfire (great AoE, low sp cost). Fletcher skills have also low coldown and a lot overheats.

wiz 2 linker 3 alchemist 3 sage 2.
portal, pots, awaken, gems
ok at dgs/cms