Tree of Savior Forum

Walking through maps - Transportation and 2P mounts

There’s a missed opportunity with the way Catahpract Impale and Centurion conscript works. About 3 months ago I made a thread about using Centurion’s conscript to transport players to Zemyna statues and Vakarine statue unlocks. A bit after that the entire centurion class was removed from the CBT so I didn’t get to test it

After dueling a friend cataphract, I came up with the idea “Catacab”. (YouTube)

Idea:
Have an Impale attribute that lets player pick up allies/party members. There should be a button/key that lets the ally get off whenever he wants.

Rework the centurion class to keep conscript when moving through maps.

Let 2 or more players be able to mount special mounts. Maybe certain Sorcerer summons can do this (depending on Boss length)

You can even introduce in-game “payment services” for “Taxi classes” or Dievdirbies “Vakarine Statue”. Want a ride? Pay me 10k.

Impale ally

During a boss fight, a cataphract can pickup a dying member and rush him out of the boss AOE. And then drop him towards a heal.

Or if a newbie wants to get to a certain map but the monsters hit too hard, he can call a high level Cataphract friend to carry him through the map.

Or in PVP, a Cata can carry a peltasta and have him hold C to block incoming attacks from enemies. That would be amazing synergy.

What do you think?

4 Likes

I agree on the 2P mounts, but I don’t know how I’d feel about someone riding a giant rodent impaling me with a rusty spear all the way until reaching the next map, just because I don’t want to walk for a few mins or fall to my knees and worship a Pagan Goddess so that she can teleport me to X map instantly.

1 Like

Hrhr … i would pay to see that.

But taxis would go out of buisness with speed buff chronomancers xD.

KONGA LINES!

It’s not a matter of speed but the idea that someone can walk for you.

During a boss fight, a cataphract can pickup a dying member and rush him out of the boss AOE. And then drop him towards a heal.

Or if a newbie wants to get to a certain map but the monsters hit too hard, he can call a high level Cataphract friend to carry him through the map.

Or in PVP, a Cata can carry a peltasta and have him hold C to block incoming attacks from enemies. That would be amazing synergy.

@STAFF_J I would like to hear IMC’s thoughts on this if possible :smile:

i remembered there is a class in the future that has a huge cart?

that’s always my dream from RO that those mount/cart owners can give their friends a ride too

The one in steparu’s video? I don’t know if that’s a class but that would be great too!

it was a GM testing a new class. its in the new tailer too if i’m not mistaken. but it doesn’t seem to have the ability to give other players a ride. the owner can ride on his own cart tho.
hopefully they can pick up others too

Oh this is interesting.

But honestly i don’t know how will your idea will work against all the speed buffs this game got and all Zemy statues placed in important spots.

But if your idea consist on terms of pure transportation then i guess it could work and if you are taking it as a service you are already providing protection while are at it so i see no bad side in this.

The points that you make here points out at my new class suggestion. :grin:

Rather than Impale Ally, I suggested a class that can carry one party member into a chariot, at the cost of the class’ movement speed. The party member that is carried by this class is able to attack or use skills with some mount restriction.

1 Like