Tree of Savior Forum

Up to date best solo PVE build suggestion for wiz-pyro

Came back from a very long hiatus, and wanted to make an alt, this time with wiz, but since i got left behind, im not sure what’s the new meta for wiz gameplay now, would like to ask any suggestions/insights/ideas for a build. Thanks!

Edit: made a little research, is this good for end game content atm? Pyro3-link3-sage?

pyro3 link3 sage is the best

link3 have most synergy with pyro and sage synergy with pyro

but this build also have many cons that u had to know

pyro is non party friendly(with melee)
swordman kick your fire ball, your dps gone
elememe rain, taoist storm, goodbye fire ball and most of your damage

not real aoe dps - need link to make it aoe
many link resist mob in r8 map
low base damage - need good weapon to bypass mdef wall
some mob also have fire resist(or even fire absorb that your damage heal them)

if you not good enough, u need party(or buddy)
fire resist, link resist, high mdef - let them do that job
you are still useful as linker3 and sage missile hole

in pre-rank8 map
pyro3link3 can solo everything
every boss die in 3-4sec with 4 fire balls + join penalty combo
fast saalus, fast dg rush, in royal mau saalus
4 ppl go top, you go bottom, u kill finish boss before 4ppl and join them for another “1” number
don’t need party to grind, fire ball kill everything, solo quest pretty well

thanks for the reply! now working on it!

One thing you could consider is replacing one linker rank and one pyro rank with 2 thauma.

Swell arms scales with int now so swell left arm can give you some legit MATK to help you over that MDEF wall. If you wear a shield in the right hand swell right arm becomes a big survival boost now that PDEF/MDEF is king. Reversi is amazing for ranking in world boss fights. Swell body maxes out at 8 targets, perfectly matching the number of mobs you can link. Great for grinding xp and silver, as well as farming mats.

What you lose from linker. 3 link targets. A bit of time on HK. And lifeline which I’m sure has it’s uses, but is pretty underwhelming in normal play.

What you lose from pyro. It depends on how you were planning to spec. Pyro is a point crunched spec, so you can’t have everything. A shorter firewall, few seconds off flame ground/pillar, fewer fireball hits, no hellsbreath (which i still think is a terrible skill).

For me I think that trade off is worth it.

Basically what it comes down to is for both linker and pyro, their C3 skill is underwhelming, and their other skills can work very well even at 5-10 points. Thauma buffs scale now, and reversi/swell body are phenomenal utilities.

Just my 2 cents.

Are there not hidden interactions for that skill like punji stake or barrage, I remember someone mentioning this once ?

None that I’m aware of (doesn’t mean there aren’t any though).

Hellsbreath isnt a terrible skill.
It requires either positioning, godlike luck, support etc, so one doesnt get KBed that much and can manage to proc the buff.
It is okay to say that the skill is hard to use, but it is, far, veeeeeery far from being horrible.

And as a pyro 2, there are the stuff tht you loose that is just manageable with that you have (for an example, fireball 10 isnt as good as 15 but yeah 10 is good), and stuff you simply cannot have (firewall 10 unfortunately isnt a thing due to number of hits per tiles), hellsbreath, etc. At pyro 2, firewall is a 0/10 skill. At pyro 3, it is either 0/15 or 15/15. I just didnt get it because it is terrible for bossing, but firewall definetely has its merits when it comes to mobbing.

As a linker 2, you do loose some good potential in regard to how a pyro 3 will perform. To know about this you should read this post: [Mechanic] Fireball + Joint Penalty

Now you do to this post and read everything down the thread: [Mechanic] Fireball + Joint Penalty

pyro 2 linker 2 thauma 2 sage in all situations including high mdef mobs.

thanks for the replies guys, now i think ill be going pyro2-link2-thau2, but im still on pyro2-link1 now so i still have some time to think this over with. I really appreciate the info and insights given!

yes
pyro3link3sage or pyro2link2thauma2sage
both of them are most optimized pyro build

as pyro 2 i would go with 0/10 fire wall
and 15/15 as pyro 3
fire wall that below level15 isn’t good enough
lv10 is half of lv15 (hit x tiles)

even pyro3link3 have more potential, it’s doesn’t better in everything
if you can’t pass mdef wall
no matter how many hit or multiplier you have, it’s still hit 1
without thauma - 11target then kill them, they get 11x drop, exp, silver
with thauma2 - link8 then swell before killing them, they get 16x drop, exp, silver

trying both if you have time
they both are great char to have in you lodge

hellsbreath is an awesome skill. If you link 4 balls and the boss so use Hellsbreath in 5, de boss will melt like ice in fire. Firewall to be good need be max or is better dont have. Fireball too.

If hellbreath is channelled hitting the 5 targets, how many hits counts will it hit every second?
I mean if heallbreath use the hitcounts, are you sure it does even or more damage than just linking fireball?
Because if the overall damage is a lot less, it’s not worth it while almost 100% boss in this game have knock ups, knock down and sometimes it’s instant…

For example, when I use glassmoles and I’m not a swordman, most of times I’m flying around and sleep on the floor forever > 6 seconds xD while in other games you are 1second down and not sent flying very far.

5 hit per tick if linked.

I will test about the hit count when i can. Hellsbreath is a good filler skill too. The melee block, knockback and debuff is very usefull. Using firewall, fire pillar, flameground and 2 fireballs will create near of 10 sec of cooldown. Use hellsbreath while this.

i use hell breath when fail link due lagging or interrupted

sometimes when fire ball stuck, hell breath is great tool for activate it

4 balls link is too fast and don’t even have time to use hell breath

target usually burned down in3-4 sec, so 2sec of hell breath before combo end