Tree of Savior Forum

TOS without Steam?

Hello to the entire community here present.
From the first time I saw the game, I was hooked, I really liked. The only problem is that I don’t like using Steam for personal reasons. What chance is there that you can download and play TOS without Steam?

1 Like

You can’t. There have been people complaining about this before.

If you have a chance to play ToS it is because it is on Steam. Just make a random new Steam account and register the game, or don’t play it. It’s up to you really.

6 Likes

4/5 the 4 being the chinese, japanese, korean and indonesia servers that do not use steam.

Same with me a long time ago, although I don’t know what your reason is. I used to not like the colors (Weird I know) so I use a Steam skin now. Now my Steam is fabulous.

That does sounds fabulous. I love the black though, easy on the eyes.

5 Likes

Agree with you on that
I totally have no complaints on the Steam UI
There may be some bugs that is a pain for me as well but I’m glad I can live with it haha

I havent explore Steam much yet…
I just know how to click game > tos > play!

1 Like

122 games and 5 years servitutde to the steam overlords.
Luckily most are cheap games or on sale ones ^^.

Steam is nice for many reasons, as long as you can keep it secure.

No escape from Steam.

In other words, I don’t think you can launch it without steam. There’s nothing bad using steam though. Hasn’t failed me so far. Other than the 3’s syndrome

1 Like

Steam is good…

In all seriousness, if ToS is like other Steam games, you can go into your Steam folders in your computer (my pathing is Local Disk -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> ToS game folder). Once your inside the game folder just right-click and create a shortcut to the launcher in the game. Then you can move the shortcut to your desktop or games folder or wherever and access it from there. You still have to download it using Steam and the likes, but you won’t have to launch it everytime you want to play ToS. This is what I do with games when I don’t feel like doing that LOL

As a disclaimer I don’t have ToS downloaded (no beta key boohoo), so I’m not 100% sure you’re going to find a launcher in the folder. Most games do though. Hope this helps ^-^

1 Like

That is wrong, Steam games require it to be running and logged in.

I don’t know if it works for all games, but it does work for mine (Tera, FF games). I wouldn’t put it here as a possible solution if I haven’t run and tested it extensively myself, lol.

Those are not Steam games but standalone games also available in that store, though, there are other exceptions, too.

Anyway, you currently need Steam to run ToS.

there is a problem on Steam and its that when i try to get the game they say that it has player limit WTF is that supposed to mean?!?!?

Yep I ■■■■■■■ hate this steam. This is the first time I use this buggy platform. Tos is already a bug pile of mess. Then you also add this another ■■■■. If I only knew this duo is the most pile of ■■■■ game I will encounter I would not have played this game in the first place. I already investes a lot of time in this game. So no one can tell me to just leave. If only there was a warning before you start playing a ■■■■ like this I would never have played this. The first two weeks ia great. Then from 3rd to now. Also network error on steam ■■■■ need to always re install this ■■■■. ■■■■ steam!!