Tree of Savior Forum

[ToS Theory] Are we going to be the “Savior” as Jesus?

600 hundred years ago, Laima foresaw the disaster that would be named as Medzio Diena, she created the “revelations” and asked for help from the others goddesses, but they didn’t believe in her.

Medzio Diena (The day of the tree), a giant tree and monsters appeared and caused destruction in the world, as we can see in Orsha. The survivors ran away and built a new city to live far away from there, named Klaipeda.

Someday, some people started to have dreams about Medzio Diena, they dreamed about the goddesses Giltine and Laima, and Laima ask for help and call them “Revelators”.

1st thought: Laima foresaw the Medzio Diena, she is the goddess of Fate, so she’s a Prophet and she wrote the Revelations as John (apostle of Jesus) did in the Christian Bible, but the world of ToS didn’t ended yet, so we are playing the “Apocalypse Moment” as disciples of Laima trying to defeat the demons and Giltine and become the “Savior” of the world.

2nd thought: We are going to defeat Giltine, she is the goddess of Death, so we are going to defeat the death as it said about Jesus in the Christian Bible “but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Timothy 1:10“

3rd thought: “Revelation 1:18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

Would we become “GOD” at the end of ToS game story? We saved Laima from Giltine, We defeat all demons and even the Death… So we have the keys of Death and Hades (Underworld, Hell… or Demon Prison?). Maybe not god as the creator of ToS universe, but the new god of death? Maybe are we going to take Giltine’s place? Because we are Laima’s Revelators/Disciples and she can trust in us to keep this power in safety?

4 Likes
10 Likes

After all this IMC’ing and [Resolved]'ing, we need to become the saviors of the internet by forcing the game to shut down!

huehuehue

3 Likes

tree of jesus :smirk:

I’m a railgun, no need to be god. Wiz3cryo3 all the way.

Edit: i don’t think John (Cena) was in the bible.

wow someone actually read all the lore… i never even bother. i only ready stuff when there are cutscenes i cant skip

Maybe it actually is just a bad euphemism for players saving IMC’s dying company and Mr. Kim is actually Laima personified in game. Then we hold the key to shutting down the servers and saving it from a slow painful death. I could believe this hue theory.

2 Likes

Tree of Snif
Weed o_o

It should not be suprising, in every action rpg, even hack n slash, some people would be curious about the story.
Most of the times it’s so poorly written it looks like a very young middle schooler in charge.

I like somehow Resident Evil series, I even bought the novel code veronica that is not bad even if the writing targets clearly young audience.

meanwhile…

8 Likes

You know, for being a company that is poor at bugbusting their games, they’re really good at storytelling. Granado Espada’s story is one of the most solid for an MMO (given that most MMOs has really bad storylines, especially the Asian-produced ones). Even NPCs that are “out of the way” (such as Barrel, the fat drunkard barber by day, Zorro by night) are given really vibrant backgrounds. So I won’t be surprised if IMC has something good in store for Tree of Savior’s storylines.

Their creative team (art, music, story) is really something nice.

@elleserion Though I don’t want to be jesus. I just want to be me. :smirk:
For you:

2 Likes

ToS story is already great, if only people took more time to read and look around instead of spamming and rushing their way to the end…

maybe they would notice :expressionless:

2 Likes

TIL I’ve been playing this game as Jesus.