Tree of Savior Forum

TOS partnership with X2 gaming?

So I’ve been reading some comments upon there partnership (most are negative) and was wondering exactly why X2 is frowned upon?

Some basic questions are

1. What is OMG? What link does OMG have with X2?

2. How will this partnership effect ToS (for both Chinese and international servers).

3. Will the partnership only effect Chinese servers or all servers?

4. What are your opinions on this (Chinese and international people)?

i think at this point no region has any publishers that has a generally good popularity with the masses.
so it doesnt really matter who they would choose to publish for those regions, there would still be haters.

and people are quicker to post their unsatisfaction on forums, people who are satisfied or doesnt really care doesnt really post it

1 Like

i hope steam can provide servers for ToS like in D2 where there are servers in SEA, EU, US etc.

so we just need to use 1 client but each world connects to different servers

1 Like

The problem lies not in localization but the IP block of the region once IMC signs the deal with x2gaming also known as OMG.

IMC should allow them to choose which server they want to join

Thank you for giving us your feedback.
However, I’d like to give an explanation about why the region locks are in place in certain locations.

The main reason behind certain regions being region locked is because we had distribution agreements with those regions long before the decision to publish Tree of Savior on Steam.

We had agreed to distribute Tree of Savior in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau before planning on the Steam release, and were able to develop Tree of Savior with their help.

On the other hand, Steam release had been decided before any distribution agreements were reached in Singapore, Malaysia or Brazil and that is why the specifics are different.

However, please note that we will manage the game versions and in-game contents of Tree of Savior in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau even though they will be region locked from Steam.

Users from the region will enjoy the same standards of contents as those accessing the Steam release. As such, we sincerely hope that the players from those regions will not be too disappointed about the region lock.

5 Likes

It is all about the reputation of your partner, OMG. Unfortuneatly, there was another online game called TERA, which the game versions and in-game contents managed by OMG, and ending up with only 3 years life. After 3 months , another company(mangot 5) got the right and republished it. Obviously, the developper did not trust OMG due to its bad management and crazy customer services so that they had to change their partner. But now, you announced that you pick OMG as your partner. We are alright to restricted region but we are not alright to OMG. So please direct managing your masterpiece, otherwise it end up 3 years old or shorter.

This sucks, this is the year 2016, don’t name it international if it is not. Thumbs down IMC Games.