Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts on this Offensive Sage

Could you guys give me some thoughts on this particular build?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2122277gee.153555.1f357f5a.11243a4a55.152535.11394a85a5

I thought that Pyromancer would give the best damage early on and maybe later, together with Sage skills.

I got linker to be able to mob control a little more, also to party support a little bit

Featherfoot is more for healing option, getting the HP steal skills

Then sage focused on damage (i know that might be expensive…)

QUESTIONS:

1. Is pyro the good damage option? Should I go for another distribution (maybe with elementalist involved)
  2. Pyro 3 is good/necessary? Does the 5 extra points in fire pillar worth the trade?
  3. Is Enchant Fire necessary to be max level? Same for Fireball??
  4. What about Thaumaturge in this build idea? I could trade Linker and Featherfoot for Thauma3… might lack mob control, but does it worth? Maybe, or 1 circle of Pyro and FF for Thauma 2?
  5. Any general thoughts on the build idea?

Thank you all! :wink:

Pyro filler pillar inflicts stun on mobs until the fire pillar ends. Recommend pyro2 max because pyro3 is not a lot stronger.

Featherfoot Blood Sucking is a channeled skill. If you get 1 hit, your skill will stop. Need wizard2 surespell. Without wizard2 surespell, you must use bloodbath to heal.

I discuss sage2 as a ‘farmer dps’ here

Thank you for the reply. Are the three damage skills enough? I mean… cooldowns and damage dealth… does it generates too much offtime? I was thinking of putting another damage class into the build because of it…

Your off-time is equal to Linker Joint Penalty cooldown. If you need more damage, I recommend sorcerer1. The summon will always keep dealing damage.

Sage2 dimension compression is a charge-up skill, if you get hit it will be canceled. I recommend wizard2 surespell if you have trouble dodging enemy attacks. Another option is to use the weaker version without 3s charge time.

Attribute test vs mobs:

Sage skills with attributes on wooden dummy:

LOL, just trade Pyro3 into Wizard 2 and the build will be good!

ah btw, i am once like Sage because the teleport… now there is Sage C2 that become your grab taxi LEL… the moment R9 hit, i am quit Sage…

Master Sage once tell me he need a lot of money to rebuild sage school… so he teach Sage C2 to become grab taxi and donate for sage school!

by using grab taxi, YOU HELP SAGE MASTER TO REBUILD SAGE SCHOOL!

1 Like

Dimension Compression can be charged while moving(which makes the skill MUCH more useful. I feel I learned that too late).

But yeah, based on my experimental runs, Sage 2 is decent dps as long as you can keep the dmg numbers going as it has long cooldowns.

1 Like

The new attributes and DC are incredible.

If you wanted a pure DPS build, something like wiz3ele3 would be great. I’m currently using sage on a cryo3 ele3, being able to bring groups of mobs together twice is exceptional–but being interrupted is annoying.