Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts about my dual hand fencer build

so this is the build i’ve thought about, is it good / viable? please place your opinion. Thanks

I’m not playing on KOBT, I’m talking from but from what I saw and read.

I’m not a fan of Swordsman C2, it has only 2 good things: longer Pain Barrier(it’s a must if you’re gonna use long animation attacks, like Esquive Toucher) and Restrain(witch at level 5 it’s to unreliable)

Gung Ho and Concentrate can help you level on the beggining, but they scale pretty badly at high levels.

If you’re going Barbarian C2, you should get Seism, it’s much better than Stomping Kick, higher AoE Attack Ratio, it can be boosted by Lunge’s bonus, it has higher damage and can stun.

I’m not sure about Warcry, I heard that it’s range is too small.

You should put 5 points at Sept Etoiles, it’ll be your main attack after using Attaque Coquille.

You should take all points from Esquive Toucher and place them at Lunge and Sept Etoiles. It’s a good thing to have it since it raises evasion, but at Fencer C1 you don’t have that much points to use all good skills efficiently.

Like I said on the beggining, I’m not playing on Korean Servers, so I may be mislooking somethings

Take Peltasta c1 instead of Swordsman c2 and you are good to go.

For Swordsman :
Swordsman c2 is not worth it because all the buffs scale badly at late game. Moreover, Restrain at lv 5 doesn’t bring much impact (almost close to zero).

Thrust has slow animation and but it’s still good to replace your auto attack at least until you have a Chronomancer in your party. You don’t go for Highlander c2 for its Skyliner, so Thrust is still useful.

Bash lv 3 is good in PvP for knockdown attribute.

GungHo and Concentration have bad scaling at late game, especially Concentration. They are good at early game, but you don’t need to max them out.

Pain Barrier is good in PvP especially against classes with knockdown skills (mostly Swordsman).

My recommendation for Swordsman c1 : Thrust lv 1, Bash lv 3, GungHo lv 3, Concentration lv 3, Pain Barrier lv 5.

For Barbarian :
You won’t need Stomping Kick that much and you won’t use it at all at late game. Use those 5 points for lv 5 Seism because it’s one of the strongest skills from Barbarian. So at rank 3, you will only increase 2 skills (Cleave and Helm Chopper) and save 5 points for rank 4 skill (Seism).

The rest of the skill points distribution for Barbarian is fine as it is.

For Corsair :
Jolly Roger at level 1? Better don’t take it at all. If I ever recommend anyone to take Corsair c2, one of the reasons is for level 10 Jolly Roger. It’s a great skill that increases drop rate from mobs, which is great for farming silvers and materials while grinding & doing quests.

Unlock Chest is enough at level 2 or 3. You will only open chests with the best items. Dust Devil is enough at level 5 considering it’s a multi hit skill. Use all those points to Jolly Roger and you are good to go.

For Fencer :
Esquive Toucher is pure garbage and the bonus evasion effect makes it more misleading. The long animation makes you VERY vulnerable especially in PvP (and you can’t cancel it). As @lalakoboldslayer1 said, move all those points to Lunge and Sept Etoiles.

That’s why he should take Peltasta c1 for Swashbuckling. It’s a great combo with War Cry because you will get surrounded by multiple mobs at once.

@weswes_91
Take Swordsman1 Peltasta1 Barbarian2 Corsair2 Fencer1
For Peltasta’s skills, grab Umbo Blow lv 5, Rim Blow lv 4, Swashbuckling lv 5, Guardian lv 1 (for evasion attribute only).

Why Peltasta?
Swashbuckling, the skill that automatically makes you a great addition to enter any dungeon-grinding-raid-earth tower party. You can use it even without a shield (Rapier-dagger works).

Guardian, the skill that provides bonus 18% evasion from its attribute, which is great in PvP.

Umbo Blow, for its knockdown and stun attribute.

If you compare which is better between Peltasta c1 and Swordsman c2, the answer is clear.

Hey Erokhi,

I’m on a dilema on my Fencer build(Swordsman > Peltasta > Barbarian C3 > Fencer C2)

I can’t decide between Helm Chopper 10/15 and Warcry 0/10 or Helm Chopper 1/15(just for the stun) and Warcry 9/10

I’m considering Cleave at 15/15 since it can be boosted by Lunge. And Helm Chopper have Strike damage wich can’t be boosted by Fencer skills.

What do you think ?

That’s what you need to consider about Warcry. Warcry is great if you fight multiple enemies.

If that’s the case, then I’d recommend this skillset :
Cleave lv 15
Helm Chopper lv 9
War Cry lv 1
Frenzy lv 10
Seism lv 10

More levels on War Cry means you get more bonus atk if you are fighting against mobs.
More bonus atk means all of your damage skills from all classes will also get their damage increased, which is great.

However, War Cry has 90 seconds cooldown which is a big turnoff.
Moreover, War Cry isn’t that great in PvP.
But what matters most in War Cry is the amount of enemies you are fighting against. War Cry at lv 1 already provides 160 bonus patk if you fight 10 mobs at once. I think that is good enough.

You can spend the rest of the points to Helm Chopper because Helm Chopper has overheat & it has much lower cooldowns (24 seconds). That means you will have more consistent damage with Helm Chopper compared to War Cry.

Wow, thats what I call detailed.

Appreciate your thoughts man!! Thank you!!

Wow!! That’s a lot of detail you put into. Thanks a lot!!
Do you have other build that I can follow? Because I’m still can’t decide what to play yet