Tree of Savior Forum

"This team name already exists"

Since I’m locked away from my main account for some days, I tried to create a new team using an alternate Steam account to try goofing around with some builds. After trying 50 times with “meaningful” team names, I’ve got “name already exists” responses each time. Considering the number of players left on the servers, I’m pretty sure all these team names cannot be taken right? Wouldn’t it be that the name parser checks for character name instead of team name?

in the end, I ended up choosing a non-meaningful team name :slight_smile: It’s just for goofing around anyway :slight_smile:

Few people actually delete their teams if ever they quit the game.

Nah. It’s really team name. It’s just that it’s so easy to make accounts in ToS that this happens as with any game.

There’s similar suggestions as well:

Actually, since the first day of early access my friend told me to enter a server and then confused and then decided again to play on Klaipeda. Just by waiting 5 minutes with the amount of people trying to log in I lost a shorter version of my nickname.

I also with I could change it to a shorter version that’s taken since day 1 >_<

2 Likes

People call me Q3 for short in game.

:tired:

I never wanted this.

6 Likes

afaik, you cannot delete your team. Even if you delete all chars. Not even IMC can (according to ticket LUL).

1 Like

I believe team names are shared across all servers right? Because i registered my username in another server first and couldn’t get it on the one i play or any other server.

I’m not sure. I have a friend who have the same nickname on Silute and NA. I was sure they made names shared across servers >_<

It is shared accross all servers.
The problem is that there is never a “purge” of old unused names. Some haven’t been used since EA or the couple months after it, after all :confused: But a lot of people have tried or simply just registered on TOS, so it’s difficult to get a name.

@LunarRabbit
I doubt it’s exactly the same. One character might be different, an extra symbol, or maybe even a space if it’s possible.
I know that it works for party names (can’t have the same name twice but you can put an extra space to make it work), so it might for Team names as well.

Nah there is a person on our server with the same name as the one in Silute.

1 Like

I can whisper her in both servers by typing /w teamname and the whisper goes through.

I have the same teamname in both fedi and klai.

1 Like

Hmm. It might be that you’re not allowed to have the same team name between servers in same geographic location e.g. no same team names in Klaipeda/Orsha (NA) and Telsiai/Varena (SEA), but same team name in Klaipeda, Fedimian and Varena is allowed?

Time to test~

So I made a new Team on Varena, tried to call myself a couple of names, they were all taken. But once I logged with a name that worked, I tried to add as friends the previous names I tried. Some of them worked, the others gave me “This Team doesn’t exist” message. If it doesn’t exist in the server and the names aren’t shared across several servers, then I should have been able to use it.
I don’t know, maybe it’s region-locked instead like vaporizer91 said.

I guess it doesn’t really matter, I still wish we’d get a purge for 12+ months long dead accounts .__. (Often games do that, while they don’t purge the ones that purchased TP)

1 Like

I fucking hate my internet, I explained the Server bound names yesterday but the bloody post failed to load

TLIWMTSFPA: Team names are shared between the same regions not all servers, example Klaipeda and Orsha are in NA so they share the same Team name database…

I couldn’t be DrRM in Orsha cause I was DrRM in Klaipeda

3 Likes

Yep, the team name is bound by region, not server.
which is why if you make TeamA in telsiai …for example, you can’t make TeamA name in varena as well, but you can make TeamA name in klaipeda …assuming that other people don’t take it yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.