Tree of Savior Forum

Things RO Mobile did (so far) that TOS did not but could šŸ”„

lel,

1. ever heard of bots also botting dungeons?
  2. ever heard of questing bots?
  3. lel, PVP cheaters are worse than bots. And you can probably also code bots to enter PVP

lel, we are not getting anywhere.

give em the silver, coz they gitgud and is not causing eye sores

Bonus : limited 3dun entrance and unlimited dc/vga error

good, but quest is finite, mob drop silver infinite
try bot rank8 content quest, hueheuheue~

lel, its a bait so people will buy tp ~ and also encourage player-to-player interaction

also another side effect, if u give people less reason to afk bot
server will have less utilization and lower the overall cost/stress

atleast now in RO Mobile, after i reach my 300minutes, i feels like nothing much to do

iā€™ll play my another alt if i still have time for it

going offline gives u offline exp (but not exceeding offline 72hours i think)

2 Likes

why you guys worry so much about RMT? except for spamm of courseā€¦
ToS problems are way beyond that. Not to mention the difference between buy a Token and buy from RMT is not much, so people prefer Token anyway.

1Āŗ FPS (Its getting betting better!, but need more optimization).
Then
IMC Decisions (the Practonium case show how much you worth nothing), Bots, unbalanced classes, add more eventsā€¦

this type of things are what make really difference. Every MMORPG has RMT, not announcing in game, but who knows google can find for any game. A MMORPG is made by content, gameplay experience and manegment, and that is what need to be better on ToS.

We worry about RMT cause it is the main reason IMC brought all those stupid restrictions to TOS.

[RESOLVED]

huehue

1 Like

good for u

but we just random forum people telling what we know and what we want people to know

any actual game engine/framework coder here?
dont think people study 3years game coding just to give out free here on forum.

tldr, about the optimization, we cant contribute much, TOS still IMCā€™s Intellectual Property

kekekeke

RO Mobile has no player-to-player trading, and the auction house is dynamic pricing
Yet there is already RMT selling zeny in a 10days old game.

huehuehue

2 Likes

So in shortā€¦ RMT is more important than performance. RO mobile can be lucky about 7% improvement, in fact.

huehue

2 Likes

I donā€™t see whatā€™s being hype for RO mobile back then. No offense, RO PC is basically similar gameplay wise, people simply being ignorant that renewal changed a lot of things yet itā€™s copy-pasted to RO mobile, and another thing that people only understand 10% of what ROā€™s gameplay due to them playing private serversā€¦

I only see ROM just a bit better with less cash-shop dependant at this momentā€¦ Oh hey a short and high EXP place like Siaulai but you need your premium activated lolā€¦

This is wrong, schwarzenegger and some others stated you wrong plenty of times.

Dayum RO hype fml xD

Speaking of which, regarding the UIā€¦ where is that TP button remove addon? :smiley: It makes my OCD sad with its positioning.

And whats with China/Korea and idle gameplay? They built botting into that game. .-.

Well, thatā€™s generic to Ragnarok Online, be it RO pre-renewal or renewal version, as the 2D drawn graphics never caused any issues (only server lag caused issues), and RNG was strong in RO.
Monsters nearly instantly respawned anywhere on the map after they were killed, so while traveling the map, chances were high to find enough monsters to farm exp/materials. Also, the biggest pro of Ragnarok Online was that most monsters werenā€™t endemic to one specific map, which allowed you to look for another map if the current one was not to your liking (to big, mobs too scattered across the map, too many annoying/aggressive mobs,etc.).

TOS tried to make Ā± everything different from RO and failed with that miserably, as excessive questing made the game a single player game, endemic mobs made it hard to farm certain items, mob respawn timers made this even harder, DPK restrictions created insufficience on items which are required to create only low tier gear that can be skipped anyway and made farming less rewarding.

Also, the change from cards towards monster gems was one of the biggest flaws, as normal gems slotted into equipment provide way more beneficial effects than just adding monster gems to it (only exception here are slots in the glove section, or some weaponry which can be easily swapped out via weapon swap attribute to provide better buff effects).
The bosscard system is quite ok in TOS, but far away from the utility that MVP cards/miniboss cards provided in RO (Ghost and Holy element [Angeling/Ghostring/Deviling card]reduced elemental/neutral damage, GTB card could nullify magic damage and effects, Kiel card reduced your aftercast delay e.g.).

Also, RO started with a very simple& basic design and was free to play for a really long time (2-3 years) until it became a P2P game on subscription base. Meanwhile even CBT costs money on ITOS and is infested with bugs and issues due to the game starting at Rank 7 with thousands of monsters, items and hundreds of attributes and skills. GG I say, they dug their own grave. They couldā€™ve started rudimentary like RO and brought improvement fast with new content thatā€™s been counterchecked and is considered bugfree, but they wanted to deliver a headstart to answer the hype.

Then the hype was betrayed by the issues coming with a rushed release and several wayne systems with strange interactions, causing heavy restrictions on players to fight the bot issues due to the STEAM-release, going as far as cutting off new players from registering/playing the game.
Then it went downhill with lots of unresolved issues while F2P content released made people think the game is just a cheap cashgrab where gameplay is 95% town fashion show and 5% action gameplay with TP ressurection items required to not lose your gems e.gā€¦

As I said in another post, every Free MMORPG its a Demo, basically the real game begins when people put money, then it become a Hidden Pay to play. For real, ALL the Free MMORPG are P2P in the end. The problem is not that this happen, but what they do with the money. This is Normal. :relaxed:

About the cards, I think what most ā€œpiss people offā€ is that there is no way to Block/Avoid magic in this game, unless someone take a specificy class, using specificy skills to do that, as Murmillo for example, while other classes become hostages of magic players/mobs/bosses. That is where RO card system is worth, but I like ToS MVP system too as field boss. I just think it diserve be less hours until respaw, because there is no way to compete, having to wait 4 hour for the respaw, and then dont see it coming, or when see it, other people already killed it. This need to be way better.

I think ToS have one of most cool options to the player when come to objective, since the player can choose: upgrade atribute, farm/craft recipe/equipment, awesome classes, farm/upgrade cards/gems/equipments, follow the story of the game, of just make quests, reach level max, do DG, do Mercenary Missions, do Earth Tower, and who knows what else.

The first problem of ToS is FPS. If in the game mobile it be better because have worse graphics, this already make way better than PC.
Seconds, the owner will not influence so much on the player life, specially will not ban people because his own mistakes, so its kind of irrelevant on mobile.
What I think can disappoint on Mobile is the content, not so well designed and so big as Tree of Savior PC is. But I can be wrong. what you think

OFF TOPIC

About Ragnarok
I loved Ragnarok too much since when I meet it, but there was 3 things that made Ragnarok experience go down to the drain:
1- You needed to use mouse to make character walk to everyplace. I always was annoyed by that. If it used the arrows of keyboard would be the perfect Anime MMORPG.

2- They changed the skin of Rune Knight, from a Skeleton of Dragon, to a Yellow Sonic. I DONT LIKED IT. But I liked the Oboro also.
Before: After:

3 - The publisher of Brazil, name LUG, was somekind of IMC to Brazil, people always getting IMCā€™ed. I think people still prefer to suffer with IMC than come back to LUG, but I dont know anymore. At least IMC is the owner, that is what is good.People was play on USA Servers with 300ping just to avoid Lug :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.