Tree of Savior Forum

The new patch is available. But no patch?

The new patch is available. LIES! It doesn’t download for me. Would be grateful for help.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

what i’m trying to say is that I can’t log in even though my client is updated…

Wasn’t really a patch, more like an update.

OK. I was trying to be funny. But what I meant was that Steam updates are done, launcher updates are done. I try to connect to the server, it says there’s a new patch, game will shut down and update but it doesn’t update… So I’m stuck out of TOS. Would be great if someone could tell me a fix…

Are you launching through steam or the desktop shortcut?

Primarily through steam, just tried desktop shortcut doesn’t work either…

Are you logged in as Admin? Stupid question I know.

Yeah I am… Even ran TOS “run as administrator”. Still no go.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Haha… one of the first few things I tried from the IT Crowd…

Does it just stick at “downloading 0%” The black window screen with the tos logo in the middle

No man, it shows 100%, then TOS launches… when I try to get into a server, it tells me there’s a new patch

You can try this with questionable results.

Generally games have a release txt that updates which version is latest. You can delete it and it will autoupdate again.

Go to the release folder of TOS and delete "release.revision.txt "

Restart the game, and let us know how it goes.

Done as suggested. Unfortunately, it updates and still the same problem.

You may have to reinstall the entire game. I’ve read that some people have issues with updates and incompatible versions. I don’t know if u have that sort of time/bandwith but it’s worth trying.

Did you try verifying the game files through steam?

Steam Library>Right Click Game>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity Of Game Cache

This is what I do before resorting to uninstalling reinstalling

Yeah i did. twice. still no go.

Thanks for all your help and time ezewong… yeah i guess i have no choice

Just an update, I didn’t reinstall. The client finally updated itself after waking up this morning… this is the second time this has happened, hope there won’t be a third.