Tree of Savior Forum

The musings of a Squire

G’afternoon all.

I come to you today with a question, one regarding Squire and some possible builds.

Back in CBT2 I ran a Pelt C3->Squire etc etc. Dungeons were fine and dandy (albeit, I only participated in the first one). Prior to that, things were fine. Swashbuckled entire spawns and auto attacked them to nothing, shortly after the first dungeon stopped giving good EXP, leveling became very tedious.

Enemies weren’t exactly a threat, but I could not kill fast enough. Other players were having a field day killing enemies I’ve grouped up, with little I could do to retaliate.

Now, I usually run around as a tank, and Squire’s ability to support teammates and make money is very appealing to me. Problem is, I have no one that I know I can play with to help me out in the downtime between levels that have dungeons I can tank for.
So, I like Squire, and I like tanking, but I feel like trying to do both will end with me dropping Swordsman in general and heading over to my Alchemist, since I can at least kill stuff on that while making money :v

There is the option of running something like

Swordsman>Pelt>Hoplite>HopliteC2>SquireC3, but I don’t know if people want a Peltasta with Swashbuckle 5, on the other hand PeltC2>Hoplite leaves a lot to be desired with only one circle in Hoplite.

There is always the option of running Barbarian/Highlander into Squire and eventually Dragoon or something, but I’ve been hearing Swordsman’s damage is laughable in comparison to everyone else in KR right now. Meaning the only purpose I would end up having would be from Squire C3.

Essentially, I’m wondering if…
There is a way to build a tank that can supply enough damage for soloing, while not being pathetic in dungeons but still keep Squire C3 (doubtful)
or
if I’d be better off running a damaging build to work my way up to Squire, despite what I’ve been hearing about Swordsman’s poor damage.

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond. It’s much appreciated!

I have posted a build about Peltasta-Squire here. I also went for Pelt c3-Squire with various stats build, but mainly full CON for late game back then.

Yep, because that’s all you could do if you chose Peltasta c3 from the start, especially since you went Squire which makes things worse.

Pelt c1 is enough, and then grab Highlander c2 for Cartar Stroke-Cross Cut-Skyliner-Moulinet. Skyliner spam is one of the best damage source. It works great from early to late game grind-dungeon-bossfight.

Swordsman-Peltasta-Highlander-Highlander-Squire-Squire-Squire. This is the tank that can supply enough damage for soloing, great in dungeons, and still has Squire c3 in it.

Mostly laughable except for Dragoon which recently got buffed, and 2handed Doppelsoldner c2 build.

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting. So with a build like that, I’d be able to survive soloing while still tanking.

Swashbuckle level 1 is still enough? I would assume that I’d need two sets of weapons, one 2h sword for soloing and Sword/Shield for dungeons.

Though this plan will be destroyed if Highlander gets nerfed ‘3’; specifically Skyliner.

Also! I did indeed read your thread. It was a good read, but it just made me feel more apprehensive of Pelt C3 in the end.

I know you want the bonus critical damage attribute from Highlander, so it’s okay to grab a 2h sword if you don’t mind swapping weapons.

Not level 1, but 5. Lv 5 Swashbuck can provoke 11 mobs which is pretty huge.

Don’t worry, it won’t get nerfed. There are more OP skills out there compared to mere Skyliner. :smirk:

Pelt c3 is great, but never pair it with Squire unless you are a masochist.

Oops, I was thinking C1 when I said level 1 >3>

Well, here’s to hoping that Skyliner doesn’t get unlucky or anything.

But yeah, swapping weapons won’t be an issue or anything (I hope ‘3’; )

I was losing hope at the end of Pelt C2 iirc, if I stuck til’ C3, it might have been a tad better but who knows. Could have been my build. (Probably was)

Thanks though! I’ll give this a whirl come OBT, alongside my Alchemist.