Tree of Savior Forum

The (instand) downside of some classes

Don’t go Sapper.

I don’t get people complaining about the most insignificant stuff.

You buy 100 poison pots from Wugu master, and they will last for weeks, I only bought so far 200 pots since I ran out of materials for poison (some materials from monsters can be used).

Sapper need lots of stuff I think, I don’t recall well now because I only played it at iCBT2.

Cleric tree, Diev need lots of wood for statues, Priest need to buy constantly Holy Powder for Blessing since it only have a 1 min duration.

In all honesty, this game turned an easy mode since IMC decided to go with the flow of players in FB crying about the most idiotic stuff.

It was supposed to be harder than it is now.

6 Likes

What you have described, and as Nirimetus has pointed out, is not a flaw, but a nitpick. It annoys you. You’ll get over it if you love the class enough, trust me. The requirement will never be removed. Nonetheless, thank you for your input.

1 Like

Well i said in my own post it isnt a game breaking issue. ^^

But i see alot of people saying stuff like “everyone is Ranger i want to be different” and then they see that Wugushi and Sapper need ammo while Ranger…well ranger just shoots.

And well Nirimetus sayd the same stuff i already did. “Buy” the pots which you need to farm extra money for or “farm” the stuff which means you waste time for nothing.

It is just nitpicking but honestly ? This little nitpicking changes the hero choice for alot of people. The class is fun noothing to say there but when 1 archer class needs ammo…then all should need ammo.

I am not a fan of ammo need at all but it should stay fair. <.<

You must understand that the need or lack of need for reagents is an element of class balancing. Ranger doesn’t possess nearly the damage potential of Wugushi, which can easily decimate bosses and large mobs. Same as stated for the powerful buffs Priests require reagents for. If it is about fariness, consider the following: Ranger requires no ammunition, but is substantially and objectively weaker than its counterparts which require ammunition.

Special mention goes to Sapper though which is… well, I’ll withhold my less than glowing opinion of that class. It requires reagents but I don’t feel it properly reflects its power potential.

Hi Dark,

You’re a new player so this looks big and scary to you.

Don’t worry about it though. You will make more than enough silver for it to not be a problem. Right now the silver looks scary because you don’t make very much of it, but you will make a lot. Even for people without shops/etc a million silver per day isn’t unusual from occasional rare drops or silver farm from grinds.

Tos likes the classes to have lore and be grounded in the world to make them feel more special/unique. And it works. I think it’s nice that some classes need to regularly restock on things required for their abilities. There is a certain charm to it that feels more real than magical abilities that pull the items that would have been required from out of nowhere.

Materials really arent an issue late game, maybe the weight …

• I carry about 3k of each wood on my storage so i dont need to visit the Diev Master everytime. It isn’t expensive at all at my level aswell.

• My Wugushi alt bought 200 poison pots from the master when i changed class, and just yesterday it hit 110. I did the advacement 2 weeks ago.

many class use mat to perform
ull cry if u flecther lol… need to craft many arrow to deal dmg xD

monks have to carry stamina pills in dungeon party, outside map there plenty of tree root to break.

Still better than going Hunter.
Hunter needs 2 character slots xD

I never really understood why they’d give pure support classes relatively expensive ammo type items. I don’t mind it now, but it was pretty discouraging at the beginning of the game to be completely unable to generate money and having to cough up 100k for every restock of stuff like dimensional shards and stuff. Given, you dont use those much, so it’s. rune stones too, since that class is uh…a…thing

though lmao im still living in the 300k tokens mindset thanks to loving to play stupid builds that make no money

I guess it might seem too much for you since you’re low level. A low level Wugushi doesn’t have high level skills (the higher the skills the longer the poison stays) and you almost only depend on these skills.
It used to be annoying to me as well but at higher level your poison kills fast enough and you have other skills, so it’s really not an issue (actually you get surprised of how long your poison pot lasts).
Also the items needed to fill your poison pot are rather easy to farm or pretty cheap (on the market you can find some at 100s).
Sure, I guess it isn’t really needed, but it’s just an addition that makes it all more “realistic”, in a way. Your class uses poison to attack, so they need something to contain the poison and things to make it.

In this topic someone made a list of the different items you can use and how much “ammo” they each give so you can buy/farm the items that are the most advantageous: [Wugushi] Poison Pot Material List
It’s old, but last time I checked it was still correct.

2 Likes

Well i will give the Wugushi a chance then.
If it is really just the early game then i have to beat the bad early. :smiley:

I got one updated list, posted it here: [Wugushi] Poison Pot Material List

[details=You can click here if you don’t want to change pages to see the list]

Items (19)				| PoisonAmount
---------------------------------------
Leaf Bug Shell			|	40
Weaver Feeler			|	40
Yekubite Antennae		|	55
Cyrstal Spider Feelers	|	55
Grummer Leaf			|	55
Bushspider Leaf			|	120
Leafly Wing				|	55
Beetow Feeler			|	55
Mantiwood Skin			|	55
Operor Thorn			|	80
Bagworm Shell			|	80
Chafperor Wing			|	80
Zinute Skin				|	55
Tucen Skin				|	55
Lauzinute Skin			|	80
Varv Feeler				|	55
Vekarabe Shell			|	80
Meleech Foreleg			|	80
Venom					|	200
```[/details]

Don’t go Taoist.

On a more serious note, don’t forget that there’s one more side to the game - wildly varying SP consumption. That’s another “ammo” that can turn the expense of running various classes on its head. Not that IMC would care enough to use it for balancing.

Thats why i cant stay any ammo system at all. All classes use SP (mana) by default…that does not change no matter what. And some classes need ammo on top of the mana consumption.

I mean why do i use SP to shot arrows ? Or what does mana do to my poison ?

Goldie said its an addition that makes it all more “realistic” . So in real when ever there is war or a gun needed…make sure you have full mana or your gun wont do anything regardless of your ammo.

So yeah youre right. SP is another side of the coin.

that money you spend on all your arrows i spend on all my potions

The priest master must be the richest guy in town.
I buy holy materials by stack of 500 (3x500=1500 unit per visit)

Don’t ask me how much did that cost since game release :joy:

I remember back in beta when there were no super SP potions and skills cost more SP the main Archer build was Archer3 Wugushi with full SPR because otherwise you couldn’t spam your skills at all. Now that’s a downside.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.