Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman Rework Suggestion

I just want my Super Armor and CC immunity or CC break skill

so there are no possible ways to dodge magic attacks? ( spells = unavoidable). it’s pretty painful, but yeah. swordsman classes really need reworks. it’s happening already. some swordsman classes are being rejected in grinding parties if u dont have taunt. jeez so lame. good thing there are some who noticed that this class needs re-balancing. hopefully. they should really change swordsman buffs like gung ho and concentrate and other passives.

If swordsman is given AoE provoke, what will peltasta have instead?:open_mouth:

1 Like

imho the devs may need to look at RO to get this balance right.

Assassins were often compared to Agi2h ±crit knights with people often arguing which class was better (particularly Crit knights).

The knight had a few advantages over the assassin: High Hp, Hp regen (!), ability to wear heavier armour.

While we have higher hp in TOS we do not have high hp regen which even works in combat and we almost certainly dont have much better armour.

Maybe swordies need a hp regen skill and have exlusive access to plate armour which should give i.e -30% dmg from phys & magical attacks and swodies pdef should also protect from magic?

Other classes should be prevented from wearing plate.

That have 35 Cd and cost 96 SP. And tenacity =/= CC immunity. You just will decrease the time in freeze or stun; also, only works on rank 1 status ailment.

This AoE provoke is not good as peltasta’s shield buckling. And peltasta need a rework to, so it’s fine have a provoke in base class.

Hello

Note: English isn’t my native language.

This is from PvE perspective. Those are my personal suggestions for swordsman archetype class (plus some ideas for 3 other classes). Numbers in attributes/skills listed bellow can be adjusted to be more reasonable.

New attribute or skill (for circle 1: Archer, Cleric, Swordsman, Wizard):

Defensive Stance (max level 1, toggled ability ON or OFF), 3 sec cast time, cannot be used in combat: decreases damage taken (physical and magical) by 50% , increases provocation when enemies attack by 500% (skills with CC would provide more provocation), increases HP ratio (to swordsman HP ratio), increases incoming heal by 10%, while decreases overall damage done and healing done by 90% , decreases items durability loss by 50%.

New attributes for „tank/support” archetype classes (attributes listed bellow are only active while Defensive Stance is ON).:

Archer - Quarrel-Shooter:

• Defiance (max level 10) - provocation is boosted further by 50% by attribute level.
    Note: basically it would work like swordsman’s attribute Provoke.
  • Shield mastery: [insert name here] (not yet decided what it could provide)

Cleric - Paladin:

• Divine Dare: (same as Provoke)
  • Shield mastery: [insert name here] (not yet decided what it could provide)

Swordsman - Peltasta:

• Provoke (not new, just moved to Peltasta’s attributes)

Wizard - Cryomancers:

• Intolerable Chill (same as Provoke)
  • Defensive Mastery: (not yet decided what it could provide)

New skills (all skills listed bellow can only be used when Defensive Stance is ON ):

Archer - Entice (would work same as Swash Buckling)

Cleric - Divine Challange (would work same as Swash Buckling)

Wizard - Luring Frost (would work same as Swash Buckling)

**Note:**skills could be placed to c1: Quarrel-Shooter, Paladin (i know its rank 4 class compare to those rank 2 classes but i couldn’t see any other cleric tank/support type class here that would be suited for it), Peltasta (no change here of course), Cryomancers respectively to archetype.

For swordsman.

To be honest i don’t have good answer for it but i know a lot of people are mentioning adding some scaling on damage skills for swordsman archetype classes and i will suggest the same.

Whole point is that other classes would be able to tank as well as
swordsman. It would unbind chains putted on swordsman to be only one Swash Buckling machine.Multitask class idea has roots from Rift online. I know some people might think its ridiculous for archer, cleric or even wizard to be tank but in game mentioned above it is working.

Constructive feedback would be nice.

Thanks for reading.

Like license system in FF13? But if this happen, then everything on the game must change; it wouldn’t be ToS anymore. And you would need change other things to make it balanced, like give a counter change that increases atk to all classes.

I have never played FF13 but you could be right i will try to come up with something else but not today (time for some sleep).

Different from other Final fantasy games, ff 13 has no class system. Instead, all characters have a license board with hundreds of squares. Each square cost a amount of license points and have a specific function: some give you permition to use a weapon and others give permition to use a skill or magic. So basically, you could build any character with the skills that you want, or just unlock all licenses. So, i could have steal, cure and use a spear for example.

it makes a lot of sense to have provoke on swordsman . considering no matter what path you take your gonna need to aggro the enemys. pelta would be better with some sort of defensive skill like a skill that boost their defensive stats while active but cant move similar to kneeling shot but a defensive version of it

I not gonna lie, guardian and high guard, which are peltasta’s main skills (at least should be) are pure trash. You get -50% of attack for only 230 of block… The first time i saw it, i throught that this was a joke.

Peltasta need SERIOUS buffs or a complete rework. And yes, i think is naturally have provoke in the base class, because it adds a unique skill to swordsman, like cleric’s heal or archer’s kneeling shot.

totally agree with swordsman buffs in general. how come all of them give negatives yet other classes buffs do not like archer , evade up, running shot all no cons yet high guard you lose 50% atk and crit (I feel that’s way overboard in lowering stats) then finestra with evade lose, deed of valor % defense lose ext, if its gonna be on swordsman it should be on the others buffs too

keep trying bra.
I like your suggestions but read the following :

1 - there is a 90 pr cent chance Staff won’t even read your post.*
2 - If we suppose Staff read this topic, there is 90 pr cent chance they will just ignore it.
3 - if by any chance they don’t ignore it and tell the info to the development team they will most likely tell him to gtfo because they don’t have time to even consider or analyse these changes.
4 - If by chance they accept to consider your suggestions and transfer the information to the business team they will most likely ignore this because it doesn’t add for them any source of income.
5 - if by ‘i don’t what chance’ business team accepts the implementation of these changes or a part of them, you will need to wait 2 years for it to be implemented =D.

I’m saying this cause there is 0 community management in this game. You can do w/e you want on the forums even say insults and there is no one to manage that apart from the flag system xD.

2 Likes

With this suggestion, you’re pretty much indirectly telling swordsman classes to go solo and yolo. The only reason they still need swordsman classes in high lvl grind is just for their provoke and not dps as archers and wizards outclasses swordsman’s DPS by a huge margin.

I went overboard with my suggestion that’s true. Like TacioDaito said it would not be same game as it is.
For now i will follow players suggestions for swordsman from shadows and strike with better preparations.

^^^^ Up ^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES, IS A very large TEXT WALL, BUT IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE GAME BALANCE, READ IT WILL WORTH THE TIME.

This mechanic is a change that aim to make the gameplay a little more complex and interesting, preventing the boredom. Basically consists in Power Up per time in combat. You start a little weak, but if you persist and keep fighting, you will be reward with strenght. The adrenaline trade the SP consumption for stamina consumption, reducing the dependency on SP and making the swordsman a stamina oriented class (even more than it already is). The status resist while running is already a thing in kTos, so i decide to take it too.

Explosive Strenght replaces thrust as a extreme low cd skill, and also doesn’t consume SP, making it more spammable and transforming the swordsman in a true melee solid DPS class. However, it damage, as well as most of the others skills, highly depends on your adrenaline level. If you are able to CC down or avoid hit the swordsman before reach the high adrenaline level, his damage and mobility will be pretty patetic.

Remember, those suggestions are only that. Suggestions. They aren’t perfect, so you can fell free to discuss or expose your opinion about it - as long as you don’t cause flame or make flag-passive actions. I did this topic hoping that the community could discuss healthy about the game balance and maybe this discussion or this topic would reach the devs. Maybe they will never even dream about this topic, but that’s the job of the players: Play, make a good opnion about the game, send the feedbacks/suggestions to the devs and hope for those feedbacks make the game better for everyone.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My suggestions are pretty different from this topic if you look close. However, you are right about the only-sword-base focus. Theres much more than the base swordsman class to change; i choose to focus on this class because it would make a more optimized idea than tweking every class; also, the base swordsman affects all the other classes on the sword tree. So its a good choice to start. (srry for my english, also i texting by phone)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.