Tree of Savior Forum

Swordman PVP build

Swordman and PvP can’t be in the same sentence, unless you are Cata 3, then maybe you can still do something.

if you want to pvp with a swordsman straight up go for a cata 3 lancer. Every build have already been tested a few times
its always goes back to the cataphract.
Now if you don’t want a cataphract you can do peltasta hoplite 2 corsair 2 dragoon 2, can be cool in pvp imo since dragoon skills can be used with 1h spear and finestra 100% uptime is pretty good
cataphract is still better

what about now?and the stats?

this build does not have a lot of synergy, i don’t see a reason to take shinobi at rank 8 instead of fencer c3.
Why not just go fencer 3 at rank 8? fencer got some good pvp skills.
i’d do 100 con rest dex for that.

i have doubts with a lv 10 coquille, you should put it at lv 4, save points if rank 9 happens since the best path after rank 8 is getting fencer 3, but it is decent now i guess, and add 1 point to flanconnade, it is still a 0 CD skill against cloth. also max kunai…

but are you sure you want shinobi as your rank 8? because of your build path, you will end up as Fencer 2 at rank 7 (the current level cap) which by the way, a very bad PVP class. You should make it as Fencer 1 - shinobi - Fencer 2, you get most of your PVP tools as Fencer1 - Shinobi like Invisible - hook, lunge-cleave, and coquille-kunai. Then at Rank 8 you gain preparation to double the damage of coquille-kunai. Although Fencer 2 is way better than Fencer-shinobi for PVE. I’m not sure about stat allocation, but what you suggested is good i think. or maybe it needs more DEX.

and remember as corsair, your best PVP strategy revolves around Iron Hook, so your actual use as corsair-shinobi is landing an invisible iron hook. also you can’t use keel haul if you turn on Iron Hook attribute that lets you hook 3 people.

But really, why not go sword 3 - cata 3 variant? best PVP swordsman in the game.

It’s not all doom and gloom for foot soldiers, especially if you go Shinobi or Corsair3. Would’ve been higher this week too if not for bugged rankings once again. So it’s completely false that you have to go Catagoon or go home. Can I take #1 spot? Highly unlikely, but neither will a Catagoon at this point in time. Important thing is you can have fun and do well at the same time if you don’t feel like playing Cata.

Back to back MVP:

@carence.lana

How far are you into that build in terms of class?

Kino 3 here, in 2v2 if there’s a swordy in the other team I know my chances to win are pretty high, if there are 2 swordies in their team, well GG, no matter if they are doppel + corsair (to get dmg + CC I mean).

Even in 5v5, corsairs tend to run and rush that hook asap, I just have to stay back to my team and use magnetic force to get a free kill. Don’t know about shinobis because in 5v5 I haven’t seen a single one tho.

To sum up, and just saying that from my point of view, almost every wiz, cleric or archer class can manage pretty easy a PvP against swordy.

Watch out for dethrone bro when r8 is out:)

That’s fair but I’d have to disagree from personal experience. Most of my archer teammates dread facing a good Cata with Restrain and I can’t blame them as it’s their hard counter (moves too fast, hard to aim). They have to rely on my hook or they’re the first to die without Ausrine. Against elememes, Kunai will proc Restrain from distance for the 12 second slow, and thanks to the increased hitbox of Hexen Dropper, I can kill them before DT touches me. Some archers are extremely difficult to hit, but most I can cloak and 1 or 2 shot with Kunai or Hexen. I personally have a high chance to win against a cleric if it’s just us 2 left for 1v1 because they end up standing in their SZ because it’s the logical thing to do against melee class. However, that allows me to hook at point blank, then my Bunshin clones will devour the SZ hit count, and I’ll still have time to throw Kunai with all clones for the kill. Sometimes this works with 2 or even 3 if they end up bunching up around SZ. These are just some examples.

So you see, everything is not as clear cut as you’re making it out to be. So many variables in TBL, meaning many situations where a non Cata3 can excel.

Here’s some action of Corsair3 kicking butt and ranking high.

IMO that’s not going to change much if anything due to the volatile nature of TBL. For example, what if my team has Ausrine, and the Drag2 has no clerics or CC? What if my team has Rx7 and Drag2 has no Ausrine? What if my team has a better, stronger Dragoon2? So many variables to come to conclusions.

Having said all that, yes Dethrone looks like a scary skill so I’m already thinking of ways to personally avoid or counter it :slight_smile:

Actually I pointed out in an earlier comment that catagoon basically the only viable char to PvP, while I don’t know much about shinobis.

I have only seen one shinobi, who jumped over me from cloaking, couldn’t one shot and got easily killed because raise is way too good against melee classes.

Of course there are lot of variables, depends on mechanics, stats (i.e isn’t the same a wiz built full con than going glass cannon), but as I said before, in 1v1, almost each class can manage any swordy class pretty easy (remarking again that catagoon is the excepcion tho).

I gave examples of my personal experience as well as evidence of my rankings and results when I was DPS carry, so I think it’s safe to add Sword2/3 variant Shinobi to that list as well, especially if they also have Iron Hook. OP is going Sw2>Cor>Shinobi so he will have some decent tools to succeed. Fencer2 seems like it will require a lot of setup, something not afforded to you very often in 5v5, but I think it’ll work wonders when he comes across those situations that’ll allow him to pull it off and sometimes that’s the difference between a win and a loss.

@sttr413 also did really well with his Hop2>Cor3, with tons of evidence in his videos, so that variant is another exception IMO. Of course there will be PVE focused classes that will have it much harder in TBL, such as Doppel, Fencer (current), Pardoner, and Alchemist, so swordies aren’t the only ones currently facing this problem. I do agree though that currently Catagoon is the pick of the bunch because it’s the most flexible of all swordies in terms of matchups, whereas my build usually requires some good support to get the most out of it but when you climb the ladder that support is usually there anyway (thank you to all you pro clerics!).

i know this is random

but man, Thrust lv15 with 100attribute is a killer… i can do 5k dmg and 8k on cri…

huehuehue

From my own experience having played 5v5 TBL with and against players with Shinobi in their builds, using Bunshin will easily make you an easy squishy target by physical classes, specifically burst/AOE archers and cata3 sword builds.

Like all other foot builds, CCs and debuffs will just easily make you useless unless your team has some invul/immune buffs to counter those - this means your usefulness relies on team composition which unfortunately applies to most, if not all, sword builds (yes, even with Cata3s at times).

I think you’ll have better chances in 1v1 and 2v2 TBL though.

Indeed it is a double edged sword so you have to pick your moments. However the recent change from 5x extra damage received to only 30% extra with the attribute make things far less complicated, often times allowing you to 1 shot people before they kill you.

You can go to town when you have any one of Ausrine, Rx7, or Spiritual Chain with a Scout on board for cloak. The latter has worked the best because you can very quickly take out 2 or 3 enemies before they notice, then hook the remaining for your team. Got a really high win rate this way.

But this applies to pretty much every class. CC can rekt just about anyone so proper team play is required for a chance of success. I do agree though regarding team comp as I stated earlier that Cata3 is more self sufficient. Regardless, no matter what class you play, a good team comp is important to succeed.

Agree 100%. I do slightly better in 2v2. Pirate Ninja is a really strong combo here.

using skill reset potion lol

why would i? im making another alt as we speak.

what do you want to see, full int Magic Swordman? will that entertain you?

you didn’t get the sarcasm i see…

u mean spend 88TP, try Thrust lv15… then 88TP skill reset again?

how about not giving IMC any more money?

(oh, i buy my character slot using Event TP, hue?)

oh buddy, i won’t even bother explaining :smiley:

1 Like

damn , that was amateur of me, falling to you bait.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8, 8/8