Tree of Savior Forum

Str or dex ir better for pvp?

WHAT would be better for pvp , high dex or high str ?

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/why-you-always-should-build-str-instead-of-dex-on-a-swordsman-corsair-for-pvp-and-pve/237054/8

1 Like

I think it’s CON. Swordsman must be at close range to attack while Archers dan Wizard have high damage and attack from range. They will most likely kite Swordsman in PVP. So the most effective way to actually deal damage in PVP is by surviving the kite from range classes and use the knockdowns followed by high damage skill.

1 Like

what all that is saying is just build balance into your character. If your build calls for str or dex then go more, not FULL 1:0 str or dex but get more of what you will need.

For example if you have a high base damage and few multihit skills then you might find Crits add significant value, but if you push crit then you will see diminishing returns and start to sacrifice gains that could come from Str. Stat wise I see balance as being remediated by gear, gem, and buff choice.

Example a dragoon with hop c3 will go more str than a dopple with highlander and barb. They both are two handers, but the goon has Finestra while the Dopple would not.

Also as a sword in PvP, I do not PvP, distance is a big factor, so you go high con, or make sure u have a gap closer that will allow you to avoid pew pew/ facemelt till you reach your target.

1 Like