Tree of Savior Forum

STR or DEX for SW - HG- Bar - Bar - Bar - Do?

What would be better for dps? full str and con?, or full dex?

. . .

Start reading this and do some research on the forum before asking such over asked question:

I read the guide you posted but can’t find a formula or an empiric result for what’s better on endgame, I already have a lvl 100 with 3 str, 2 con, 0.5 dex but I’m thinking of creating another one full dex for evasion and crits

You should never «full» DEX or STR without putting some points in the opposite stat and CON.

I have tried a full STR char on iCBT, with 0 DEX and CON, and it was painfull to level up. 0 evasion made every monsters hit me and i didnt ad shield to block. I was spending all my money on healing potions ans it was still not enough.

Going for full DEX is the same scenario, except that u will have easy early game (due to critical, avoids and gung ho) but once you will be higher level, magic monsters will rape you, and you wont deal damages on high crit resist monsters.

You are right, ty

I’m 100 STR, 60 CON, 25 DEX right now. Will keep it.

You should maybe stop increasing your CON right now, if you feel good with your HP, and put more points into DEX.

Ok so your main concern is a DPS build and there are two ways about it as a Swordsman class. First are you mainly relying on auto attacks? [Str/Dex - Str/Con] Or Skill spamming? [Dex/Spr]

Second you can use different class combos to make up for lack of dex like going Hoplite 1-2-3 which gives you level 15 Finestra [150 crit rate 30% block and decrease evasion.] Or the lack of con with Swashbuckling [Passive learned through Peltasta Master]

Now my reasoning for not thinking dex/str to be an effective DPS necessarily is even if you pick spr/dex without the str to increase crit damage, there are other factors in increasing damage especially if you will be spamming skills. One would be increasing attribute damages, second will be upgraded gears and third is the fact that you can just spam skills that could crit. I like to think of it as a melee mage that can crit lol

I am practically in the same dilemma so I am gonna share to what I’ve learn and what I will be doing to my build.

First of all, going full str or dex is bad cause it does not allow flexibility. As as swordsman, regardless of any build or class you are gonna tank so going without con is also a bad idea.

As @bephamoth has mentioned, going full DEX has an easy early game due to monsters have lower critical resistance but things are going to change late game. Going without DEX also will make you suffer as well in PVP and late game monsters as you will be unable to land a hit at all.

So far, I am doing 2 str : 1 dex build. I add con whenever necessary since I can get hp mostly from equipment that adds con and plate mastery. Might change to 3 str : 1 dex in future but need to see the situation first.

In future, in order to compensate for the lack of dex we will need to rely heavily on gems and equipment. Example would be weapon like 2H sword Flamini that gives 32 critical rate, 2 x diamond gem lvl 10 that gives 2 x 92 critical rate. Adding all those super expensive equipment, it will roughly gives about…50-60% critical rate to lvl 200+ monsters.

1 thing that I regret is that I took Highlander instead of Peltasta and I missed out the Swash Buckling (The only super taunt skill that swordsman every gonna have). Although Barbarian do have Warcry but the AOE is just not as good as Swash Buckling =( Also the attribute for this skill adds 25% hp =(

I took highlander as well but I dig the 2h crit damage bonus. I guess we are not class A tanks now?

the crit bonus becomes almost irrelevant lv 200+.

you get 50% more crit atk (so lv 200 you might have about 300-400 crit attack. So you do 200 extra dmg when you hit for like 5k with a crit…

Critical hit damage = (Damage + 50%) + Critical Damage.

We are more like secondary tank and secondary damage dealer in a party for dungeon run. Good for early - mid game for solo run but not doing very good in dungeon.