Tree of Savior Forum

Steam Page Countdown

The countdown is about 2-3 hours later than the announced time of 2 AM EST.

IMC please fix this.

Thanks

(I’m pretty sure Steam’s countdown controls when the game will be launchable through the client, meaning if the countdown is wrong then we will have to wait on it regardless of server status.)

I would also guess that Steam Countdown determine when the specific title opens up or not. But, we’ve waited for this long, we can wait for another 2-3 more hours. -hue hue-

Some of the countdowns might be weird because of daylight savings time and not all countries switch at the same time. Like I think American already has it while Europe doesn’t until the 27th.

It’s one hour longer for NA.

The reason being, they put it up to launch at 2 AM EST, unaware that EDT was a thing, so now they announced a 2 AM EST launch, but the equivalent is 3 AM EDT.

At least that’s my guess, hopefully @Staff_Julie has some insight and can get the store page fixed.

They set the time u.u

i hope they fix that countdown

I’m in EST and at 2AM the count down said 4 days and 2 hours that would make release at 4am EST. Hopefully they will either announce a time change to 4am or fix the error in the countdown to avoid confusion on Tuesday.

1 Like

Steam has no control of when the game actually opens.
if you have the client you have the game… when imc says they will open the server it will show up on your server list. steam does not control this.

True, steam do not controll when the game goes live or not. But they do controll when to change the “Pre-Load” button (which now say “The game is not yet released”) to “Play”. I would assume that if the button is still “Pre-Load” when the game opens you won’t be able to enter as it might still tell you that the game has not yet been released. Which I would assume the countdown decides.
Just a thought, I don’t know for sure.

you dont have to start the game through steam. just click the client

Shouldn’t you be in EDT now, not EST? Where are you from that still handles EST at this time of year?

From what I can tell it’s actually set to PDT. And will release my time at 2 AM. So it’s set to release 5 AM EDT.

@Staff_Julie, @STAFF_Ethan, @STAFF_John - Can we please get someone to fix it. The countdown clock is off by 3 hours.

Use this to check it - http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html, I figured this out a couple days ago but I figured the GMs would catch it. Be sure and add an hour at the end of it, the steam clock doesn’t count the current hour we are in.

Unless I’m mistaken, I’ve seen Ethan try to do something about this since it’s not business hours for Steam when we’re working over here. I’ll ask him about it on Monday.

6 Likes