Tree of Savior Forum

Spreading the Blessing of the Goddesses!

Greetings Saviors!

We are sure that many of you will soon be busy hunting after Kepa to be freed from their accursed bad breath. Those that have the necessary editing know-how may also be showing off their elite Kepa hunting skills to the rest of the world on the interwebs.

Laima be praised, you now have a chance to not only shame others with your elite skills, but also help spread the word of the Goddesses to the rest of the world while you do so.

Post a well edited video of you and your friends roaming the world and freeing it from the oppressively cute Popolions and we may ask for your permission to feature it on the Steam page!

The list of requirements and restrictions that need to be kept in order to be seen worthy of the goddesses can be read below.

[Requirements]

1. 1920*1080 resolution
  2. 30 / 29.7 fps or 60 / 59.94 fps
  3. The video must be 3’ 30" or shorter
  4. Minimum of 5000 Kbps bit-rate

[Restrictions]

1. The footage must be from your actual gameplay on Steam servers.
  2. You may only use unedited music from Tree of Savior.
  3. You may include your channel or team name at the end in an unobtrusive manner.

*Please note that we have not yet set a fixed number of videos that may be uploaded to the Steam page, but it will most likely be 3~5 videos.

May the goddesses smile upon you faithful few!

P.S. Goddess Gabija may not approve of your devotion to the other goddesses.

6 Likes

Just a heads-up.

I advice everyone to do that video shooting.
after

The initial wave died down xD.

You won’t even see a popilion … or be able to do funny gimmicks. As people will rush trough that area in an constant stream. Makeing typical mmorpg behaviors really visible (for the start):

• killstealing
  • lack of mobs duo high amount of players on tuturial maps
  • Zerg rush
  • dcing duo zerg rush stress on server

Everyone from ICBT2 can remember that first 3 hours timeslot. When the servers came up.

Not something we want people to see forever.
Except a short video of the good parts of it.
Fiming a zerg rush is always fun, as long as it leaves out the negative aspects.
(editing a cake or GM to walk before them~)

PS: I will hold this place for the video(s) i will submit here xD.

PPS: Gabija server name confirmed?^^

2 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan
Will videos created with in-game video capture system suffice - will they meet the requirements of Kbps, FPS and resolution when game is played in 1920x1080?

Proof that IMC does listen and sometimes apply our ideas

So don’t feel that your ideas aren’t heard by them,THEY DO LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY.

3 Likes

OST download link please? :slight_smile: /btw, I hope you know that I can make a video with crappy quaility with 5k bit rate, if my codec is bad. :slight_smile: I think you should write a guide about this in the post.

Like: First when you capture the footage, you should go for a loseless quaility , recommended codec here is : lagarith

After that, there is a program named zarxgui, which can convert your video to mp4, without much loss of quaility. Fast and easy to use. We amv makers are using that.

Programs for editing recommended: Sony Vegas , Adobe Premier. These are the easiest programs around here, and they have plenty of options with editing.

Question: Can we edit in after effects or no special effects?

The OST is in the game files in MP3 format already, not sure if IMC has audiophile-tier quality tracks, but for most of us the game files are fine.

I think something like this would be really neat to do, especially if the submissions are candidates for a new steam store page video instead of the nexon-branded, Hangul-toting G-star trailer.

I can feel the hate seething off those words.

For the nexon part, yea. I’m… not the biggest fan of nexon. But in this case it’s more concern than hate. Having a nexon logo in a non-nexon sponsored game (like the int ver) could lead to legal issues. The Hangul can lead to confusion, since if I remember it mentions an Open Beta on a past date (december 2015), which WILL lead to confusion and complaints, and whining, etc. And it’s just plain outdated.

Is this it?

Gabija best oven. Even Ethan agrees. Thus, legit.

I sooo want this. Please, @STAFF_Ethan? It’d be great for the audio quality in the video. …But I also admit I just want this beautiful music in the best quality possible

@nizidr It depends on your system and the servers status at the time. I had no problems achieving those requirements through the in-game video capture system.

@Athem @nuriomarayana As mentioned by @Qualna, the music found in the game files are good enough quality for the current purpose.

@Athem As for the specifics such as codecs etc, we’ll leave it up to the creative minds behind the videos as long as the end result is good. You may use some special effects but they must not distort the original feeling of the game. As such, overdoing special effects is not recommended.

We are aware about the copyright claims that some people are experiencing on Youtube and are trying to find a way to mitigate this problem. In the meantime, please let us know if you are having problems. You may also want to try using shorter portions for each song. That being said, using Youtube is not a requirement. You may upload to other sites if you wish to do so.

Signed,
Staff_Ethan

1 Like

Reserved. Don’t even know if there will be anything worthy to post here tho.

Also @STAFF_Ethan some kind of deadline?

Depending on how long it will last (two weeks? a month?) many of us would like to skip recording during not only early hype zerg rush, but also until first-second bot banwave lol. Plus more time = more level/content = better video.

Sorry for the late reply. :stuck_out_tongue: We don’t really have a fixed date, but are thinking of the end of April-ish. A month should be plenty of time for the initial crowds to disperse etc.