Tree of Savior Forum

Spirit - Magic Defense

I didn’t get to test Spirit Magic Defense while I was playing, Sadly. Does anyone know how much Magic Defense reduces damage by? Is it a straight damage reduction, % based, etc?

Hope someone has an answer otherwise I will probably have to test it during the next CBT.

1 Like

I guess spirit gives block penetration…

That it does. It also gives SP and SP Recovery but right now I am curious about it’s Magic Defense. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned Spirit and just asked how much Magic Defense lowers damage by.

But using that calculator at level 500 with 100 spirit it only increases Magic Defense a little bit compared to base stats so unless it is % based or scales really well, it might not be that important either way. Still interested in the answer though of how much damage is reduced by Magic Defense.

Hmm tbh, i dont remember now even if there was even monsters with magic damage, ah wait there where some of the bosses, but since i played archer i didnt put stats on SPR so i cant say for sure either. But on my cleric build (STR + CON) the damage reduction was big, even more after i +3 all the armor.

The only monster I remember having magic damage was Vensi at Nefritas Cliff :confused: anything else and I’m not so certain. Those Vensi did so much damage with their ice bolt :confused: kept having to go back to town to buy potions when I was fighting them since I couldn’t auto attack kill them fast enough (skills worked but I ran out of SP too fast).

The last boss of crystal mines does use 2 aoes i think, one is a laser=type that turn around under him, im not sure if its from the same boss but there was a black circle on the ground that do damage too, the crab on the second floor (I think) does ice damage with an aoe, some wrath-type monster on the same floor use a dark attack too.

Both pshysical and magical defenses seem to have some unknow mechanics that we will only discover with damage calculation formula in hands.

But the closest thing you can think of them is flat reduction, not %.

I think Mr. Dynemanti did some testing during iCBT here is his work:

Aww. I did see that earlier but didn’t think of just switching out Def for Magic Def in the formula but that is likely correct. Thank you very much Raspy!