Tree of Savior Forum

Spawn rate will be change

sources: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4de5fg/just_leveling_and_saw_this_in_chat/

2 Likes

Glorious, this is all I wanted to hear, that it is indeed an issue and not by design.

That’s all I wanted to know.

1 Like

jup, by 50% on all field zones:

1 Like

I want to thank you very much about letting us being aware of it. That’s a great news according to the fact that out of post is about spawn rates :slight_smile:

thank god, some of the maps were just a walking simulator lol

This is so sweet, one of the best change, i was so done of changing server every 10s

really hope the servers can handle this :grin:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

50% increase. So, instead of mobs spawning every two minutes they will now spawn every minute? Will still be awkward to see a bunch of mobs falling from the sky at the same time. The problem for me is that it does not feel natural at all. Somehow I think IMC just doesn’t understand this…

Cause ferrets with shotguns feel completely natural to see.

6 Likes

Well yeah okay, u got a point there. I meant it more like within the world itself. I just think it’s weird to have everything respawn at the same time. One big AOE and the waiting game begins again. Having a unique respawn time for every single enemy just feels better

actually, i like how it is. I like how rhythmic it is, kill them all then sit to recover mana for a bit, then repeat.

+50% spawn rate =D
/soon

What do you want exactly? I have no issue with them dropping from the sky or whatever.

Oh … Okay
I actually prefer to always have enemies within reach. Right now we can nuke em with an AOE, wait for respawn and repeat… I think that’s rly boring. I’d love to have to pull mobs together before finishing them. Right now it’s easy exp but not the slightest bit interesting

To answer your question with a few more details,

No, not all mobs “drop from the sky”. They actually took the effort of making a few different animations for different mobs. They are just a bit rarer to see.

• Some monsters fall from sky
  • Some monsters unborrow from the ground (ferrets, etc).
  • Some monsters (most notably the wheelchair pag) literally “ride their way off screen to their desired spawn point”.

And these are only the ones i’ve noticed so far (maybe theres more).

1 Like

Yeah, okay. Sorry, I didn’t really think about my wording. The problem I have with this still remains -> everything is back at the same time. Now one AOE and the waiting game begins again. The map will feel empty and lifeless again. Isn’t it better to also have some mobs walking around so you can pull em all together to then use your AOE? Right now it’s just camping for mobs and that is so damn boring. Yeah, it’s easy exp, easy loot…but it’s the most boring thing I’ve ever seen. I love grinding…but this right now is really boring

Every enemy should have his own respawn time (Like in the CBT) instead of respawn all together at the same time… It’s fcking awful, and sometimes can complicate someone doing a quest

1 Like

There’s a reason to make them all respawn together, and that is server perfomance. Its consumes a lot of memory to have individual respawn timers for every mob in every channel for every map.

But they don’t all respawn at the same times, there are “groups” of enemies which respawn together after you kill a certain percentage of them.

I don’t think the way it works now is bad per se, but may need a little tweaking, which they seem to have realized and are working on it :slight_smile: They could also split enemies in more respawn groups as well. (Say instead of one group of 60 having 4 groups of 15)

Smaller groups would be a great start… Add random starting points within a given area and this would improve the game a lot imho