Tree of Savior Forum

Should I go FULL DEX?

Hi guys! My swordsman’s build is Sw3>Hop2>Cors3
I was wondering if it’s okayy to go full on DEX.

I have a crit rate of 683 =)

No. There’s no point in having a crit rate that high if you don’t have the base damage to back it up, IMO.

Crit Atk/Rate scales off your base damage. Also, what are your high % damage skills in that build?

Pierce is weak, Stabbing is only 1.7x as strong as your normal attack at 15/15 and slower than just using DWA, and DWA scales better off STR because you need high p.atk for your normals to be worth it.

Is your entire build banked around crit pistol shotting twice every 33 seconds?

I was just thinking of lazy auto attacking just for farming mats

Auto attacking with DWA consumes a lot of stam and you also have to be reasonably tanky because you’re gonna take a bit to kill mobs with 50k+ hp, which is do-able with autos, but not as quick as you would imagine.

You would have to have high p.atk, but you would have to have high defense to sit there and face tank all the damage because you won’t be kiting with autos. The defense would further decrease your damage done with the new calculations so if you only have high dex/crit and not high p.atk, you won’t be doing very much while burning through a lot of stam and taking a ton of damage.

You’d have to be incredibly geared and buffed to make it work. I have a corsair 3, dopp that auto attacks and he bosses super well and can farm decently, but he also takes a ton of damage and isn’t really fun to mob with because it’s not as efficient as just 1-shotting mobs to avoid damage. I end up spending a lot of money on HP pots so I don’t just outright die.

its not as simple as he makes it out to be. The advantage of high dex, is a much better attack rate,and concentrate scales off dex and ignores defense. you will require a high damage weapon.
you 'll need stamina pills, exp scrolls or red ox if you want to go crazy with a dagger. in either case your high dmg skills will mostly be multihit.
you may need some str for acc.

youll probably need evasion.

basically itll be pretty expensive, but might be high dmg

crit attack is no longer flat scaling on everything, someone says it’s affected by skill factor, i’ve tested on a friend’s account and his quintain on a full dex lancer dealt 30k damage white and something like 72k crit.
If they actually changed it to scale with skill factor then both str and dex are almost the same in the highest spectrum of the game.
That said,

1. Dwa doesnt consume a lot of stamina, you can keep it up almost 100% with the flag and stamina pills.
  2. Dwa is a good filler but not enough to kill monsters fast.
  3. Dwa with a gun is pretty strong, but the animation is slower if you hit nothing with the pistol.
  4. I take 300-400 damage at most with EASTERN LEATHER (lv120) set +8 against 315 dpk monsters.
  5. 2 pistol shots with a full dex build and normal 315 equip deal around 100k+ damage.
  6. Just an extra, shinobi kunai’s and pistol shot cancel each other so you can almost instant cast 2 pistols.
    EDIT: 4.2) Since damage is log you can’t really go so under 300 damage received without incredible gear.

I went full Dex with a sw3>barb3>shinobi>murm(wish I burned my r8 on dragoonC1 just to have 2h spears but I digress). I went this route just to have a bunch of self-buffs and roll strictly basic-attacks. Anyways… Bunshin no Jutsu burns the hell out of stamina but it’s easy to keep up just by munching on cheap 30silver ea stamina pills. With or without bunshin, Double Slash crits for 10k per hit (20k per double slash), and barbs helm chopper’s/seism’s stun, bled with swordmans thrust, then Double Slashed adds a bonus 2-4k damage per hit. The fast attack speed with maxed Restrain makes you pretty tanky simply because mobs can’t act out of restrain (most effective vs ranged/magic enemies, your dodge rate helps with most melees(oh but I guess Finestra is going to kill your dodge rate)). I can’t say how well your class route will help you, but my full-dex swordy is a lot of fun. Concentrate adding an extra 1.5k per hit. Kunai hit for 5x 5k crits (with my shit gear), multiply by another 5 with bunshin.

Notes: I AM NOT WELL GEARED. I have a set of Ibre armor and that ice-damage shield just so I can survive in the higher level dungeons. In the field, I’m just wearing the Cafrisun set for extra damage line, most bosses it works just as well (dodging boss attacks is too easy). At level 320, I still use a +10 Trinity Sword because I like spending my silver on shitty cosmetics and attributes (Bosses die fast enough with bunshin and spamming double slash/kunai spam). I don’t like spending money on SP potions so I’m not much a fan of the extra attacks coming out of Murmillo.

m8 go full DEX and u will miss half of ur hits

I made a graph for it for raw damage calculations.

^^^Shame^^^less^^^self^^^advertisement. The more people that pick at it, the better it gets >:U

Check out the resources I used in the bottom for evasion and accuracy stuffs too. It’s not as bad as half the hits vs an equal level, but if they have say 100 more evasion than your accuracy, you’ll be missing 20% of your attacks.

1 Like

My advice is not coming out of nowhere, btw.

Take it or not, that’s your choice. My auto-attack character is a Sword 2-> Barb 2-> Corsair 3 --> Dopple, level 321. Using a Toy Hammer and a +8 Manamana.

Frenzy, DWA, and DoV are going to make a much more significant difference on your AA attack speed than simply going full dex and they will also buff your damage at the same time. Regardless, it’s not gonna be as fast as having strong skills to just 1-2 shot enemies. It is a lot of fun though and you can farm with it, but it has its obvious flaws. I use this character now to run 170s, although I end up taking a lot of damage.

Evasion is bad. It’s nowhere near as good as block and after the combat rework it does not activate very often for me.

People keep saying “Concentrate this, concentrate that” but keep in mind Concentrate is like a budget-blessing and it only lasts for a short amount of hits. I have 10/10 and it lasts for 22 hits, which will be burnt up almost instantly with a DWA build. You will notice huge drops in your damage once your shop bought Blessing and your Concentrate run out. Blessing will not last very long at all and while you will be beastly during its uptime, once it goes down you’ll wanna cry.

Concentrate does only have a 20s CD, so you can keep recasting it, but it’s not like you’ll always have that +damage when you want/need it.

i think your plan wont work if you’re planning to use your build on farming mats, specially if you’re going to farm 315 mats,you will rapidly lose stamina because of DWA not to mention that you have to walk around the map, it will take take time to kill mobs, you will have less monster kill per minute instead of getting DPK other player will steal the DPK from you even if you’re geared .i have a sw3-barb1-cors3-nobi and i always farm emmet forest i’m using 315 orange weapon trans5 i have 4.1k-4.5k pattack and my normal damage is around 5k-6k without any buff, i still lose stamina due to constant walking luring mobs for a more efficient way of farming and it only takes me 1-3 skill depending on what skill im using. if you want to auto attack you should’ve created a SR cuz limacon also grants u additional damage unlike DWA that only gives you attack speed.

Thank you for all the data you’ve given me.

I’ll test my build first and update you guys in the future =)
I’ve taken the account for accuracy thanks :smiley:

Deeds gives no attack speed now, they’ve put that effect on frenzy,
Also concentrate only procs on main attack and not other lines, so you have 30 melee attacks before it depletes.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.