Tree of Savior Forum

[Shinobi] Question: Kunai Damage

Kunai damage is affected by Main Weapon only or also by secondary damage? Thanks for the answers

I have a Shinobi, and dont tested it yet.
But I’m curious, why you asking that?

Cus some class like corsair.Those skills: hexen dropper, pistol shot, devil dust.Dmg out put depend on secondary weapon.I test it at demon prison F2.with out main weapon(i use durandal+8 no gem at that time and manamana+3 with lv7 green gem) the dmg i can do is lower only 100 per hit, normaly is 5300 and its for pistol shot.For hexen and dust i forgot how much i can deal but its also lower 100 with out main weapon.

Was asking so that i’d know which weapon should i prioritize in upping first for more efficiency

Main hand only, unless you’re counting elemental damage from Karacha, Manamana, etc…

@Jr.3ooze

That’s because those skills actually require a sub-weapon to use, and you’ll actually attack with them, unlike Kunai which has no weapon stance.

Yes i also tested this and found out that kunai damage is based on main hand, can you also confirm whether jolly roger affects kunai damage in fever? since kunai looks like a projectile type damage

AFAIK Kunai is still considered as melee even though it also has long range. Can’t say I noticed extra damage when I had corsair in my party. I believe aside from buffing up archers, fever time is meant to buff up pistol shot only.

it’s pierce damage i think.

IMC mechanics, though obviously a ranged attack, it was made as melee, thought that it would be a powerful synergy if fever time affects kunai damage though

others in the shinobi thread were saying that it doesnt have any damage type, but spear lunge debuff affects kunai damage though

Kunai does count as melee - proof of this is Dragoons Serpentine Debuff increases Kunai dmg.
Kunai does not cound as missile - proof is, that Fever Time does not increase Kunai dmg.
Kunai does count as pierce dmg - proof is that Spear lunge increase its dmg.

Im a Hop2-Corsair3-Shinobi - 2 of those things (Pierce and not missile i tested myself. Since there are quiet some Dragoon C2 it was not that hard to test out the melee part)

Also tbh. i think its better that Kunai is counted as Melee cuz its far easier to get melee multipliers than missile.