Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

i think doppel 1 would be better for that 3rd build

spin2win and you can pop Dov and Dpe just before spear lunge + trident finish for ez 777 + double exp and loot

I’m going to make 2 Ritiari. First one will be Sw3-Hop3-Shinobi-Ret2, second will be Pelt3-Hop3-Murm1-Ret1. Both will be shield users, no dagger skills for either of them. I also find it funny how Murm1-Ret1 is better than Murm2 is almost every way possible lol

I’m interested in building one for pvp, so I may just go with Rangee Po’s build that greyhiem posted,
Sw3-Pelt1-Cors2-Shinobi-Reti2. Tempting to try to fit in Pelt2 somewhere though, with the new Pelt2 attribute that’s coming.

@Pokart
I think gae bulg still bug as you can’t retrieve the spear without c3 dragoon.

Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair3 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop3 Corsair2 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair2 Shinobi Reti2

^I think corsair will be the standard build for dagger Reti to optimized dagger usage. Or else I don’t see any reason to wield dagger as you can just skip dagger’s skill. Both net skill also good at higher level which will limit our skill distribution.

I’m going with this build
https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134488dii.233555.14213545.1a283a5171.12287a5585.55254411.162a314a516171

am on a hard spot, cause I was going for hop-cata-shin-dragoon, but now I want to butt in reti somewhere or nya kawaii :pensive:

The translation on pastebin is not from me, I don’t know who made it.

Here is my translation:

The final retiari patch (on ktos):

Item for reitari skill (fishing net). Weight is 0.1 per fishing net.
Reitari class1 skills: trident finisher, fishing net pulling, throw fishing net, dagger guard.
Reitari class2 skills: dagger finisher, disarm, vital protection.
Reitari class passive attribute = equip 1-handed spear.

Trident Finisher Physical & Pierce
Stances:
One-Handed Spear & Dagger,
One-handed spear & shield,
One-handed spear & pistol
(one-handed spear is the requirement)
Cooldown: 20s
Overheat: 3
SP cost: 46.0 (+7.0)
Impale enemy with great force. This skill deals double damage vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. This skill gains 50% true flat crit chance vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. The crit chance applies separately from your character’s crit.
Damage: 1700%, +93.5% per skill
Attribute: % damage attribute.

Fishing net pulling debuff
Stances: all.
Cooldown: 45s
SP cost: 80.0 (+12.0)
Throw fishing net to root and pull enemies towards you. Enemies hit by the fishing net receive bonus damage from reitari skills and from one-handed spear pierce attacks. Increasing the skill level will lower the cooldown of this skill. The two damage increases cannot stack.
Fishing net disable duration: 5s.
Targets: 8
Cooldown reduction: (skill level x 2)seconds
Item cost: 1 fishing net
Attribute: reduces dodge rate (evasion) of targets affected by this skill to 0. Unlock at rei1.

Throw fishing net debuff
Stances: all.
Cooldown: 30s
Throw fishing net to a location to root enemies. Enemies hit by the fishing net receive bonus damage from reitari skills and from one-handed spear pierce attacks. The two damage increases cannot stack.
The duration of the net is halved vs players.
Fishing net disable duration: 2.5s, +0.5s per skill level
Targets: 8
Attribute A: reduces dodge rate (evasion) of targets affected by this skill to 0. Unlock at rei1.
Attribute B: this skill will affect bosses, with halved duration. Unlock at rei2.

Dagger Guard
Stances:
One-Handed Sword & Dagger,
Rapier & Dagger
(stance requirement is basically dagger)
Cooldown: 30s
Use your dagger to block Strike, Slash, Pierce type attacks. The buff cancels if you switch out of dagger stance.
Block chance: 50%
Maximum amount of blocked hits: 15
Duration: 10, +1s per skill level.
Attribute A: increase blocking chance of this skill by 1% per attribute level (10 levels possible). Unlock at rei1.
Attribute B: block Missile attacks with 25% chance (increases to 30% chance with maxed attribute A), when this buff is active. Unlock at rei2.

Dagger Finisher Physical Pierce
Stances:
One-Handed Sword & Dagger,
Rapier & Dagger
(dagger off-hand is the requirement)
Cooldown: 15s.
SP cost: 82.0 (+14.0)
Leap a short distance forward to impale with your dagger. This skill deals double damage vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. Deals bonus damage to targets when they have less than 50% HP. The less HP a target has, the more damage this skill will deal. This damage caps at a 350% increase.
Damage: 2451%, +171.6% per level
Attribute: damage attribute

Disarm Physical Strike
Stances: all
Cooldown: 35s
Attack the target with a fishing net and decrease its physical defence. If this skill is used on a character, you will fish away their shield and make it unusable.
Damage: 1866%, +130.6% per level
Physical Def decrease: 25%
Duration: 4s, +1s per level
Attribute A: damage attribute
Attribute B: this skill will also disarm helmet buffs (dragoon, murmillo)
Note: debuffs bosses

Vital protection self buff only
Stances: all
Cooldown: 50s
Increase your critical resistance.
Critical resistance increase: 50, +20 per level.
Duration: 30s.
Attribute: prevents yourself from becoming incapable of combat once during this buff. The buff cancels when this effect triggers.

My discussion of reitiari (follow chain of post links for all posts) starts here
View first post of krtos video thread to find retiari vids.

8 Likes

I will go with this build for PVP, looking forward to pelt buffs.: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133348dii

Maybe right now I’ll try another build until the changes are live in iTOS.

2 Likes

PVP build: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111338dii…3a4a55
block and evasion; alternate high guard and dagger guard
max pain barrier
cloak

The only issue I see is that it’s essential debuffs have steep cooldowns ranging 30-40s

2 Likes

I may sound stupid but why Shinobi in this build?

for cloaking since its pvp build

I don’t know if it’s intended or not but atm guardian buff reveals you under cloak. I will go with Pelt3 Rode3 Murm Reitari, a bit disappointed of Shinobi since last patch.

Any information about the quest to unlonck it?

any ideas for stat allocation and skill?? also wouldnt u lose all dagger skills?(just noticed u would only lose dagger guard at c1)still seems like a no dmg build…

You have all the Pelt/Rode/Murm C1 dmg skill i think Reit is only a utility circle for this build.
Shootingstar/Butterfly arent bad with the murm Attri.

Pelt C3 Hop c3 could work too.

Its sad that you cant get Corsair C3 with Shinobi and reit C2 …

1 Like

Thank you @greyhiem. Updated my original post.

Do you have any info if Dagger Guard stacks with the char’s block stat ie. it utilizes the block stat even if the character is not wearing a shield? Or not, and just a fixed 60% with maxed attribute?

Ahhhh so many choices. I guess I’ll just wait for others to try it first and see which playstyle will fit for me.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344888ii.253555.14213545.1a283a5171.19217f8a95a5.112a314a526571

1 Like

In a mass PVP scenario, which do guys think would be the distribution between Throw Rete and Pull Rete if you had 11 points left?

1.) 10 TR, 1 PR

2.) 1 TR, 10 PR

3.) 5 TR, 5 PR

4.) ? TR, ? PR (comment your exact values)

Would be nice to hear your reasoning as well. Thanks in advance for you inputs!

My build after reset:
Sw1>Pelt2>Hop1>Squire3>Retiarius2

It is my shop-Squire, was Matador before, but Matador without Hoplite/Fencer is one of the worst Classes in the game, so I reset him to be able to deal at least a bit damage on the slaved Saalus runs.
Also took the opportunity to make Basecamp level 10 for demon lord hunting-, guild mission- &raid support since the foods simply don’t last long enough without a highlvl basecamp.

Honestly, I’m positively surprised of how effective Retiarius is in the game, he’s far better than the usual Swordsman Class without having op attributes/mechanics like Shinobi,Murmillio or Dragoon.

Imo, every Swordsman Class should be more like Retiarius, creating an engaging gameplay that is fun and rewarding instead of whaling out your Cassis Crista and/or building the whole character in a way so that Shinobi can copy all skills.
This is neither fun nor engaging, it’s simply bad design and causing a lot of imbalance…

Anyone considered Sw1-Pelt1-Hop2-Cata3-Reti2 as a super mobility farmer with a shield?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344777ii.55.3545.1a293a71.3f5a8a65.1a254a55