Tree of Savior Forum

SEA server ping!

I’m at 8mbps and getting the same 190-200 without mudfish.

But some people get the normal ping for some reason, need someone to call them and ask what’s up.

Sadly I don’t have the patience to deal with their Customer service.

Hi, just an update. Today I just discovered something about PLDT routing and some connections under PLDT are actually getting lower pings than others.

Here is proof:
http://imgur.com/43WhYdq

*Here is a photo of a tracert of my PLDT under 2MBPS plan. As you can see it does not take route to some IPs that are below:

http://imgur.com/L3hmI3D

*As of line 9 and 10, this is what is different from my PLDT 2MBPS. Btw, I have connected to a PLDT plan different from my own. These tracert were done from the same computer, my computer.

All people experiencing bad routing issues from PLDT may contact them. But you know, goodluck with that.

so you mean PLDT could do something about it? then what should I tell them if I were able to contact them?

Getting 200ms from Philippines, PLDT ISP.

Hope they resolve this issue.

Well, I’m getting 4ms from Singapore. Don’t think issue that players from Philippines are having is on server’s side.

i test my ping last night when i saw the announcement and i got 80-90ms.
then i saw this thread where many PLDT users showed and said they got around 200ms which made me curious.

i did ping check again just now and this is what i got.
Currently im here at PH with PLDT ULTERA 2Mbps

Ultera is getting low pings because it has different routing than DSL.

1 Like

Most probably, you may want to ask them if there are any submarine lines in maintenance, else, you may want to request for re-routing as you are experiencing latency issues to a certain IP (SEA server IP)

is mudfish easy to use?

Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how it works when I first used it.

Its not bad I guess, works abit differently than wtfast.

Do give your ISP a call regarding this.
Unless it’s a total outage of service, ISPs are known to adopt a more passive stance on issues, they don’t go like “Oh, someone the other day called regarding a routing problem to a regional server’s IP, let’s now check our 4000000+ subscribers to see if they are experiencing the same issue.”

No. They don’t do that at all.

110 on both servers.

I’m in Brazil. Just testing.

Actually sent an email asking about it. If there’s no response, I’ll give them a call.

Also sent them a message, no reply yet though.
Though I’m not expecting much, they’re pretty well known for their incompetence.

u sent a ticket? /20 characters

Getting 200ms in SEA server as well, playing from PH. I hope PLDT or ToS will do something about this. I have no problem playing CS:GO which is hosted in Singapore, used Matchmaking Server Picker to choose only SG. Getting less than 50ms while playing.

same here, getting 200ms and my ISP is PLDT ugh

I’m getting 50ms Globe user here

^

It is your ISP’s routing to the server. Call them and complain.