Tree of Savior Forum

Rework Nak Muay's quest difficulty

Hello, dear GMs and Staff,

I came here because I believe I have a pertinent suggestion that plenty of players might agree upon. In essence, my request is simple: rework Nak Muay’s unlocking quest difficulty.

To start it all, I must say that the quest is interesting - helping spirits tormented by the cursed amulet and are inside Eimantas’ nightmare is indeed quite nice, and it provided very different tasks for an unlocking quest, creating new concepts (like the Dandelion farming and asking multiple different npcs for Asana). On the other hand, there certain issues that me and other players have in the quest that might need to be addressed.

1. First, the quest is way too time-consuming.
  • Everybody will agree that this is the most problematic topic. Although 3 of the tasks are rather easy (Asana, Dandelions, Love Letter to a lesser extent), there are 2 major “villains” in the quest: medicine and especialy strawberry cupcake. The sheer ammount of time needed for farming bright ellom bells and Red Meduja Essences is atrocious, taking each of them alone possibly much more time than what is needed to complete the whole quest for other hidden classes.
  • Red Meduja’s especifically are too spread out through a large map, with a low spawn rate, taking a long walk between each grouping of monsters sometimes.
  • Taking this much time shuns away players from the quest - a starting player that came to the game because of Nak Muay might be discouraged to proceed further when leaning the effort it takes for the quest to be done. There is a reason why there are so few Nak Muays around even after all the time since its launch
  1. Nak Muay quest is a “competitive” quest.
  • The abundant presence of character-bound items in this quest that can only be obtained when you kill monsters yourself brings forth a very strong competition for the quest, and no type of cooperation quest-wise or economy-wise whatsoever: for example, in Shinobi quest, all materials that aren’t map spawns are tradeable and can be farmed outside of the quest; thus, that allows you to farm the materials with your farmer character, or even buy in the market. In Nak Muay quest, you are forced to kill the monsters with the character you’re making the quest with, and working in a party towards it actually makes the quest even more difficult - which is kinda senseless, in my humble opinion.
  1. Nak muay isn’t as strong to justify having the hardest unlock quest.
  • Although strong in it’s own fashion, Nak Muay isn’t a “main star” class in the Swordman class tree (i.e. it won’t be the solo class responsible by the viability or main damage of a build like, let’s say, Shinobi, Fencer c3, Doppel c3 or Dragoon c3 may be). Although it may complement many of these “main star” classes when rank 10 and beyond hit the game (the low cooldowns from Nak Muay skills go really well with the bursty nature most of these have in the meta builds), it still isn’t enough to justify a quest this hard for unlocking Nak Muay - especially when it also don’t bring much utility beyond PvE.

So, what are the suggestions?

These are a few suggestions that come to mind when I think about how to make the quest more appropriate, in my own notions. Different players might agree or disagree, but these are the guidelines I feel would improve this quest the most:

• Raise the drop rate of Red Meduja Essences and Bright Ellom Bells; if not raising drop rate, then PLEASE greatly reduce the amount of them needed to complete the tasks (possibly, both raise drop rate and reduce the ammount needed altogether). Another alternative to go with those is to massively increase the spawn rate of Elloms and Red Meduja’s in their respective maps, so that it could be much easier to kill many monsters.
  • Make the quest-only items be shareable inside parties (that is, when one player gets a dandelion/bright ellom bell/red meduja essence, it goes to all party members instead of themselves only), and maybe make them be team storageable (so that at least you could farm them with another character you have, someone with more ease in this quest). Maybe turn them or replace them for a global drop that can be sold instead.
  • Add a few more maps (or spawns) where quest-only items may be gotten. This way, more people (or parties) could be getting them without getting in the way of each other (the remaining “competitive” sections are slightly more mitigated this way)

I know that Nak Muay quest was thinking of endurance and dilligence from martial arts, like what is said in the “The Lore you Know” post; but also, the quest can’t require so much endurance that it discourages players to try it or work together on it.
I’m only trying to see more Muay Thai fighters in our game :smiley:

5 Likes

They already changed it on KR (or at least in the test server), we are just waiting the patch reach here.

Instead of qItems it’s the normal materials they drop.

3 Likes

really??? OH GOD THANKS
that made me so happy to hear…

… but now my topic is useless :sweat_smile:

So is said rework introduced here already?

Im not still sure tho… and I am still here waiting :joy: or probably will have to wait for nak muay vouchers if there are any :eyes:

Does anybody have up-to-date info, please? We still have quest items in dat quest?

sad some cant appreciate the grind or put in the work

1 Like

there is a huge difference between grind something and fight to the dead with someone else cause the drop is 0.0001% and the non drops can take 30min in respawn and disappear if you don’t collect in time…

is like all the things people complained about on other quests was put in this one to force into buying the skip scroll…

am ok with time consuming, but not with time wasters…

I would be ok with 100% of the quest if it was cooperative and not competitive :rage:

why are 90% of the items are quest items, non trade-able, super high amount and super low % drop…

Simple to collect if you got 10Hours to waste, but as soon as other player(s) want to do the quest you all are fuck…

That been said, they are just waiting for me to finish the quest to change it xD and am a casual derp so I prob will finish the stupid quest in 2019…

Nak Muay vouchers are around 10 million. If you don’t want to do the quest, that is a viable alternative.

WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR!!!

You dare insult me, you :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If I was a pampered wuss I would be a nak muay by now :unamused:

I will finish the quest at my own time or should I say at the time I have free to do the stupid quest

1 Like

Yeah, this questline is beyond awful. They really should do something about this one.
I had a few issues with the flowers or medujas which I suppose are okay… but these ellom bells are a nightmare.
They have to be a 1% drop chance, maybe 2%.

I’d rather do Shinobi or Miko three times over again, before ever doing this one again. I don’t know what the big deal was about designing it to be about 4 times more tedious than the other hiddens.

1 Like

less, I got unique equipment and their gem in the time it took me to collect 15 of the bloody thing…

if it was the normal item I would be nak muay lvl 15 and talking about the next rank instead of this atrocity :expressionless:

thankfully I had good people around during most of it…

EDIT: SORRY I HAD TO DO IT…

it was too perfect not to…

The joke will expire when the quest change patch hits itos, so at least that Dev/staff member with expiration fetish will also be happy :smiley:

1 Like

OK @STAFF_No I finish the dumb quest and am nak muay, you can disable Torture mode and activate Baby Mode on next part :wink: