Tree of Savior Forum

Remove all stat giving items/bonuses from the cash shop

It means with their current system, they wont grow as far as those big names out there. LOL is not MMORPG. Lets say if IMC want to compete against WoW, FFXIV, , ESO why would they emulate Path of Exile as an example? I can bet only free players are playing there, means path of exile is not very profitable at all, that would in turn snowball into development of the game.

Doesnā€™t matter if lol isnt a mmorpg i just used it as an example of a game with a big playerbase.

If the game was unsuccessful it would be shut down and they wouldnā€™t be expanding the game. You donā€™t need be as big as those games you mentioned to be successful.

Itā€™s not that I would mind if TOS went b2p or p2p, but it seems IMC is set on the F2P model and if the game goes P2W I will quit. I donā€™t speak for everyone, but Iā€™m sure many people agree with me.

1 Like

Go quit now to save you the trouble and go back to Path of Exile. TOS is already like that, and it will become more apparent as this game goes on, thats to be expected.

Are you joking? The game gives out more expansions and DLC then most of the other ones togheter, that is proof enough on how good their earnings are without having a single P2W element in the game

Give me proof that path of exile is more profitable than FFXIV or WOW alike if you really think their business model is more superior. I can bet majority dont play because they want to be looking kawaii or cool than the rest. It is always the content, people dont mind paying as long as the contents are good and interesting. How can you support that if your income comes from cosmetics alone? You get what you pay for. The bigger your investment from the game the more profit you want in return. TOS maybe like that, thats why they want source of income other than cosmetics.

AND that is why the game is alread dead in korea and a lot of the playerbase is leaving now for the international version because the game even launched.

As i already saidā€¦ itā€™s NOT speculation about how BAD the ToS game system is, itā€™s already proved since itā€™s already been sued, with this very same game, in other parts of the world and IT DOES NOT WORK

1 Like

Donā€™t stress on the small details. I could have used any big mmorpg in place of LoL to make my point. I know its not an mmorpg. I only mentioned LoL because it had a big playerbase.[quote=ā€œGringe, post:20, topic:154221ā€]
You donā€™t need to have as many players as league of legends or WoW to be successful.
[/quote]

Amount of players.

Yes, you said mmorpg, but the keyword was big. Can you be a big mmorpg without a big playerbase? No. Do they make more money because of a big playerbase? Yes. Can you still be successful without a big playerbase? Yes. That was my point.

I think Iā€™ll give the game a chance. This game is not P2W yet, but it could end up that way. Especially when people like you make comments saying you cant make enough money by staying F2P and just selling cosmetic items. I donā€™t mind the tokens and small xp boosters. Just no P2W equipment with huge stats that wipe the floor with F2P stuff.

It is only for ā€œdeadā€ for vocal minority like you. Being in the top 30 is still good considering how clusterfuck korean online games are. Compare that to path of exile youll see the big difference. If we can assume the rank of path exile into korean online games rankings it would be 300+, doesnt comes close to TOS at all. So why use Path of Exile as an example if you want to succeed more?

Those hats may not be extreme for P2W items but it is pay to win ā€œitemā€ by technicallity, which goes against the mantra of Path of Exile. Playing this game while ignoring that fact is just hypocritical if i say.

Iā€™m done with you. This is becoming annoying. Itā€™s like my words are going right over your head and we keep going in circles. Maybe youā€™re just trying to troll me.

You can reply back if you want, but the last thing Iā€™ll say is its not all about maximizing profits and you donā€™t need to be one of the highest profiting games to be considered successful.

Bigger profits equals to bigger development in the game. Thats why if you invest more to science in real life, the bigger their findings is, same goes to big companies or nations out there. You can argue the fact that it is not 100% sure that TOS maybe sucessful if you give it more money but the fact also remains that chaces are highly likely compare to smaller investment in the game.