Tree of Savior Forum

[Rank 8] This powercreep is absolutely ridiculous

Although it seems nice and exciting that we see r8 classes dealing tons of damage, this is hurting the game more in the long run. Initially, i was planning to make a new thread to post this, but ill just bump this thread instead.

The power gap between r8 and r1-r7 is HUGE. This leads to:

• STR and INT becoming less relevant for most skills due to the high base damage. 700 STR wont add much to the total damage youre dealing. So the best physical build? Go all DEX, just crit all the way. No need for STR unless you can crit efficiently.

• r1-r6 becoming less relevant. ToS having 80 classes? Nope. Its just whatever number of r8 classes this game has.

• Less build diversity. Since r1-r6 doesnt mean much anymore, people would prefer to go support/cc or classes that utilize % in some way up to r7.

• Lower rank skills are not even worth the sp to cast with how good r8 skills are (ex. damaging skills).

• Now people are forced to take r8 classes because your build going to be ■■■■ if you dont.

I know there are few exceptions like Taiost and Murmillo benefiting lower rank classes. But yeah, few.

A possible solution is to balance out skills from r1-r8 so that their base damage wont be significantly different. However, for every rank, you get an overall physical and magic damage bonus, like 100% for each rank and 800% at rank 8?

For example:

rank1 skill base damage = 100
rank2 skill base damage = 105
rank3 skill base damage = 110
rank4 skill base damage = 110
rank5 skill base damage = 115
rank6 skill base damage = 120

Since you are already r6, you’ll get a base damage bonus of 600% to all of your skills. So now

rank1 skill base damage = 600
rank2 skill base damage = 630
rank3 skill base damage = 660
rank4 skill base damage = 660
rank5 skill base damage = 690
rank6 skill base damage = 720

This way, you make lower rank skills still viable and hence promotes more build diversity.

2 Likes

why do people keep saying PD remove buff is going to be strong?

did u see the mess that is melee?

what CC do PD actually have to make someone stand still to melee them with buff removal? just walking close to the target is going to be a nightmare!

1 Like

PVP was broken with 1shot builds dominating at R7, I don’t know why people think it’s not going to be worse at R8, damage has increased MUCH faster than hp pools or defensive equipment options.

PVP players are less than 5% of the game, they’re not focused on it as a priority.

What they’re missing is that so few people are playing PVP because it’s not very fun to play in is current state, and it won’t be more fun to play when R8 drops making more things 1shot.

@imperidal has an interesting suggestion but I don’t see how it would work fairly for players joining pvp at R5 compared to R7. A better system would be to better scale base damage to player level, this would then auto scale all ranks to 200.

With that said later ranks SHOULD be stronger than earlier ranks too, or it takes away from the power fantasy.

Honestly I think some serious nerfs to overpowered 1shot moves is just necessary, and an increase in the base 50% damage reduction would be great. Things that are currenly unaffected by the base 50% damage reduction should also be fixed, like Fletcher Broadhead bleeding.

I agree. For PvP, the bonus damage rank would not be suitable. But we could have a same fixed damage bonus for all instead.

Scale to player level seems to be a plausible option too but giving damage bonus after gaining rank would give a sudden spike in power increase and hence give a player a sense of becoming much stronger after advancing. That would be more exciting, imo.

Later ranks should definitely be stronger but not OP like we have now. Otherwise for people trying to make a build something like:

Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Krivis C3 (not utilizing rank 5 classes and above)

Would still be possible and not discouraged.

As for the current state of PvP, it is as you say, its messed up lol.