Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Gameplay Videos from Korea - (closing soon)

Kino Chrono is more PvP oriented than CryoChrono. Kino at PvE is really bad.

As Rank 8 Update is approaching iToS, I will slow down this thread.
Will still post some vids however we will be able to test r8 at iToS soon.

Reposting vids:
-Corsair3 Shinobi vs mob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80DvAJlvTQ&feature=youtu.be
Hakkapalle skill intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adtc4SZqpDY&feature=youtu.be
Falconer3 party vs mob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v58vcPxFwTs&feature=youtu.be
A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88D6lXWVVYo&feature=youtu.be

PvP
Taoist vs mergen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6__nfRbpP-I

Will search kr forums soon.

@yurichalps For Musket skills.

3 Likes

Hey guys, is there any confirmation on which skills Butt Stroke attrbute actually increases the damage? Is it Musk only? Any missile?

@greyhiem

A friend just pointed me out something: Dopplesoelder videos that poped out lately, shouldnā€™t dopplesoelder be considered one of the top aoe sustained and even burst damage of rank 8? Specially Iā€™f they go high3 and barb1?

They seem really strong ā€¦ punish damage is to the roofā€¦ cyclone itā€™s Beast and early classes boost so much their damage ā€¦

What do u think? Well comparing it to he other meta onesā€¦

Also it seems that by the way their skills work, specially cyclone ā€¦ they might also become speed grinders ā€¦ solo Farming I meanā€¦

Thanks

EDIT: the point is that my friend was in doubt about wich swordsman build was the best for rank 8. Specially and mostly for PVE ofc ā€¦ and I pointed out dragoon, but now I have my doubts ā€¦ enlighten me :wink:

New Fencer videos, all by the same player. (Hoplite Barb Fencer)

Fencer Earth Tower 1-5F

More Manticen obliteration using Epee + Prep + Sept

Murmillo 5vs5 PvP:

@Kashon
ToS is slowly getting more silver & gear-dependant (especially at r8).
You need high %enhance attribute + high transcendent weapons and every class will be viable/strong.

Your friend should decide which type of weapon is most enjoyable.
Sword, shield, spear, 2H spear/sword? Mounted or unmounted.

Doppel3 Cyclone is pretty good, and punish range is really big however it requires a knocked down enemy. You could try the gimmick Deeds + mushroom to boost damage more. Going doppel3 will give you access to rank9 class. Most doppels are highlander/barb -> doppel (2H sword crit boost, cleave debuff).

Dragoon2 has serpentine debuff (still 10s), which is a huge boost to damage. Dethrone has huge range and damage, and is very difficult to dodge at PvP. It may backfire vs revenged7fold. Dragoon2 will probably go dragoon3 at rank9. I have seen hoplite dragoons, and cataphract dragoons.

Lancer is mainly a PvP choice.

Fencer3 is about the crits. Rapier durability is still bad.

A strong Strike damage burster is Murmillo Shinobi. Most are pelt2 rode3 shinobi murmillo. KToS shinobi clone will copy rode3 shooting star for impressive burst (after debuffing - high kick, slightering etc.).

Templar2 guildmaster?

I think you should ask @SlyGoat for more about doppel3 since he knows.

1 Like

just wondering why people take pel2 instead something like highlander or barb (exp highlander).
they get cartar stroke or helm chopper that way.

Fencer 3 vs Dragoon 2, which one will deliver the better DPS overall in a long battle? IDK since your first post indicates that Dragoon 2 is still the #1 WB hunter, but most videos proves otherwise.

Most on vids*, correction.
The shinobi clones will copy Umbo blow + Rim blow of peltasta,
Activating high Guard (pelt2) + attribute for umbo blow + rimblow for extra damage.

oh right, i forgot that high guard attribute.

Would you say not going Thaumaturge 1 and instead going Wizard C3 -> Linker C3 -> Featherfoot C2 (Full Con) be considered gimping myself hard? Not a huge fan of using Transpose despite being able to use bloodsucking to get the hp back.

Going full INT is difficult to level (low HP).
Going full CON is difficult to level too (low damage).

INT receives +10% per rank bonus, so in the end you will have more INT if you decide to transpose int->con -> heal up -> levitate & blood curse nuke.
I havenā€™t seen vids of Featherfoot using the kundela slash at all, FF2 is all about blood curse nuke. Since the strength of the skill is %HP based, going full INT transpose -> CON will be stronger.

You should mind your preference. If you like to PvP, transpose int -> CON -> bloodsucking is really difficult, likely you will be dead before you can pull off blood curse.

Itā€™s best to ask @ellyr and others at the featherfoot thread:

1 Like

It is very gear and %attribute dependant, and the armour type of the boss too. +party support.
I will have to read more on forum before I can give you a final answer.

someone got a oracle 3 vid? o.o

Is taoist priest a really expensive path?

@greyhiem What do you think about wiz3-linker2-RC-Wl2? Since rune of destruction scales well with magic attack (400% + 2682). Or is must have more link hit count (150 for linker3)?

@greyhiem Thanks for ur helpā€¦ also, is high guard boost and also the helmet from murmillo boost neglected by the clones in shinobi? IvĆŖ read some where that they donā€™t benefit from the damage boost wich is the main point ā€¦

@SlyGoat Kindly help me get the pros and cons of Dopplesoelder 3 vs Dragoon 2? Trying to help a friend decide wich swords class to go, even shinobi Iā€™d itā€™s viable he will go, we wants high damage, ability to farm alone ( at endgame, not leveling ), and quick dungeon and boss clear if possible ( this goes into the farm alone and efficiently thing ) ā€¦ Also, if dopplesoelder itā€™s the awnser, would u advice pel1 with high 3 or barb 1 with high 3? ( or anything else? )

Thanks

just wanted to quote this one, it does require ā€˜knockdownedā€™ enemy to be able to use it and deal damageā€¦ however, you can actually use the Skill mid-air. (via jumping) but it doesnā€™t deal damage.

The big question is the New attribute for Punish (AoE). does it require a target to be able to Splash its damage? or Skill execution is enough to do the AoE Attribute?

If someone can test this.

yeah, some skills cost up to 10k silver to use

Right now it looks like Dragoon2 and the unfortunate answer to ā€œwhyā€ is just that Dragoon2 is better than Doppel3 at everything. More damage, lower cooldowns, really strong party synergy because of debuffs and gae bulg, and itā€™s only a C2 class meaning it can only get stronger with C3 while Doppel is at its peak now and its peak is underwhelming.

Plus, the common Dragoon2 build will have Doppel1 in it anyway, so you still get level 5 Cyclone and DoV, and Double Pay for the occasional loot boost and double exp gains from mission bosses. The main reasons to go Doppel2-3 are really more levels of Cyclone and DoV, so right from the start you get the best Doppel skills with minimal investment.

As to why Doppelā€™s damage pales in comparison to Dragoon and why Doppelā€™s C1 skills continue to be the strongest skills it has even in C3: fake multihits. Cyclone is a true multihit that does a ton of damage and has a nice wide hitbox + mobility so you can land the damage consistently. Doppelā€™s C2 skills were underwhelming, and the attributes they get in C3 donā€™t actually provide a shitload of extra hits the way they say they do, the displayed damage is just split between more lines. For some reason IMC has a fetish for fake multihits in rank 8.