Tree of Savior Forum

Pretty clear why the game barely gets new players now

For me , goddess patch is a big mistake . Changing gear progress from team base to char base and lack of enchantment material obtained from raid easily cause player to feel burnout. Furthermore , reducing silver drop from cm/ds kill costume collecting players as they don’t have enough budget to buy things from the market.

Non-stop adding new gears is a barrier for new/return players . With ep14 , we have goddess accessories and (RNG) earring and I am certain we will have more gears as IMC plan to add new raid every 2-3 months.

Not to mention regarding sv issue , this game requires a good ping due to hack-and-slash game style but we always have sv issue every week , or everyday.

I think it failed because of the late game content. They bring everyone to stick only at raids which should be only a part of your journey (and killed the exploration side of the game) //this failed a chance for returnees and new coming players. :tired:

Yeah, I get you, I used to come back to ToS Precisely because of this, but I think it was until I hit lvl 200 few years ago, that I had so many bonuses, so many rewards, so much help and popiup messages, that I quit, now the whole enhancement system is different too even, and they force you to start endgame.

They simply don’t get that all the previous content to story 12-1 is basically uninteresting and unuseful content right now? They can’t realize that they literally are shitting on their own game?

Early game feels amazing, you let yourself feel just how weak and noob you are, when you start with OP stats and having numbers everywhere, you barely realize what you’re doing in order to damage monsters and survive, at some point on story 13-1, you start getting your ass handled because monsters that are less level than you apparently hit harder than you can take AND YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHY.

They seriously need to cut all this crap, go back to the roots, YES, KEEP GIVING BOOST ITEMS, but focus on early game content ONLY damn.

I don’t know if this is true, but apparently every statue you discover gives you a stat point, do they not realize that if a player is sickened by their bullshit even before starting to explore, because they realize how ■■■■ of a game it is and that nobody is going to accompany them to explore, everyone just leaves without even realizing what’s going on?

New players need to be lvl 1, boost them if you want, we don’t care, to level 470 even if you want, BUT LOCK CONTENT BY PROGRESS LEVEL. Do not allow me to do End Game Quests as a newcomer, that’s just retarded.

It’s too far down the hole to even try to turn this game into an RPG again. All the things you talked about, creating a bond with your character, having the sense of progressing, learning along the way, we can all forget about it. It is just beyond fixing.

This an Errand game. A sort of glorified mobile game. You do the extra mini content to get the things you need for the rankings and that’s it.

What are the mini contents here?
DSCM - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Res Sacrae Dun - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Memory of Flame - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Challenge mode - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Bernice - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Heroic Tale - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Does it sound familiar? I’m sure you played a mobile game before.

Although the new raid is kinda fun, there is just nothing to do in this game. Except - kill waves of mobs and bosses get rewards for gear

Unless you enjoy suffering and call Bounty Hunts and Archeology Missions ‘Exploration’ , there is none in this game.

It is an RPG no longer, so yeah hence 460 jump card

I feel so sad for this game, everything in it is so pretty and colorful but… the devs dont seem to care for the game and the players any more… back then, it was so fun… and now, it is just a shell of the years passed…

3 Likes

I don’t get why people flagged your post, but I have to agree with you.

With IMC ‘Balancing’ talents there is no such thing as ‘Fine Tuning’.
It’s either get overnerfed or overbuffed. The earring mechanic sort of presents opportunities to force players into unique builds, but the RNG and the tedious way of getting them is unbelievable. MoF has no flavor, no inspiration, no creativity, that at this point everything is a Division Singularity rip-off.

Lastly, finally the true face of P2W has recently emerged. A mount that offers permanent damage stats. Although they may be unremarkable, what stat will come next might truly end this game’s life.

1 Like

There’s big different in just trying the game vs play the game regularly
Just trying the game won’t support this game life any further, try to buy tp maybe
Even being f2p won’t really support this game life, probably just so whales and veterans can have peasants to flex and look down into

Anyone can later judge whether the game worthy by first how lively it’s community, it’s economy, and lastly the rpg journey part
The chat is so dead, the market is so empty and the story updated like twice a year

I could tell my game nerd friends (again) who have similar taste like mine, that tos go even more crazier with it freebies, they will probably just try cause they respect me, most likely they won’t if Im not following up lol, then they will experience the in game situation themself and I won’t be surprised if they only play less than 24 hour.
It’s understandable.

Indeed partly to blame for that is a big part of the community, constantly complaining about the time and effort needed to acquire those items. Also IMC for taking the short road and not looking for better solutions, taking the easy way out.

We can clearly see the results of a huge mistake, the people who complained never stayed and what’s left is a broken unfixable game that used to be an RPG.

catch-up mechanics that are applied on most games and that guarantee the fact that you can quit and come back to enjoy the game. You guys are just burnt out.

Is the game the best game ever made? Nope, it has flaws and the early game is weird lowering the chance of people staying, but it’s not that bad of a game, you guys really exaggerate how bad things are.

This forum has literally been seized by a couple of individuals that spew negativity for years, you make big deals out of things that are a minor issue or the status quo of the mmorpg landscape pretending they are hellish ideas only IMC could conceive, there are even people flaming stuff that is literally meaningless months or years after quitting.

A huge mistake IMC has made was not banning Blackwargreymon, hereWeGoAgain and all the usual people that keep polluting this forum trying to make people NOT play the game by literally depicting an inflated apocalyptic view of the game.
Imagine being a potential player and reading this forum to check how the game is without knowing how distorted, jaded and biased are the comments, often made by people who don’t even play.

About the free gifts and events: these are literally the reason for why Tree Of Savior is now a game where if you are not interested into doing Hard Modes, you can LITERALLY play a couple of weeks, try most of the content, quit, and come back after 2-3 months to try more content/classes. It’s not “IMC showering gifts hoping you stay”, it’s IMC setting up an environment where the game can be enjoyed by people that want to hop on and try the new things every so often, rightfully so. They should’ve done this years ago.

Stop with this cringe, literally the mount gives you like 0.01% DPS, nobody cares, has been done for years.

I think he said it himself as “unremarkable” already.

Although every attempt was like small steps.

Back then old pet bonus was ridiculously low and still not updated and they became irrelevant and only become cosmetic now.

Who knows in not so distant future pet will gives 2k attack.

You won’t know what berks capable of doing to mine more money especially when they are desperate.

No. ||||||||||||||||

Freebies are common in most games. It has a psychological effect, specifically a boost in dopamine, which is responsible for addiction. The same chemical is produced when you get that sound from a nicely earned +1 level up.

They give exp boost, leveling gears, and etc. that help in progression.

Trivializing however is a different one, and is done by dying games or dying contents.
Level jump cards, farmable gears and etc.

Unfortunately it is the also the common route in a linear progression game, unless you play a different genre.

Its hard to say it is a good thing because just as I said “dying games”, although the games were not completely dead, they were almost empty.

If the goal was to comeback every 2-3 months, then there’s no point in arguing why the game has barely any players, chat is dead, or market is empty. I am also pretty sure that not all people come back, I have a friend too.

If it wasn’t an issue, threads like these wouldn’t be here in the first place.
If you think there are only few players who have issue with the game that makes new players go away, then why not read steam reviews, recommended or not, you’ll see some interesting things.

Or even read comments from official Imc youtube videos, or even read comments from reviews, reddit etc.

If the system was so great then why the population have gotten small, many people have hated other mmo, they posted on every media they could yet some have population greater than tos.

Like it or not, those are the hard truth. Him saying IMC having no respect for people’s time and effort, it feels exactly that.

My ARK and Karaliene journey was a remarkable one. Constantly trying to earn as much silvers as i can, gambling for 100k a pop from time to time with the hope of getting an archstone, grinding Moring Hard, buying leticia cubes for more silvers, spamming 30-40 CMs a day. That Took 8 MONTHS plus the weeks it took to level10 the ARK.

My VVR4 didn’t make it on time so i had to finish it during the perma +1/transmutor days. Same goes with my overload.

My luciferie, was camping the market for cheap tel harsha resets, took several weeks and insane amounts of silver, plus the TP.

My +21, was dealing with stress of jumping back to +15 several times. Thus wasting more time and silvers.

All this so our character would feel unique, hardened than anyone else. This is normal in any RPG, to grind your way to the end-game. And trivializing all those, i felt ridiculed. Whatever white knighting you do it will never change the minds of those who’ve done the grind.

That’s what people said before Imc release p2w pack of blessed gem, pack of arc stones, boruta card, leticia card, pack of division singularity ticket before silver nerf and after they remove free crafting one, pack of vv and goddess armor upgrade powders and many more…
People with healthy minded competition may never seen this coming but imc just being constant as ever, ruining the experience
If anything on the list of next thing to ruin be p2w is probably evolving stone and next to it may be earring
You can still love the game and belief but don’t be too naive

Wrong

Bro, you literally make the threads and comments, outta here.

Then go away, from the forums too.

No

Okay… you have anything else to back that up?

You mean in tos forums? Yeah you could count them by fingers
As for other media I only read, I play other games too so I could only give a little bit of comment at 1 game at a time

I could list you a series of popular MMORPGs that are not dying and did exactly what you said “only dying games do”. But after that you would flip the question infinite times until i give up, already happened, you are just wrong, take it or leave it.

Everyone,
You don’t argue with people on copium
Years ago I might be the one on copium for keep believing imc
The only way to cure from it is just to face the disappointment yourself
Only then they will realize
If they don’t feeling disappointed or even keep getting satisfied then I say good for them
It’s not like I give a damn either haha
It’s free to judge, whether the game still good or straight (insert any curse word)

4 Likes