Tree of Savior Forum

Preparing for a Healthy Economy in the International Server

Haha.

1.39 Dollar per Euro in year 2014.
1.10 Dollar per Euro in year 2015.
1.08 Dollar per Euro atm.

I still remember the time i could buy something cheaper in the USA then here, even with tax+shipping fee.

It’s only about 77% of what it once was. And i won’t go into the detail of that a german mark was worth more, before the euro even came xD.

But this helps economy ^^. My chef is grinning each time the change rate goes down and cry each time it climbs up … one cent makes a few million more or less earning. It’s the same for any big firms interacting globaly with dollar as main paying form.

Just dropping this here too.

http://image-upload.de/image/zgDSON/3dbbd78077.png

Yeah, i know what you mean, on a simple pov, it would be doable, i mean, it is pieces of digital data we are buying, not something solid like a RC car or a video game console, we don’t have to worry about import taxes (at least i don’t think they are applied to digital products), but on a business pov things might change, as i said before, i can’t say for sure what is what since i never had to do that kind of business at my old company (computer parts shop).

In the end, our world is not that much globalized as some think lol.

Nice comic strip btw LOL. Perfect picture of the situation i would say.

That’s good, much more money goes and comes around in europe, everything is way more expensive there than it is in Mex. And yeah, the fact i’m pointing this out is to state regionalization as a viable strategy.

Haircuts go here from $3 up to $17 (the more expensive ones).

We’re on opposite sides of the scale here, you’re getting cheaper USD’s, and we’re getting more expensive USD’s in Center/South America, where we have way lower salaries than NA/EU/KR/JP and many others.

And I’m not trying to brag, either, but South-america has some of the bigger fan segments (mostly BR). Even though we’re so close to NA (literally, a 4hr drive from where i’m at right now), the economies are waay too different, the prices are way too different, too. That is why I do consider regionalization as a viable sales strategy, since they’re halfway there by publishing through STEAM.

Actually.

Digital products are supect to tax too xD.
They need to tax any income outside of the servers side state … with the land the money came from.

That was one big reason, why Crowfall purchases for EU fans was so freaking absurd.
Your Purchase+20% tax you needed to add. Simply … that they didnt need to pay tax double time.

Yeah i know. That panel … i read it in the “RAIN” Manga … i marathoned these 11 or so volumes.
And then … hmm, wouldn’t this situation be perfect for a erasing and rewriting?

That’s right.

But heck. I wouldn’t bet on it.

I would love them to localize it atleast in 3 to 4 servers.
But … cost versus gain xD.

Yeah, that is under not only the money conversion but also the said country taxes, unfortunately for us (Brazil) the tax is heavy on our side, actually, it’s a tax composed by lots of taxes lol. Our government is the best in the world when it comes to screw the people.

1 Like

Ohh … i would like to debate that.

From my wage 40% minimum goes to the state or to it’s instituionals.
(Health care, Invalid Care etc. )
Then from these 60% or something you pay 8%~20% tax given what you buy.
Then when you bought something and sell it again (buisness wise) you need to pay tax for that again …

But gernerally geverments screw people xD.
No money to make school reforms. But 20.000.000.000 for an new trainstation, which is not gonna be finished … in the next 10 years.

The city i life in build a meeting center for a few hundreth mio euro … and is crying that it needs more money.
xD

Wasteing money as they go.

1 Like

Are you sure you are on EU and not on Brazil? The only difference is, when its a that besides the construction not be finished and abandoned, the money go to some politician pocket and then he put on some Swiss bank lol.

I don’t remember what are the names of the taxes under the 40%, i know the destiny of these 40% should be the same as you described, but not all go there, if 5% goes i think its too much, or none reach there.

Ok it is Brazil! LOL.

Localizing the game is not the same as regionalizing prices. Like I said, steam has all the information required for them to make a decision and set the rates. That’s why the game is being initially localized by the community translators.

Do you guys end up in scenarios where your last paycheck of the year has over 90% tax due to “tax adjustments that were not charged earlier in the year”?

… btw guys, this isn’t a topic about corruption within our goverments, you can go read and discuss that here.

If they do that here they would be killed by now. And no, i am not joking.

One thing followed the other and we ended up on that lol.

Yeah were offtopic now xD.

Anyways.

Overtaxing and Tax Wasteing is a problem everywhere.

xD

Let’s see how IMC handles Tax.

They are probably gonna leave it to Steam to handle that tbh

1 Like