Tree of Savior Forum

Post your doomsday theories here!

Nobody wants the forum littered with doomsday threads, so this thread is for everyone to spout their doomsday theories for the game…in one, ultra-doom-ey spot.

The lack of communication is a bit weird especially around F2P release with so many crippling issues that are essentially disallowing entire communities from being able to play, since before F2P.

TP isn’t available yet which is also concerning. How many F2P games have released this day and age without a way to engage in any microtransactions. Someone who is astute might postulate that they have no TP shop prepared because they planned to ditch it after it went F2P…

I won’t lie it’s kind of scary…

Tree of Savior is going to shutdown. :joy:

IMC is mad because they thought that their main audience were NA players but PLOT TWIST, South American players are their biggest audience, that’s why they don´t give a ■■■■ about Silute server. They don´t want to waste money on a SA server. Related to the TP stuff, game is bugged af, laggy and unstable, that’s why they don´t want to release TP packs.

1 Like

Is it feasible though? What are the financial ramifications of closing up shop on a project like TOS so soon? Surely the founders packs couldn’t have made back even the development cost?

Should’v used “[X]ServerDown PANIC thread” as title. I’m reliving my past p.serv.Ro scars with down time like these, having no news whatsoever from the staff for more than 20hrs.

My Doomsday Theory.

The end is nigh, the end is nigh. The world keeps spinning, till 1 day it doesnt.

The End.

Cash grab my friends. F2P and they didn’t open the TP shop yet. What kind of company forgets to open their pockets for more $$?

It’s strange indeed, but if they do this to the international community, they can forget about launching another game here, and as far as I know, Koreans aren’t playing ToS either so.

It’s useless to speculate at this point. We won’t know anything until we get something out of IMC, and IMC hasn’t exactly been forthcoming. So really, who knows? For all we know they could be working out an agreement with Steam to allow us to buy TP from the Steam store, or having issues with whatever platform they’re using to allow us to pay for TP.

If you’ve been watching, you’ll notice that they prefer to stay quiet until they’ve decided on a course of action and have something concrete to give, even if it’s in the near-far future.

TL;DR: Anything can happen and anything we discuss here is just wild speculation

Also I’m naturally against all this doomsday melodrama as expectations will naturally impact the future of ToS (it applies to investment, and it applies here, too). I really wish people would stop posting stuff like this. Feel free to leave the game, feel free to state your opinion, but please stop plaguing the forum with dramatic threads like this because there are a lot of people who have high hopes for this game and every melodramatic title (doomsday, death, etc.) is just another hole in the game’s sails.

Even people who would’ve loved the game (and who are loving the game) are going to feel uneasy if a loud few make it seem like it’s an inevitability (which it really isn’t, not yet)

Tree of Savior doomsday:

IMC officially announce they ban lolicons

3 Likes

Hello Saviors!!

First of all, we are so sorry for inconvenience. we are trying our best to communicate with all of our saviors including, bug-report, suggestion, etc. If you have suggestion or need communication with us. Please post like this or tag me. Furthermore, we are expecting that TP is coming next week. Sorry for waiting it.
Once again, we are so sorry for inconvenience and thank you so much for our saviors’ supports and cooperation.

Your faithfully, STAFF_MAX

7 Likes

Hello Max, I’ve posted a Ticket and also a message to some of the staffs some time ago, I’m still waiting for a reply on this matter/issue, I’ve been a loyal fan of tos for almost 2 years now and been active in the forum for a long time by now, the least the staff could do is read my message and try to help me, would appreciate if this is the case and nice to meet you @STAFF_Max

I’m not saying that I was right, but:

…and this is not just a bad Steam review anymore.

That’s like saying, “Oh, the clouds are dark and there’s thunder out, guys. It might rain!”

Coming off way too smug there. But yes, the game in it’s current state is still within the, “Can be good, can be crap” state, which for a released game is not within the average taste of a F2P when they see controversial reviews from varying reviews instead of something cookie-cutter like Aura Kingdom where there’s reviews saying, ‘I can see da pantsu :heart_eyes:’. There’s confusion, which leads to disinterest.

And that, is bad.

Doomsday came and went - the game went free to bot.

It’s a shame, really. The changes they made towards the end of Founders’ access had botting on the ropes. They almost had them, when they closed most of the financial loopholes that made getting accounts cheap. It would have worked if the game had stayed buy to play. All they had to do was implement IP locks on certain large countries known for abusing online games and the victory would have been complete.

I rather doubt this game makes enough in USD to finance the kind of 24/7 task force they’d need to save their game from botting. If you disagree with this, well, you’re free to log in and watch the robot armies at work.

1 Like

Out of nowhere a better game than ToS will release, packed with even more nostalgia, great optimization, no server issues, and perfect communication between the developers and the community.

Tomorrow

Re-read every day if necesary.

1 Like