Tree of Savior Forum

Poll: Should ToS have a PK (Player Kill) System?

Hello ToS Community,

This topic has been coming up repeatedly and it feels one-sided so I decided to make a poll! :blush:

For those who aren’t familiar, a PK system means the game is allowing players to kill other players in an open environment.

(Note these are all basic opinions from both sides)

Pros

• It’s fun/challenging!
  • More dynamic

Cons

• Breeds negativity
  • Unfairness (Ex. PKers camp special areas for benefits)

Tree of Savior is rated Everyone and this poll is intended for that. So I ask those who agree/disagree to have an open mind and show empathy for everyones opinions. Let’s build a good/fun community!

Poll Link: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll385448x0AA5155e-15

random passerby stole your blue monster? PK THAT MUG
:smiling_imp:

I think this can be a Disaster, xD. Maybe just an Option to request Duel with other players.

No thanks. I don’t want a random camping me because I “stole” his blue mob

I’m fine with the optional PK channel idea, but having the whole game like that sounds ■■■■■■■ terrible. This game isn’t balanced for pvp, so it would end quite terribly imo.

3 Likes

It’s best as an optional channel. I love OWPvP and I think it would be a great idea for the game, but you have to accept that a very large portion of the people who’re interested in ToS don’t want forceful participation.

A PvP channel would satisfy both groups due to the optional nature of it not forcing anyone into it, but still letting the players experience it if they want to.

3 Likes

Specific map + very limited maps with PK options = then people will have their own territories + gangs.

It would be nice to fight w/ a really nice surrounding!

This thread is biased.

You know very well people want an OPTIONAL PK CHANNEL, and you also know very well that people will vote against it if you don’t explain that part to them.

LINK TO A PROPER THREAD:

3 Likes

great idea!

pk system with npc guardians, like other games… where the npc protects pjs and kills pks

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don’t like the idea of being able to kill others even if they don’t want to fight, that’s plain dumb, although it can help against bots…

Its just like guild war declaration before the neutrality was a possible choice, a guild on my server declared war on 4 other guilds at night and ruined their towers few hours before the maintenance that brought the neutrality system.

Just imagine some idiot going to low level maps to bully players?

If you want PvP, both sides must agree on it Imo, current team battle league’s timing is too restricted, GvG is also the same deal, maybe “turn on” some switch that will make you able to fight others who decided to do the same without bothering those who didn’t.

Or you know, since we’re talking about IMC, they can just use the same idea they did on their old game by opening a map that is PK-free, while having repeatable quests/drops as benefits but at the risk of being killed by other players, one or two maps won’t be much of an issue, but the whole game…

1 Like

For me the problem with PK is that it only pleases the killer, it’s kind of stupid to have an one-sided system, IF the system would also include bonus for PKing the PK’s, then it could work.

Like a bounty-loot system, in a game that drops your bag when you die, you could have a system that allows you to know what the killer was wearing when he killed you, and put a bounty on his/her equipment, another player would pick the bounty, kill the PK and pick that item, the bounty hunter would now choose between keeping the item or trading it for the bounty promised. the PK wouldn’t be able to put a bounty back because he is a PK. To me that’s a good system, it can give everyone a benefit and “stops” the “free-killing” because if you kill someone and don’t pick anything good, you’re risking yourself.

1 Like

On the other hand pk games usually don’t have a lot of bots, for obvious reasons, maybe an open pk sytem could even save ToS from bots.

10 year ago, a famous chinese mmorpg allowed freely PK system along with exp penalty when you died, it was super ultra fun, some player pissed the community (scammer blah blah…) and was hunted in the entire server.
Get killed unreasonable? Call your guild, your clan, your friend and revenged them, most of time it will become guild vs guild. And a bloody large scale battle between player always had happened before world boss/field boss was spawned.
PK system: PK-er didn’t get anything, but if you killed PK-er you will get money and item from them, we hardly saw someone PK just for fun.

1 Like