Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta's Block - Is It Worth It?

It’s complicated. For passive block : your block rate isn’t a flat % of block rate. It is a flat number like 350, and the ennemy has a block rate “piercing” stat. Depending on how much of this stat he has and how much your block stat is.

For the active Block Rate : C button on peltasta OR rodolero ('cause yeah rodolero seems to have it too now) it should’t be a 100% block possible, but a boost to your block stat, so a boost to your block rate, and it buffs your defense too so that you take less damages even if your block doesn’t work ^^

1 Like

Wait, so they added it to Rodelero now too? Hmmmmm…

Manual block is not a skill, its an attribute you only need to buy it once and doesn’t even waste skill points to get that much defense.

If you want “manual block” pick it but dont wait till rodeleiro bcz its too far (personal thoughts).

I don’t mind waiting. With my build, I’ll be taking up Highlander anyways and won’t be going 1-handed till later so I can use Crossguard then respec out of Crossguard afterwards.

Rodelero > Peltasta…and the Strike based debuffs and CCs are indispensable…especially for going Fencer afterwards.

here is the problem

Fencer stance seems to be exclusively 1hand rapier only

originally from this thread: New class in KTOS

so there might need to be weapon swapping needed if wanting to go tank fencer

Still much speculation on that, but for some reason, I doubt they’d make it that the stance is 1-h Fencer/no shield independent.

We will see soon.

in IMC’s Granado Espada the basic fencer stances are only 1hand rapiers. the advance fencer stances can be with a maingauche, pistol or another rapier but never a shield. its more likely for IMC to allow fencer to also wield daggers for offhand. But in real life fencing tournaments we see they are only armed with rapiers.

In a tournament, not in real life.

Historically, throughout the Bronze age, nobility utilized either a roundell, (dagger), or a “rotella”…(small/medium shield), to enhance their stabbing attacks and thrusts at a foe.

I get that IMC never implemented a shield with GE but TOS is a different game. I expect we will see within the end of this week or early next the restrictions of the class abilities.

the skill names are the same in GE http://ge.jupath.me/GranadoEspadaSEA-Jobs-Karjalainen.html#Nav

Attaque Composee /Sept Etoiles/Esquive Touche

and their all from basic fencer stance in GE so for balance the fencer might be exclusively 1hand rapier. not to mention the class has so much evasion bonus and ignores piercing defenses.

Don’t forget, they might just take the easy way out and declare rapier a weapon that uses both weapon slot, making it a pseudo 2h weapon. (In which case Cross guard might just work)
Then again, from the skill descriptions fencer more looks like an evasion type dps class than a tank, giving it a block ability in a roundabout way may not be their aim at all.
Specualtions over speculations…

Look, I’m just tryna speculate a nice build here haha.

A Fencer who took up block in a previous class may rape. Let me dream.

cross guard descript exclusively only for 2hand sword. so 2hand speear wont work with cross guard.

Sooo…
20characterlimitbullshit

2 Likes

^^^^^
@Excellence
your dream is real! until further patches

1 Like

Welllll, there it is.

Well they added the facts that youc an equip rapier with shield, dagger and artefact ^^ doesn’t mean every fencer skills can be use with every position ^^ I think rapier + artefact will be for everyskill but we can’t be sure about the two others yet ^^
Corsair + Fencer for DualRapier? °° hope so ^-^

Fencer looks like a counter attack base class. With that skill which gives dodge and land a hit every sucessfull dodge … (am i right?)

So maybe you can do a mix with dex but a better way would be hoplite with evasion buffs.

When this topic started to became a fencer topic??

I was looking for some peltasta attributs and guardian sounds nice with max 18% dodge.

Hoplite as it stands couldn’t out-DPS a Fencer with that one Fencer attribute that increases Piercing damage when a rapier is equipped. I suspect Fencer will have crit buffs as well plus a few CC’s.

probably more one out balance thing ~~