Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta: Swash Buckling: Maximum HP attribute unintended healing effect?

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : 2nd May 2016

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard

Where it happened (which map, which quest, which npc, etc) : Skill bug

Bug Description :
(letting us know what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened will help us a lot)

Killing things in Knidos Jungle for Adventurer Journal progress.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Have a Peltasta with Swashbuckling Maximum HP attribute
  2. Use Swashbuckling. Maximum HP value will increase by 25%. You are NOT healed for this amount, there will be a gap between your current and maximum hp.
  3. Raise your current hp above your normal maximum hp.
  4. Wait for Swashbuckling to come off cooldown. Use it again.
  5. You gain +25% maximum hp and seem to be healed for that amount.
  6. Effect seems to persist until map or channel changed.

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

• Note when I first use Swashbuckling at 0:01 it is a visual UI bug that my maximum hp isn’t changing, it’s quickly updated when my regen ticks.

• This brings my current hp to 15k, above my normal maximum of 14940.

• At 0:23 I swashbuckle again, and I’m instantly healed up to my maximum hp with swash, 18k.

• I wait for the effects of swashbuckling to completely wear out dropping down to 14940 max hp. At 1:10, I swashbuckle again, and both my current and maximum hp is healed up to 18k

Addendum:

• When swashbuckling is used with the current hp never going over my pre-swash maximum hp, there is no healing effect.

System

• CPU : i5-4590
  • RAM : 16GB
  • Graphics Card : GeForce GTX 970
  • Mainboard : Asus
  • Storage : SSD
  • Internet Connection : 1 GBps
  • Country, Region : Singapore, SEA

Shh…!! Don’t tell them this! I like my swordie having a temporary +25% HP when leveling :smiley:

But joking aside, I believe swashbuckling is working as intended. According to the maintenance notes seen below, they implied that when using swashbuckling, your HP would normally revert back to the original amount. This makes the HP increase technically useless during a big fight because any HP recovered over your original would be taken away.

An example of how swashbuckling previously worked: so that I could gain a small advantage before tanking a boss, I would kindly ask our resident cleric in the party to lay some heal tiles on the floor for me to step on so that I could gain full HP after I cast swashbuckling. However this was all futile since I would soon cast swashbuckling again to aggro the boss and any remaining mobs and thereby losing the +25% HP advantage.

However, after the patch, I am now able to happily keep up the 25% HP advantage that I have if and only if I cast swashbuckling when my HP is full or when my HP is above my normal value. Now, I sometimes cast swashbuckling, sit and wait for the cooldown for swashbuckling to reset, stand up and charge the boss, then cast swashbuckling again for an instant +25% HP. That is of course if I don’t get hit by an attack that would set my HP lower than my normal value.

I believe that this was intended to make tanking easier and to give the peltasta class a small advantage towards other classes and roles. However, I have tested this skill and seen some abuse that can come with it. For example, I tank a small mob whose damage can not pull my HP down to below my normal HP value. If this happens, I can just cast my swashbuckling skill to constantly restore and HP lost while tanking. This concept also proves the same during PvP, if an opponent were to be unable to bring me below the 25% HP margin that swashbuckling gives us in a time period of 20 seconds (since 20 seconds is the cooldown of the skill) then I am able to restore any damage inflected on to me by my opponent.

Honestly, I like it and I don’t want it to change. It has be believing that when casting swashbuckling, the Peltasta class would go through a temporary adrenaline boost so that he can tank better. However, as cool as that may sound, I can already see that there might be a possibility for some imbalances in the future.

Perhaps a possible solution is to remove the restoration that the skill attributes and instead have any HP above the original health value constant if recasted.

From the phrasing of that line, my belief is that it is to allow you to keep the post-swash maximum hp without dropping back down to pre-swash levels which was a bug. Which is to say exactly what you meant by:

Perhaps a possible solution is to remove the restoration that the skill attributes and instead have any HP above the original health value constant if recasted.

Like,
10000/10000hp -> Swash - > 12500/12500
Take damage of 1000 -> 11500/12500
Swash before buff expires in the 10s cooldown gap -> Maintain 11500/12500

Before it was fixed, you would drop back down to 10000/12500, hence ‘wasting’ the extra 1000 hp. But right now the way it functions,

Take damage of 1000 -> 11500/12500
Swash before buff expires in the 10s cooldown gap -> Heal back up to 12500/12500.

If this is completely intended, I believe the initial cast would have had the same healing effect. The fact that this only triggers if your swashbuckling expires while you have current hp above your normal maximum leads me to believe that it’s a bug -> you don’t get the same heal when you’re at 9000/12500 and you swash, for instance.

One more test I did (but didn’t record unfortunately), if I ended swashbuckling at 11500/12500 dropping back down to 10000/10000, I could ‘store’ this heal charge and let myself take damage down to 8000/10000, then tap swashbuckling for a 2.5k heal. This definitely doesn’t feel like intended behavior.

Make no mistake, I do want to be wrong on this though.

In the time between this bug report, I ran a dungeon. As a High Con Pel in the level 50 dungeon, I managed to keep myself up almost completely with the self-heal from this - I almost couldn’t even avoid doing this because of stacked hp regen, lack of being damaged by physical hits and healing up 3k with every swash. It would certainly make healer’s job much easier and allow Con build swordsmen to carry harder through no-healer runs.

So please let this be a buff. Giltine Praying intensifies.

I don’t think this was intended.

It was a result of very bad coding when they recently tried to change the skill.

Fix one bug and another shall rise! Hail Hydra!

I didn’t see these in my tests of swashbuckling. Also, after this week’s maintenance I have noticed less and less the healing restoration of swashbuckling. However it is still present in some cases whenever I cast the skill. Further testing and use is required for this